spike
jeb
bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
steve3344
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LA Times calls Artest a "difficult fit" - Page 2 Empty Re: LA Times calls Artest a "difficult fit"

Post by beat Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Bob

Some girl in denver said it i think!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

LA Times calls Artest a "difficult fit" - Page 2 Empty Re: LA Times calls Artest a "difficult fit"

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 pm

bob you lookin at me?so you think I'm funny?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:bob you lookin at me?so you think I'm funny?

cow,

NOT YOU!! You're the most serious guy around.

not.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 am

Bob,

I did not see or here anything about what you are asking in your post about Kobe's interview, allegedly (sp). I know you said it was a network channel. If it was a local interview in the LA Market, then that might be the reason I did not hear if it. I live down in San Diego and do not get allot of the LA Channels.

I would guess that if he actually said that it was the result of being asked a certain question by a reporter. Then he probably said something where he hinted that was the case, teammates being selfish. He has a way of saying things to get his point across without actually saying it, but everyone knows what he means.

Sometimes I think Kobe's teammates should be a little selfish. However, if you watched the Lakers / Spurs game last night Phil got onto Kobe early in that game for not being more aggressive in taking shots. At that moment, I couldn't help to wonder about all the times when everyone says Kobe shoots to much, not getting his teammates involved. This also included myself. Now I wonder is it more Kobe being selfish and shooting to much, or Phil directing him to shoot more like last night for an example.

In regards to Kobe shooting to much, is it Kobe or Phil?

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:00 pm

MustangGator wrote:Bob,

I did not see or here anything about what you are asking in your post about Kobe's interview, allegedly (sp). I know you said it was a network channel. If it was a local interview in the LA Market, then that might be the reason I did not hear if it. I live down in San Diego and do not get allot of the LA Channels.

I would guess that if he actually said that it was the result of being asked a certain question by a reporter. Then he probably said something where he hinted that was the case, teammates being selfish. He has a way of saying things to get his point across without actually saying it, but everyone knows what he means.

Sometimes I think Kobe's teammates should be a little selfish. However, if you watched the Lakers / Spurs game last night Phil got onto Kobe early in that game for not being more aggressive in taking shots. At that moment, I couldn't help to wonder about all the times when everyone says Kobe shoots to much, not getting his teammates involved. This also included myself. Now I wonder is it more Kobe being selfish and shooting to much, or Phil directing him to shoot more like last night for an example.

In regards to Kobe shooting to much, is it Kobe or Phil?

MG

MG,

I said it was network TV because that's what I thought the guy said and because we're in Norcal and he wouldn't have access to local LA stations either.

As far as "is it Kobe or is it Phil", that's a good question. I had a running discussion with pumpsie about whether Rasheed is taking too many 3s because he doesn't want to play low or because that's what the plays being called are calling for. Hard to answer questions like that without someone speaking up. In Sheed's case, he actually said he'd rather play more down low but takes the 3 because that's what the play is designed for. That's a coaching issue and maybe a point guard issue, not Sheed's. His job is to execute them as they are drawn up and called.

We know that Phil has always been a coach that relies heavily upon his superstars to perform. Jordan, Pippen, even Rodman; so it wouldn't surprise me if he's telling Kobe to get the ball in his hands more and "do his thing".

Regarding the interview, I guess I'll never find out if it really happened like that or if this guy just thought he heard that. Personally, I think it's probably more in his head than reality. I'm not saying Kobe wouldn't think like that (Lord knows he thinks pretty highly of himself), but he's way too media-savvy and sure-footed to actually blurt that out on camera.

What I find interesting is that the kumbaya feeling on the Lakers seems to have faded a bit this year vs last year's championship year. Some of that might be because they won the championship, so the hunger has been a little satisfied. Some of that might be the growth and maturation of Gasol's game. He's more confident in his role and importance on the Lakers and is more willing to stand up and speak out when he feels he needs to. We've seen the same thing on the Celtics this year, with the talk of "players with other agendas". When your team is off their pace, and even the Lakers are off last year's pace, you get this type of rumbling and grumbling. The silver lining is that you only hear this rumbling and grumbling on the good teams. The mediocre and bad teams don't get this level of frustration because their expectations are lower to begin with.

thanks for helping,
bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:53 pm

bobheck

If the Lakes play d like they did in the second half agin the Spurs it's their
s to lose. But that d has been off and on.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Jeb- I agree. They looked like a championship team for the first time in a long time the other night. Artest was a one man wrecking crew, and the whole team played with big time intensity and passion.

Now to see if they can start doing it for 48 min. Now is the time. Looks like the Cs are starting to put it together as well.

Jeb- I just sent you a pm. I'm in Austin with a different kind of wrecking crew for a friend's 40th bday. Give me a shout if you're around and we'll have a drink.

Ps to Bobh- I didn't hear any kind of Kobe quote along the lines you descrbed, so I'm thinking your buddy mis-heard/imagined it, as it would have been all over the LA media if Kobe had dropped a bomb like that.

Ps#2- Bill Plashke is an idiot and a shrill shit-stirrer.

He's been against the Artest deal from the beginning, so no surprise to see him still trying to justify his stance. I love Trevor and wish he and Ron were both Lakers, but in the short run, if forced to choose between the two, give me Ron any time. In 5 years, I'd rather have Trevor, but Kobe's (and the Lakers) window is now, and Ron vs Melo, Pierce, and LBJ will be able to slow them down (especially in playoff basketball) in a way that Trevor can't, because they're so strong. Artest's biggest value will be in the playoffs- no doubt about it.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:21 am

Sky

I'm into it...getn together. I called and sent you my specs. Man what a weird season. Cavs, Hawks, Lakers, Bucks, Utah lose...it's anybodies title and up for the taking. Who wants it most? Who is going to be healthy and hungry. I admit I am majorly surprised by the celts resurgence. Sam called it.

On an aside I feel for George Karl and the Nuggs. He has always been a little crazy but seems to have a bedrock decency that I respond to. The Nuggs are wheeling around without a steering wheel right now.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2