Annual GM Poll Empty Annual GM Poll

Post by steve3344 Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:59 pm

http://www.nba.com/gmsurvey/2016

Always a fun read.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Annual GM Poll Empty Re: Annual GM Poll

Post by swish Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:54 pm

I have to save this - Its always nice to have the professional slant on player evaluation. Biggest surprise for me - Curry's high rating in the "fastest with the ball" category.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:09 pm

The GM'S were very generous in respect to LeBron's impact on the game.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:28 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-jeff-hornacek-no-love-nba-gms-article-1.2835187

NY Daily News writer whines about Knicks' poor showing in GM poll: "zero GMs picked the Knicks to finish in the top 4 of the Eastern Conference."

Why would they? Knicks won 32 games last year and in the off-season acquired few injury prone players (Noah, Rose) whose better days are behind them. And also gave up an underappreciated center in the process in Robin Lopez.

The writer adds, "Nine (Eastern) teams all received votes ahead of the Knicks, with the Cavaliers as the overwhelming top vote-getter for the top spot in the conference (96.7%)," so GMs' overall opinion is that NY doesn't even make the playoffs, let alone finish in the top 4.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:37 pm

HUGE props to Brad in the coaching questions.  In the top 3 or "Honorable Mention" every time.  When you consider Pop is a lock for one of the top 3, and Brad only has 3 years NBA experience, that's pretty damn impressive.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:27 pm

I think I'd start a team with Porzingis rather than Towns or Anthony Davis or Durant.

He didn't get any votes for top defenders either.

Porzingis looks freaking amazing this preseason

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:40 pm

arambone wrote:I think I'd start a team with Porzingis rather than Towns or Anthony Davis or Durant.

In general, I think you are a great talent evaluater, but I have to go with Davis over Porzingas , and by a wide margin. Interested in other people`s opinions.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:26 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
arambone wrote:I think I'd start a team with Porzingis rather than Towns or Anthony Davis or Durant.

In general, I think you are a great talent evaluater, but I have to go with Davis over Porzingas , and by a wide margin. Interested in other people`s opinions.

In my order of preference.

1. Durant
2. Towns
3. Curry

Durant without any hesitation.  Somebody has to put the ball in the basket.  Still young enough at 28 to go strong for another 4 or 5 seasons.  No injuries that appear chronic at this time. Mature enough and capable enough to push a young new team through growing pains and constant roster changes.

Towns after him. 20-year old centers who have already shown they are growing the ability to dominate on both ends make great building blocks.

Curry next.  Also 28, but in great physical shape.  Point guards who can shoot, score, and are adept at setting teammates up are a great way to build a team.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:14 am

James Young. He's truly young and is 100% untapped potential. Once he learns to keep his head in the game, play defense, rebound, pass, and drive to the basket he'll be the next MJ.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:48 pm

worcester wrote:James Young. He's truly young and is 100% untapped potential. Once he learns to keep his head in the game, play defense, rebound, pass, and drive to the basket he'll be the next MJ.

W-

Oh yeah, there you go! Why didn't I think of him?

I can confidently say your read on him is right on target.

Regards

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:00 pm

We're just lucky the Lakers didn't draft him first.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:

Porzingis' standing reach is about 5" higher than Davis'. And Porzingis is a much more competent 3 point shooter. His game is still developing, and next season he'll have a pretty full array of scoring moves and dribble drives.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down