Tentative Celtics summer league depth chart
PG: Rozier, Jackson
SG: Hunter, Young
SF: Brown, Nader
PF: Yabusele, Bentil
C: Mickey
7:38 AM - 29 Jun 2016 from Watertown, MA

bob
MY NOTE:  "C - Mickey"?  Ugh. I'd rather have Frenchie at small-ball 5.

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer League Schedule

Post by steve3344 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:58 am

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/yabusele-expects-be-celtics-summer-league-roster?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:42 pm

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pressrelease/celtics-announce-2016-summer-league-roster

Celtics Announce 2016 Summer League Roster

Posted: Jul 01, 2016

By Boston Celtics |  @Celtics
Celtics.com

July 1, 2016

BOSTON, MA – Celtics 2016 Draft Picks Jaylen Brown, Guerschon Yabusele, Ben Bentil, Demetrius Jackson and Abdel Nader will join current Celtics Terry Rozier, R.J. Hunter, Jordan Mickey and James Young as members of the Celtics entrant to the 2016 Utah Jazz and Las Vegas Summer Leagues.

They are joined on the roster by 2015 Celtics second round draft pick Marcus Thornton, free agents Malcolm Miller and Corey Walden, who both appeared on the 2015 Celtics Training Camp roster, JayVaughn Pinkston and Mouphtaou Yarou.

The Celtics’ first game in the Utah Summer League will be Monday, July 4 at 7:00 p.m. ET when they take on the Philadelphia 76ers. The Celtics’ three-game schedule in Utah continues with match-ups against the host Utah Jazz on July 5 at 7:00 p.m. ET and the San Antonio Spurs on July 7 at 7:00 p.m. ET. Beginning on July 4, all Celtics games for Utah Summer League will air on CSN New England.

The Celtics will then travel to Nevada for the Vegas Summer League and compete in three preliminary round games from July 9-12 before being seeded in a tournament that starts on July 13 and concludes with the Championship Game on July 18. Their first game is on Saturday, July 9 at 6:00 p.m. ET against the Chicago Bulls. They will continue their schedule with games against the Phoenix Suns on Sunday, July 10 (10:30 p.m. ET) and against the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday, July 12 (6:00 p.m. ET). The Celtics are guaranteed to play at least five games in the Vegas Summer League. Games between July 13-18 will be announced by the NBA at a later date. ESPN will present all 67 games from Las Vegas across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU and WatchESPN.

Celtics.com will be providing comprehensive coverage throughout Celtics Summer League, with exclusive video and written content from every game in Salt Lake City and Las Vegas.

bob
MY NOTE:

Ball Handlers - Rozier, Jackson, Walden
Wings - Hunter, Nader, Young, Thornton, Miller
Swings - Mickey, Bentil, Pinkston
Bigs - Yabusele, Yarou

Yarou - 6'10", 255#, 7'0 1/2" wingspan, plays in France
Pinkston - 6'7", 240# Maine Red Claw
Miller - 6'7", 210# Maine Red Claw

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach 1 minute ago
Somehow James Young, entering his 3rd pro season, is still the third youngest guy on the Celtics' summer league roster.

Reply Retweet Like

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Chris Forsberg
Chris Forsberg
@ESPNForsberg about 1 hour ago
Celtics rookie jersey numbers if they match summer shirts: Brown: 9 Yabusele: 30 Jackson: 26 Bentil: 50 Nader: 51

Reply Retweet Like

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:17 pm

why were they holding up a shirt with Brown's name on it with #1? I questioned this right when I saw it as this number is retired in honor of the Celtics first and most wonderful owner, Walter Brown.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Follow

Boston CelticsVerified account
‏@celtics
Jordan Mickey says he’s been focusing heavily on his 3-point shooting and ability to switch on defense and guard smaller guys.
RETWEETS

Jay KingVerified account
‏@ByJayKing
I imagine this is the first time R.J. Hunter has been compared to Brad Stevens but maybe not:

RETWEET
Jack Ramsey
9:38 AM - 2 Jul 2016

Marc D'Amico
@celtics about 16 minutes ago
Micah Shrewsberry says Jordan Mickey has been the first guy in the gym the last few days. Is on the court two hours before practice begins.

Reply Retweet Like

Marc D'Amico
Marc D'Amico
@celtics about 21 minutes ago
Rozier says playoff reps boosted his confidence: "Just to get my feet wet a little bit, play as a rookie... a lot of people can’t say that."

Reply Retweet Like

Marc D'Amico
@celtics about 24 minutes ago
Terry Rozier on his growth from year 1 to year 2: "I'm smarter. I'm just opening up my eyes, opening up my mind more."

Reply Retweet Like

Scott Souza
Scott Souza
@Scott_Souza about 48 minutes ago
#Celtics assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry said one thing that's surprised him about rookie Ben Bentil is how physical he can play.

