Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott

3 posters

Go down

Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott Empty Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:49 pm

http://nypost.com/2016/04/27/brother-kept-jeanie-buss-in-dark-over-lakers-firing-byron-scott/

Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott

By Andrew Lynch April 27, 2016 | 10:05am

Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott

Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott Buss
Jeanie Buss and Jim Buss Photo: Getty Images

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY:
logo-fox-sports

Firing a head coach and moving on to a new era for your NBA team is a pretty hefty decision. One imagines that when it’s time to move on, the organization needs to be on the same page — or, at the very least, that the important people would be informed of the pending change.

But when the Los Angeles Lakers parted ways with Byron Scott this week, co-owner Jeanie Buss admits that she was in the dark.

Buss appeared on “The Herd” on Tuesday and told Colin Cowherd that she didn’t know Scott was going to be let go — and that she didn’t see it coming.

Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott K8VVkyX6?format=jpg&name=640x360
Herd w/Colin Cowherd ✔ ‎@TheHerd
.@JeanieBuss didn't expect the Lakers to fire Byron Scott. #TheHerd
12:28 PM - 26 Apr 2016
 26 26 Retweets   55 55 likes

Buss’ lack of awareness of the impending switch is understandable to a certain degree. She and brother Jim Buss have a distinct separation of powers within the Lakers. Jim runs the basketball operations side of things, while Jeanie is responsible for the business side.

And that’s fine, except for two small problems. First, Jeanie reportedly has final say within the organization. It would be one thing if she merely wasn’t informed that Scott had officially been let go. Maybe she was in a meeting or busy setting up the future of the franchise. Cool. But if she really didn’t have any inkling that this move was coming, that’s not good. If she had no input on the decision or knowledge that the conversation was even happening, then she must really trust her brother. Right?

Second, Jeanie is the public face of the franchise, especially now that Kobe Bryant has retired. It’s probably in the Lakers’ best interest to make it appear as if everyone is actually communicating about team-altering decisions.

She doesn’t need to be involved in everything, of course; it’s not her job to micromanage the basketball side of things. She probably won’t be involved in hiring the new coach, because that falls under her brother’s duties with the team. Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak recently said that while he wouldn’t expect any major developments in the immediate future, the team does plan to have its new coach in place before the NBA draft, which takes place on June 23.

On their own, Buss’ comments aren’t the end of the world. It’s just how the Lakers do business. But with all we know about the relationship between Jeanie and Jim — including an ultimatum for Jim to step down if Los Angeles can’t return to contention sooner than later — the appearance of another rift does the Lakers no favors.

bob
MY NOTE:  There was also that incident where Jim Buss made the decision to hire Mike D'Antoni to repace Mike Brown instead of Phil without consulting and/or informing Jeannie.  I've lived in CA since 1992.  People out here are very passive-aggressive, and this behavior sure comes across like it.  I don't know if Jeannie has the authority to fire her brother, I believe she does, and if so then I have to believe this will finally cook his goose.

Btw, I do not understand the "modal trigger" allusion.  Does anybody get it?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott Empty Re: Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott

Post by Outside Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:32 am

Continuing dysfunction in the Laker front office. It will be interesting to see if it all blows up when Jimmy Buss's self-imposed deadline arrives and it turns into Family Feud.

As for the modal trigger, that's a Javascript coding term. It's not actually in the the title of the article, but my guess is that it has something to do with how you accessed the article or references a piece of Javascript inserted ahead of the article. Based on my meager knowledge, a modal is a pop-up that can be used for various purposes (to display a message or some other content, for example), and a trigger can be a button or other mechanism to launch the modal. What's curious is how you got it into your thread title.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott Empty Re: Modal Trigger Brother kept Jeanie Buss in dark over Lakers firing Byron Scott

Post by bobc33 Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:07 am

Perhaps we could have some fun coming up with bizarre meanings of a "Model Trigger?" I'll let my subconscious work on it overnight, weird things usually arise form it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down