cowens/oldschool
RosalieTCeltics
swish
gyso
kdp59
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CELTICS NEED A STAR, BUT DEMARCUS COUSINS WOULD BE A TERRIBLE FIT - Page 2 Empty Re: CELTICS NEED A STAR, BUT DEMARCUS COUSINS WOULD BE A TERRIBLE FIT

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:50 pm

Hey buddy what exactly has Cousins done that is worse or even near what Barkley did at that time? Barkley was way worse and his actions and bluntness with management led to him being traded to Phoenix....also heard a story of him throwing someone that was supposedly bothering him thru a window. Without him Suns obviously never get to Finals in 93.

The kid has gotten some bad press, I'm sure some deserved....what has he done so BAD? other than making faces and shouting sometimes, I don't see it. KG was a manic talker/shouting shit at everybody and I loved what he did for this franchise. Perception is not always reality, I actually saw Barkley in city a few times, he was low key, was never a problem.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

CELTICS NEED A STAR, BUT DEMARCUS COUSINS WOULD BE A TERRIBLE FIT - Page 2 Empty Re: CELTICS NEED A STAR, BUT DEMARCUS COUSINS WOULD BE A TERRIBLE FIT

Post by 112288 Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:57 am

Cowan,

You have a short memory. I saw him in Boston go into his baby bull shxt complaining while 4 of his teammates were down court trying to play defense while he is lollygagging with the ref's about a missed call. AND THE CELTICS TOOK ADVANTAGE AND SCORED!

I have seen this every time I've watched the guy. He is a walking baby in a 6'11" 270 body........a man child. Not that he is not a bad guy off the court, but he is child like and you cannot take such as risk. Imagine when he gets to the last year and wants an extended contract at max and Danny say.....see me July 1st.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:43 am

Sometimes the reward can be worth the gamble. Just ask the Bulls.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-10-03/sports/sp-52721_1_san-antonio-spurs

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:43 am

No gambling here when Danny holds all the cards.  A bad move that cost talent and draft picks sets us back 3-4 years.

Don't care about the Bulls and what they have done....this is the Celtics and here and now! Besides, it is a weak argument using the Bulls as they gave up a back up center/Perdue for a guy who was worth NOTHING!

You think you are going to give up Zeller for Cousins..............I think not!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:15 am

112288 - Rodman may have looked weird, but he was NOT a trouble maker nor an exceptionally dirty player. He was in fact a rebounding genius who deserves much more credit than he's been given and in no way belongs in a category with DeMarcus Cousins.

Yes, he has me on retainer as a PR agent.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:26 am

First who stated that he was a dirty player...I did not. Trouble maker..yes .....and the only 3 people who kept him in line was Jordan.....obvious, Phil Jackson resident shrink, and his manager - as Rodman was dead broke and heading for skid row and he needed the big pay day. Rodman had to keep his mouth and actions in check or he knew where he was headed.

YOU WANT COUSINS......I'LL TAKE HIM FOR THE SAME COMPENSATION AS RODMAN WAS ACQUIRED.....ZELLER OR NO ONE!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:31 am

I didn't say I wanted Cousins...but Rodman's ex wife, Carmen Electra, yes!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:34 am

agreed lol

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:39 am

I certainly don't have the up close knowledge needed to evaluate the plus and minus of a trade for Cousins. If he ever became available in a trade and Danny wanted him I would certainly defer to his judgment as to what it would cost the Celtics. As to Rodman being worth NOTHING. I thing that his record prior to the trade to the Bulls paints a different picture. In addition to his being an outstanding rebounder his record as an ALL NBA PLAYER is, I think, quite impressive. His past history aside, Rodman was a very valuable player on 3 Bulls championship teams

Honors
1988-89 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
1989-90 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
1990-91 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
1991-92 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
1991-92 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
1992-93 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
1993-94 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
1994-95 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
1994-95 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
1995-96 NBA All-Defensive (1st)

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:59 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Cousins drives me crazy! He is. Member of the new generation of players who think the game revolves around them and do not play TEAM ball. His personality is a real negative, he is not the answer to the Celtics problems. Remember the complaints about Rondo, this is his brother

I'll take Rondo with those compalints about him. With his 14 point 20 assist game tonight, not sure many on here have noticed what a roll he's been on. in his last 9 games he's averaging 13.2 points (on 45% shooting, 40% on threes), a staggering 14.1 assists and 9.1 rebounds. Unbelievable numbers. Throw in 2.6 steals per game and you've got numbers that easily put him among the elite point guards in the NBA. For nine games, anyway. And yeah, I know he's averaged 5 TO's a game (up from his usual 3.5) in that span and is shooting a horrid 37.5% on free throws - forever his bugaboo - but he's only missed five FT's in that span (out of eight) so it's not like those misses are costing his team anything. Bottom line is, he is playing spectacularly at the moment and I, for one, miss watching that Rondo wearing green.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:22 am

I miss him too. He was great for us. We made a good move trading him. But he's back on top again , and I'll always be on his side.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:10 am

112288 wrote:Cowan,

You have a short memory.  I saw him in Boston go into his baby bull shxt complaining while 4 of his teammates were down court trying to play defense while he is lollygagging with the ref's about a missed call. AND THE CELTICS TOOK ADVANTAGE AND SCORED!

I have seen this every time I've watched the guy.  He is a walking baby in a 6'11" 270 body........a man child.  Not that he is not a bad guy off the court, but he is child like and you cannot take such as risk.  Imagine when he gets to the last year and wants an extended contract at max and Danny say.....see me July 1st.

buddy if thats the worst thing he did, I'll take him. Barkley, Rodman other players have done way worse and he may be a man child, but he can still play at an elite level. This is sports, if you can play, you can play and help a team win, its not about personality, if you can't play doesn't matter how nice a person or personality you have, you won't be on a team at this level unless you can play first and foremost....Cousins can play and alot of teams are going to try to make deals to acquire him. I didn't particularly like KG, then when he was traded here, I fell in love with the guy, the way he defended and spirit he played with....alot of fans hate KG's game and histrionics, he talked a greater degree of trash than Bird. All players and situations are different, Cousins might not have won yet, doesn't mean he can't.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:18 am

steve I'm happy for Rondo, he is such an elite passer, seems like out of nowhere he's leading the league in assists again. I was amazed he was still leading the league in assists with us right before he got traded, he was playing with a bunch of nobodys and bums like Jeff Green and he still racked up those dimes. Playing with Gay and Cousins, he should be able to keep racking them up.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next