Reply Retweet Like

Scott Souza
@Scott_Souza about 50 minutes ago
#Celtics assistant Micah Shrewsberry said coaches had discussions throughout last year about how they could get Jordan Mickey #NBA minutes.

Reply Retweet Like

bob
MY NOTE:  First summer league game is MONDAY.  WOOHOO!!!

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:18 pm

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/summer-070116-competition-rising-quickly-among-celtics-youth

Competition Rising Quickly Among Celtics' Youth

Posted: Jul 01, 2016

By Taylor C. Snow |  @taylorcsnow
Celtics.com

July 1, 2016

WALTHAM, Mass. – The Boston Celtics’ draft picks have been eager to get their feet wet with some NBA-level competition since Draft Night more than a week ago, and now their wish is finally coming true.

Boston’s Summer League team held its first practice session on Thursday, and then held a double-session on Friday in preparation for its Summer League slate that is set to begin on July 4 against Philadelphia in Salt Lake City.

It’s been an impressive first two days, according to assistant coach Micah Shrewsberry, as the roster is loaded with young, ambitious talent all over the court.

“It’s like any kind of typical first practice: They all want to please, so they’re playing really hard,” said Shrewsberry, who will act as the team’s head coach in Utah. “Those guys went at it tooth and nail and there’s a lot of guys that have somebody to compete with, so that’s made it even more fun.”

Among those who are raising the bar from a competitive standpoint is No. 3 overall draft pick Jaylen Brown, who has been itching to prove himself since being drafted last Thursday.

“I’m a competitive guy and this is a first class organization, so I just couldn’t wait to get started,” Brown said in between sessions Friday afternoon. “Now things are rolling; the rubber has hit the road, so now it’s about separating yourself, working hard and adding to this playoff team.”

Separating oneself is the biggest challenge for each these young players, especially for those who are fresh out of college. While they may have been stars at their respective universities, they’re now getting a small, but powerful taste of how difficult it is to make a mark at a professional level.

“There’s somebody that’s just like you right next to you, so there’s two of you at every practice,” said second-round pick Ben Bentil, who led Providence College and the Big East in scoring last season. “You just gotta pick up the pace and bring it every day.”

While the roster is loaded with five rookie draft picks, it’s also laden with experienced guys who are familiar with Boston’s system. Exactly half of Boston’s 14-man roster are returnees from last year’s Summer League team, including second-year players Terry Rozier, R.J. Hunter and Jordan Mickey, along with third-year guard James Young.

That experience is making an immense impact on Boston’s youth early on; for example, Rozier’s tenacity already appears to be bringing out the best in rookie point guard Demetrius Jackson.

“The best thing for Demetrius is to learn from Terry,” noted Shrewsberry. “Terry’s going to guard people, he’s going to get after people, he’s going to put pressure on them.

“Even a guy who will pop in like Marcus Smart, who comes in and practices every once in a while with his physicality against those young guys. They’re not going to see that type of defense until the season starts. So being able to learn now for Demetrius is great, and then he goes right back at Terry. So the both of them being able to have one another is just going to raise each others’ level.”

A Young Leader Emerging for SL Squad

Another guy who’s attempting to raise his level of play this summer is James Young, who is back for his third Summer League session.

It’s unusual to have a third-year player on a Summer League squad, but the 20-year-old guard is looking to use the upcoming slate of contests as a means to elevate his game with the hope of earning a more consistent role with the C's next season.

“I’ve just been working on my overall game and everything is starting to come together,” said Young. “I’m a young guy so I can only get better.”

Not only does Young plan to utilize the Summer League as a learning platform, but he’s also using it as a way to teach others, given that he has the most NBA experience of any player on the squad.

“It’s an opportunity for him to use his voice more – something that he doesn’t do during the season when a lot of the older guys are doing a lot more talking,” said Shrewsberry. “He can do that now; he can lead and kind of come out of his shell a little bit.”

Young admitted that taking a leadership role is “kind of weird” considering that he’s the third-youngest player on the team, but he’s embracing it so far.

“I’m still one of the youngest guys, yet some of the guys look up to me,” said Young. “So I’m just giving them some of the facts – stuff that I’ve learned. , ‘Every day just come in and work hard. Don’t take any days off, and good stuff will come.’”

As long as the team takes that advice to heart, the Celtics should be in store for some Summer League success during the coming weeks.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:52 pm

I moved this thread here and made it a sticky.

Please post on this thread as a check to see it this new forum is ready for tomorrow.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi,
Just posting per Gyso request.
Can't wait to see the new (Green) blood tomorrow.

AK
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:14 pm

Just when most NBA fans are starting to think baseball, we get Summer League and the new kidz on the parquet
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:29 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Just posting per Gyso request.
Can't wait to see the new (Green) blood tomorrow.

AK

Thanks Sinus. I love it when a plan comes together!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top