Comments From The Other Side - Clippers, Home

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Clippers, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - Clippers, Home

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:23 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2016/02/comments-from-other-side-clippers-21016.html

Clips have been playing with fire in not starting out the last few games with focus and defensive intensity so I hope they start out strong and maintain their edge for 48 minutes. Boston has been playing very well and if our team isn’t mindful of this challenging opponent, they’ll likely going to get burned.

To me, Brad Stevens has jumped to elite status already as a coach. It amazes me how he has adapted to the NBA so quickly. Another jitterbug PG for CP3 to have to chase around again.

I’m gonna just assume Clips get blown out. Boston is a young team full of fire and energy while Clips have been hobbling into the break. Additionally this is the last game on a road trip and they’re just gassed from losing 2 rotation players.   Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Boston played a tough road game last night. We get them on the 2nd night of a b2b. We may lose – but I think using "tiredness" and a roadtrip excuse is a cop out.

The Celts will just eat a bunch of hot dogs and be great

The Celtics remind me of a defense based version of the Denver Nuggets a few years ago (post-Carmelo trade) Lots of depth, no real stars (Isaiah Thomas??), and a very good coach (though Stevens now might be better than Karl then). This will be a tough one, but DJ should be able to dominate the glass against them

Not so sure about DJ dominating the boards Sullinger holds his own pretty good against elite rebounders. DJ is still miles better, but Sully is no pushover on the boards.

Their defense is outstanding, 2nd best defensive rating, they have so many quality perimeter defenders (Bradley, Crowder, Smart..), their offense is improving and is somewhere around top ten. Stevens is so good, he drew so many game winners in this short time, some were really breathtaking.

They are young and have a lot of depth so they do excellent in back to back games. They run a lot, yeah it will be a tough one…

Olynyk's hair will win no matter if Boston loses!  (MY NOTE:  wow.  Don't usually see this.  Usually see the opposite.  Must be a CA hippie)

Am worried about Olynyk's jumper And DJ’s balancing between going out on shooting big men and protecting the rim. Kelly could really torch us from deep.  (MY NOTE:  didn't happen like this, but it shows good appreciation of the changing of the NBA.  Threats like Kelly are being taken seriously)

Redick and I. Thomas are comparable, but DJ and CP are a cut above the rest of the guys on the floor tonight. And Pierce might even want to break out a good game in Boston, his first and perhaps only as a Clipper.

No mention of Doc going back to Boston? We had to give the Celtics our 2015 1st round pck for Doc. Also Doc didn't want to rebuild so it would be a bit ironic if as the Clips GM shakes it up by trading Griffin to the Celtics for the draft rights to Ben Simmons or something similar.

The Clippers better come to play tonight. Under coach Brad Stevens, the Celtics will compete from the opening tip-off. They'll be particularly amped coming off a last-second loss in Milwaukee last night. I've heard it argued that Boston is a team full of role players headlined by Jae Crowder, but they're a dangerous opponent, especially if taken lightly.

ESPN's most recent NBA Power Rankings also have the Clippers actually below the Celtics.

This will be tough, no doubt about it. The Celtics are on a roll at the moment, Isiah Thomas in particular is white hot.

They lost a really close game yesterday so hopefully they're just as tired as we are. They're a young team with great wings, it's gonna be a tough one for Paul and JJ.

A win tonight... Will definitely push the team up the power rankings. We have yet to beat a top 3 team in either conference, even though a 3 seed in the Eastern conference is not quite the same as it is in the west.

Paul Pierce gets massive ovation and is introduced last as his teammates mob him on the court. Then Doc Rivers gets huge applause.

Things Im watching out for: That spark plug of a point guard on the Celtics; Paul will have his hands full tonight. One of the Boston commentators has it out for Chris Paul...

I could watch these two teams play a series. Seems like fun.

We're shooting 14-20 from the floor to start this game. That's 70%

Their 2nd units D is giving the Clips a problem.

Anyone else how much more DeAndre dominates without Blake...Makes ya think...

They’re going at Jamal every position

Crawful needs to stop shooting

Boston isn’t having very many empty trips right now.

Neither are we, to be fair

Boston has some really good players who play well together. Nice pace, good defense. Clips have a challenge to get this win.

They def don't look tired from last night!

Legit thought I was looking at glen Davis but it was really Jared sullinger

71 pts in a half This is ridiculous.

that's an ABA score not their best defensive showing. Boston got a lot of easy baskets

Team has to dig in Boston played last night on the road Can’t let them out work you on both ends.

