Marcus update

2 posters

Go down

Marcus update Empty Marcus update

Post by beat Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:37 am

A few days ago I PM'd many of you about my son.

Suffice to say he has made the Varsity Baseball team as a freshman at his school. Much of this realistically has to do with numbers. There are only 13 on the roster and only 10 from last years Varsity Team. He is the only lefty which certainly is a bonus. He has a very good relationship with the new coach. The coach is associated with the Watertown Wizards of the College summer baseball league and we are season ticket holders for several years so he has know Marcus for a bit. If ealry practices are any indication it looks like the first base job is his to lose. As for pitching, he is unsure of where he is on the pecking order but I'm sure he will get opportunities along the way even if it is only mopping up late in lopsided games.

With the somewhat disappointing JV Basketball season in the rear view mirror now, he is really excited about this. He thinks this coach can really help him develop further as a pitcher and has already addressed some things he needs to tweek on his delivery. Told him if he works at it, he could be very good someday. He likes basketball a lot but baseball really is his sport and alays has been. We even watched the movie The Rookie last evening (for about the 100th time) (based on the true story of Jimmy Morris making it into the majors in his late 30's as a lefty pitcher)

Games begin in early April and with the nice wether hopefully ALL the snow melts soon and they can be outside by next week sometime.

Baseball at our school has always been a somewhat poor sport record wise. Personally a .500 record would be great for them.

Anyway the sun is certainly shining for him now. He's a good kid and certainly deserves this chance. Very Happy
beat

Last edited by beat on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Marcus update Empty Re: Marcus update

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 am

Beat,

Congratulations to Marcus!

Playing varsity early will challenge him to really step up and take his game to the next level. I've seen it so many times; here is where he will really refine his skills. He is no doubt ready for the challenge.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down