Yabusele Vs Rockets

+2
mulcogiseng
arambone
6 posters

Go down

Yabusele Vs Rockets Empty Yabusele Vs Rockets

Post by arambone Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:42 pm

I watched the game, and it was a stinker. Whole Chinese team looked nervous and turned the ball over like crazy. I've never known of a Chinese Jason Kidd/Magic Johnson, and Yabusele doesn't have a single good passer on the roster. Fredette was padding stats and looking for his shot every time.

But I gotta say, I think Yabusele might be a fringe rotation guy at best. He'll tease us like Jordan Mickey did, and like Mickey, he'll ultimately be ruled too short and ineffectual on defense and the boards.

He shoots decent for a big, but he's not big, and he doesn't shoot well for a 6'6" guy. Nor does he pass and dribble well for a 6'6 guy.

That pick is looking more and more like a waste, a too-cute cap space/roster strategy that backfires on Danny.
A pick that high could have been worth a Mason Plumlee level player. Plumlee was traded for the 22nd pick last year.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Yabusele Vs Rockets Empty Re: Yabusele Vs Rockets

Post by arambone Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:09 am

Guerschon Yabusele 24 Pts Highlights Sharks vs Rockets Oct 2

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:34 pm

Time will tell if he is more than a borderline rotation player. The real question is, is he better than Zeller and Mickey? They aren't borderline rotation players, they are end of the bench players. I think Guerschon and Ante are both more valuable to the C's future but we have to wait till next year to find out. Thanx so much for keeping us updated!
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Glad you like the updates, mulcogiseng.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Jay King
Jay King
@ByJayKing about 4 hours ago
Stevens said he'll "pay a lot of attention" to Yabusele and Zizic this season even though they're not in Boston.

Reply Retweet Like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:22 pm

arambone wrote:I watched the game, and it was a stinker. Whole Chinese team looked nervous and turned the ball over like crazy. I've never known of a Chinese Jason Kidd/Magic Johnson, and Yabusele doesn't have a single good passer on the roster. Fredette was padding stats and looking for his shot every time.

But I gotta say, I think Yabusele might be a fringe rotation guy at best. He'll tease us like Jordan Mickey did, and like Mickey, he'll ultimately be ruled too short and ineffectual on defense and the boards.

He shoots decent for a big, but he's not big, and he doesn't shoot well for a 6'6" guy. Nor does he pass and dribble well for a 6'6 guy.

That pick is looking more and more like a waste, a too-cute cap space/roster strategy that backfires on Danny.
A pick that high could have been worth a Mason Plumlee level player. Plumlee was traded for the 22nd pick last year.

rambone,

Wish I could say I think you're wrong on your opinion above.

Unfortunately, I think you'll be proven right.

My own personal opinion from the past draft is that I'm happy with Brown and Jackson and OK with what I consider a bit of a gamble on Zizic.  I can name  at least 14 players I would have selected ahead of Yabusele.  I still get aggravated by that pick, even a few months later.  Water over the dam at this point, anyway.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:18 pm

I can't believe we passed on Deytona Davis, almost anyone with a pulse is better than Zeller.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Bone

I am shocked.

I expected you to say that Yabu should be in the starting rotation

A couple of things.. he is 6' 8" according to everything I have read. He scored 24 points (quiet points) and grabbed 12 rebounds including 5 off the offensive glass. He missed all 5 3 pointers but still shot 9/18 or 50%. His wing span is 7'1" I would not have drafted him at 16.

He does however have upside and may find his way to Boston next season. An injury to one of our front line player could open the door sooner.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down