Phil Jackson says losing out on Jae Crowder is his biggest mistake with the Knicks

3 posters

Go down

Phil Jackson says losing out on Jae Crowder is his biggest mistake with the Knicks Empty Phil Jackson says losing out on Jae Crowder is his biggest mistake with the Knicks

Post by steve3344 Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:02 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/phil-jackson-names-his-biggest-mistake-so-far-as-knicks-president-034122603.html

I disagree with Phil. His biggest mistake was taking the job.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Phil Jackson says losing out on Jae Crowder is his biggest mistake with the Knicks Empty Re: Phil Jackson says losing out on Jae Crowder is his biggest mistake with the Knicks

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:23 pm

That's the difference between Phil and Danny. Danny always gets an asset (e.g. player, pick, cap space next year) that he can "roll forward" if they don't work out. That's why you have to be very patient with Danny's deals. The end result is not always in that first deal. An example? Isaiah Thomas for Marcus Thornton and a 1st round pick from Cleveland from the deal that got us Zeller (and I think Thornton too) that helped Cleveland sign Lebron.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Phil Jackson says losing out on Jae Crowder is his biggest mistake with the Knicks Empty Re: Phil Jackson says losing out on Jae Crowder is his biggest mistake with the Knicks

Post by gyso Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Another difference between Phil and Danny:

Phil actually forgot the details of the trade, his very first trade as the Knick GM.  He actually though that he had a conversation with Boston?  The Celtics had nothing to do with it.  I do not believe Danny would forget any part of any trade he made, especially his first one.

Eric Freeman (the article's author) makes multiple excuses for Phil's confusion.   Rolling Eyes  Eric did write, ". . . there’s no guarantee that Crowder would have blossomed in the same way at Madison Square Garden" and I agree.  Much of that credit goes to Coach Brad Stevens, who usually can put his players in a situation where they succeed.  Derek Fisher?  I doubt it.

Crowder should thank his lucky stars that he did not become a Knick.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down