CP3 flops, doesn't get the call, and hurts his finger.

Bad decision trying to draw the foul on Sullinger there

He never learns sadly.... Its not worth the effort. Its not the first time he got injured off a flop.

Boston is like mini warriors with all these wing and backcourt players

A lot of great two way wings, a lot of nice two way players in general, but they just don't have a star. The team just needs to somehow acquire one star level player without losing all these two way players they have. They have a lot of picks, good ones too.

Pity that PP buzzer beater didn't beat the buzzer!

Yeah they look like they have a pretty good team. The re build happened quicker than I thought it would.  (MY NOTE:  Cowens!  What are you doing on their board?  Is that why you weren't on our Game On thread last night?)

Danny Ainge has shown himself to be a very nice GM. He's cashed in on a good amount of solid deals and racked up a lot of assets.

Team ball versus ISO play The other team is coming off a high scoring game we shouldn’t be letting this happen. Design something other than a jumper or ISOfor Jamal.

Atrocious defense by the Clippers. This is hard to watch.

Giving up 64 when you are known for your tough D isn't that good either!

Just bench Pierce.

All guts by this Boston team.

Imagine this Celtics team with Blake.

Imagine the Clippers with Danny Ainge as GM, droooolll!!!! Or just with Boston's wings, + Amir Johnson as the third big man, lol

Real tough to score on this defense.

How is Isaiah able to layup on DJ all the time?

BS tech, unless he said something real bad but like that doesn't happen in every nba game

"Clippers" reputation tech. Such a BS self-fulfilling prophesy.

I'm pretty sure lance was just reacting to the Celtics bench. If the refs are going to call a tech on lance.. They should’ve called it on their bench as well.

Who are these clown refs

The good news about the fourth quarter is Pierce most likely won't come back in

Bradley from my recent memory has not had great success defending JJ for some reason, don't know why, but even as a good defender, JJ's offensive method just doesn't work for him lol

Boston has an amazing crowd and fan base, legendary franchise

Every time I see Sullinger I keep thinking Big Baby

Maybe Paul Pierce shouldn’t be in the game for rebounding at the end

we are lucky refs bailed us out

Isaiah Thomas IS A PROBLEM!

WHAT THE!! FOUL ON CROWDER!?!?!? HOLY CRAP WE CATCH A HUGE BREAK!

Dam u Isaiah

damn it, how do we not know when dj switches onto IT hes making every shot!??? That speed and quickness

Rebounds and FT will cost us this game

BOSTON WON'T MISS!! Unbelievable!

Good game, our guys were tired.

That’s not an excuse considering Boston is on a back-to-back.

Wesley is soft, Smart is a bull

Well they fouled out Crowder at least.

Can't believe the missed free throws.Boston making their's.

If Clippers lose it's because they beat themselves.

Interesting Doc went with Pierce to ride the TO with even though Lance was going in the 4th.

They let victory slip away from their hands. We're headed to a second round exit at the hands of the Warriors anyway. Can't get too worked up with these kind of loses.

For any talk about Lance minutes and discipline you can look at the hypocrisy which is Doc and his lame reliance on Jamal to allow him to stay in games and shoot.

Big time flaw on Doc

Rebounding always hurting

Cripes! If we had grabbed the defensive rebound, this game would be over. After that, we miss a rebound off a missed free throw and then miss yet another rebound off another missed free throw before the ref bailed us out with a foul call.

Wesley needs to hit the gym after Smart man handled him like that

Isaiah Thomas is a bad dude.

Isaiah Thomas, the five-foot assassin

Clips lose to Celtics in an overtime adrenaline rush. All those missed rebounds, missed free throws, and missed assignments.

The biggest crime was Doc River's nostalgia, thinking that Paul Pierce was going to save them. It's not 2008 anymore.

The Celtics deserved the victory, but the Clippers had plenty of opportunities to win. The lack of defense and rebounding allowed Boston to do what it wanted offensively. Stevens outcoached Doc by disrupting the Clippers' game plan whether it was fouling DJ to prevent implementing Doc's play out of a timeout, pressuring CP3 defensively so that he couldn't get his elbow jumpers, or taking advantage of DJ's lack of perimeter defense with their big men taking outside shots.

Amazing night by CP3 and the refs not quite enough.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Clippers, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - Clippers, Home

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Interestingly, this is the first "comments from the other side" where the opposing team's fans actually respected the Celtics. Usually fans assume their team should win, become furious when their team starts losing, and give all the credit to Brad. These are the first opposing fans to have some respect for our players.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down