Is this the "smartest' or a "good" move?

5 posters

Go down

Is this the "smartest' or a "good" move? Empty Is this the "smartest' or a "good" move?

Post by beat Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Andrew Bynum has a strained Achilles tendon and is traveling with the team on their current 8 day 5 game trip.

He is to be reassessed when the team returns and is not going to play. Here is the piece on it.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/21/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20100322

So why take him on the trip?

Seems he's be better off getting whatever therapy he needs in LA.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Is this the "smartest' or a "good" move? Empty Re: Is this the "smartest' or a "good" move?

Post by sinus007 Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi,
I think he does have the injury but it's minor, most probably doesn't require serious treatment. They just want him to be 100% before playoffs.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Is this the "smartest' or a "good" move? Empty Re: Is this the "smartest' or a "good" move?

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Taking Bynum with them when they travel will help him rest. Leaving him in LA will result in him walking around (which he shouldn't do with an achilles problem) with a Playboy bunny on each shoulder.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:13 pm

bobheckler wrote:Taking Bynum with them when they travel will help him rest. Leaving him in LA will result in him walking around (which he shouldn't do with an achilles problem) with a Playboy bunny on each shoulder.

bob

bob,

LOL, I forgot about that picture.
If Bynum is joining them on the road then LA's management and their trainers must feel that he is better off with the team.
It is impossible to question the team not knowing why they made that decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:52 pm

tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Taking Bynum with them when they travel will help him rest. Leaving him in LA will result in him walking around (which he shouldn't do with an achilles problem) with a Playboy bunny on each shoulder.

bob

bob,

LOL, I forgot about that picture.
If Bynum is joining them on the road then LA's management and their trainers must feel that he is better off with the team.
It is impossible to question the team not knowing why they made that decision.

tj,

He's walking around in a soft boot, so it isn't so bad that it has to be completely immobilized. Furthermore, you don't want to "rehab" an achilles tendon (assuming it isn't ruptured and requires surgery, and this doesn't appear to be that), you just want to leave it alone for a while, so taking him on the road isn't taking him away from regular therapy sessions.

I'm sure it's ok. Most people just think that if you're too hurt to play you're too hurt to travel, but that's too harsh.

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:40 pm

I will tell you one thing from experience. If he comes back too soon and ruptures his Achilles - he will not only miss the playoffs, but will miss the entire season next year.

Achilles Tendon repair is a 12 month recovery at best.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:04 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:I will tell you one thing from experience. If he comes back too soon and ruptures his Achilles - he will not only miss the playoffs, but will miss the entire season next year.

mrkleen,

If he RUPTURES his achilles, not only will it take him a year to come back, he'll probably never come back 100%.

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Man he is sure hurt a lot. He is so damn young. Just got bad wheels I guess.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 pm

bobheckler wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:I will tell you one thing from experience. If he comes back too soon and ruptures his Achilles - he will not only miss the playoffs, but will miss the entire season next year.

mrkleen,

If he RUPTURES his achilles, not only will it take him a year to come back, he'll probably never come back 100%.

bob

/

You are spot on Bob.

I ruptured mine 3 years ago...and I am still sore everyday....and that is with doing meager exercise, like running 3 miles TOPS. You can see how someone like Elton Brand is just not the same.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down