One GIANT Okafor thought

2 posters

Go down

One GIANT Okafor thought Empty One GIANT Okafor thought

Post by wideclyde Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:11 pm

With Okafor's knee operation near the end of last season there is no way the Cs can trade for this guy until he proves that
his knee is sound again. Nor sure that any player on the Cs roster should head for Philly in an Okafor deal with his knee still in
question.

Ah OK, In giving my first thought a little re-read, I guess that I would still trade Mr. James Young for Okafor even if Okafor
is still limping around since Young is the absolute last guy I want to see on the Celtics 2017 roster.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

One GIANT Okafor thought Empty Re: One GIANT Okafor thought

Post by swish Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:44 pm

wideclyde wrote:With Okafor's knee operation near the end of last season there is no way the Cs can trade for this guy until he proves that
his knee is sound again.  Nor sure that any player on the Cs roster should head for Philly in an Okafor deal with his knee still in
question.

Ah OK, In giving my first thought a little re-read, I guess that I would still trade Mr. James Young for Okafor even if Okafor
is still limping around since Young is the absolute last guy I want to see on the Celtics 2017 roster.

Isn't it a standard practice to have all deals subject to a player passing a physical?

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:19 am

Swish,

I would guess that you might be able to pass a physical and still not be able to play 30 minutes in an NBA game, but I am sure that Ainge is not going to trade for a guy who is not able to play.

Mostly my post was directly related to finding a way to eliminate James Young from the Cs roster. I have mentioned in another thread that I would trade him for a used bag of practice balls, but would rather get a player back if possible over the bag of used balls.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down