What a Great Season!!!

+2
RosalieTCeltics
wideclyde
6 posters

Go down

What a Great Season!!! Empty What a Great Season!!!

Post by wideclyde Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:52 am

I for one want to congratulate the entire Celtics team and administration for providing me (and others, I am sure) for a great season!
Fun to watch, fun to follow, etc, etc. Definitely on the way to #18.

Yes, they were sometimes very young. And, sometimes very frustrating. But, always interesting and exciting.

Great head coach and coaching staff, players improving from within right before our eyes, 48 regular season wins compared to only 23 three seasons ago,
two playoff wins after well earning the 6th draft pick in the first round (Marcus Smart) only two drafts ago and many roster additions and subtractions.

I now am very anxious to see what Ainge does this summer. He is officially "on the clock" on all fronts including the draft, free agency and trades.

These might be the first 2017 predictions the board: 55 to 57 wins next year, second place in the eastern conference and at least one playoff series conquest.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

What a Great Season!!! Empty Re: What a Great Season!!!

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:05 am

I said at the beginning of the season that I was looking forward to this year. I had hopes that they would be so much better than last year. Well, they delivered! Even when they were missing important pieces to theilineup (Jae Crowder for one), and at the end of the season Avery Bradley and then Kelly Olynik. Yet they still forced me to stay up until the wee hours of the morning during the West Coast swing

They lost to the Hawks, but I have nothing but complete respect for this team. Now it is on to May 17 for the draft lottery lineup, and then the draft in June. July free agency should be interesting to say the least.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOSTON CELTICS. THIS HAS BEEN A BLAST. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR WITH TWO MAX PLAYERS ON THE BOOKS TO HELP IT OUT AND MAKE A BIG RUN AT THE EASTERN DIVISION TITLE

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:05 am

I said at the beginning of the season that I was looking forward to this year. I had hopes that they would be so much better than last year.  Well, they delivered!  Even when they were missing important pieces to the lineup (Jae Crowder for one), and at the end of the season Avery Bradley and then Kelly Olynik. Yet they still forced me to stay up until the wee hours of the morning during the West Coast swing

They lost to the Hawks, but I have nothing but complete respect for this team. Now it is on to May 17 for the draft lottery lineup, and then the draft in June.  July free agency should be interesting to say the least.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOSTON CELTICS. THIS HAS BEEN A BLAST.  SEE YOU NEXT YEAR WITH TWO MAX PLAYERS ON THE BOOKS TO HELP IT OUT AND MAKE A BIG RUN AT THE EASTERN DIVISION TITLE

Last edited by RosalieTCeltics on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:01 pm

An 8 win improvement with the only major change the addition of Amir.  I like the guy but he isn't responsible for 8 Ws.

If someone had told me 2 years ago we would be tied for 3rd in the EC and have the same record as Miami and Atlanta this year I'd have laughed.  We've just barely completed year 3 of a minimum 3-5 year rebuild, we've made excellent progress and the first real gold nugget from the Pierce/KG trade is about to drop in our laps without having to lose to get it.  Truly a win-win for us.

Danny has never had it as good as he does now.  He has TONS of assets to work with.  He owns half a draft, he has some players to offer, he has enough cap space for two max contract players and he has an up-and-coming team to offer them.

Thanks, Boston Celtics and this board, for the fun year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:39 pm

I too am grateful and proud of this teams accomplishments.
Now, who goes and who stays and who do we add through FA, trades and draft. These questions will continue to linger until they are answered which just adds to the excitement that the C's have provided for the past 10 months.
It's great be a Celts fan!!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:17 am

May 17, we will find where we will draft. Let's hope the leprechaun is on Danny's shoulder that day, or should I say lets hope Red has a hand in the ping pong ball machine!

The toughest part of them being eliminated so early is WHAT THE HELL DO I WATCH NOW??????????? I will watch west coast teams, cannot watch James and Wade,, just can't stand them. I kind of hope Pop pulls it off in the finals and wins the whole thing. He deserves it the way he has built or rebuilt that team on the fly.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:43 am

Ktronic1 wrote:I too am grateful and proud of this teams accomplishments.
Now, who goes and who stays and who do we add through FA, trades and draft. These questions will continue to linger until they are answered which just adds to the excitement that the C's have provided for the past 10 months.
It's great be a Celts fan!!

ktronic,

Indeed it is, and you were a steady, regular one on the Game On threads all year. It was a pleasure posting with you all those games.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:09 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:May 17, we will find where we will draft.  Let's hope the leprechaun is on Danny's shoulder that day, or should I say lets hope Red has a hand in the ping pong ball machine!    

The toughest part of them being eliminated so early is WHAT THE HELL DO I WATCH NOW??????????? I will watch west coast teams, cannot watch James and Wade,, just can't stand them.  I kind of hope Pop pulls it off in the finals and wins the whole thing. He deserves it the way he has built or rebuilt  that team on the fly.

Rosalie

Rosalie,

I understand you not wanting to watch Wade, but Charlotte has taken the Heat to 7 games.  Tomorrow at 1:00 PM on ABC you can watch the Hornets beat the Heat and put them out of the playoffs.  That would be a happy occurrence for most of us.

The Hornets have Big Al coming off the bench and there is Nicolas Batum, who may be a possible player for us to replace Crowder with in the starting unit.  They have the other Zeller, Courtney Lee, Jeremy Lin, Frank Kaminsky and others, so they are a fun bunch to watch.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:54 pm

I watched a little last nigh, is it me or is Big Al big now. He looks alot heavier

He had 12 points in the third quarter when I shut if off. Too bad, I wish they had taken that game

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Very entertaining season. Brad Steven's stock went way up over the last 12 months, A+. IT's sky-rocketed and leveled off the last couple of weeks, A-. The Celtics record improved 8 games against a much tougher EC, B. Jaerebko's increased exponentially the last two weeks, probably enough to grant him a seat at the table for next season, B. AB's stopped trading with the injury, but he should be ok, A-. Smart showed true Celtic work ethic, B+. That's more than enough for a seat. Anytime. Dave Cowens-like.

ATL showed us we were probably not as far along as we thought we were and that's actually a very good thing. Danny will have to take note of that and must raise the bar significantly in the next 2 months or so from his, pre-playoff level. Of the four teams tied for 3rd, we may have been the weakest link.

From all I can gather, this new salary cap is going to produce a buzzard on a gut wagon-like frenzy of a proportion we have never seen before in the NBA. Danny has to be the lion or hyena at the top of the food chain with all that we have in assets . His moves may be able to top the KG/RA heist or should top it without much effort. It may resemble a game of musical chairs with only one or two chairs available that will totally re-make a franchise or two overnight. If DA delays, sits tight or doesn't swing for the fence early and have it locked down, Banner 18 in the next 3-4 years may be just a fantasy.

If this team as currently constructed would have gone further in the playoffs his year, DA might have been lulled into a false sense of security and would have taken less action. But I am going to thank ATL early on for what they did for us. They may have accelerated everything for us.

We are finally now in our REAL post season.

db

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down