Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Away

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:30 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2016/10/comments-from-other-side-103016.html?m=1

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many Celtics fans here tonight

Coach cliff needs to use all 3 point guards against Thomas tonight. Make him work for everything and kemba can be well rested for the 4th quarter to finish the game out.

I think tonight will be a tougher test, especially with a guy down low like Al Horford. Zeller looked much better on defense last night than the first game, but we don't have much of a defense down low right now with Hibbert out. We may see some of our smaller guys guarding him.

Sessions has been really bad thru 2 games. We could really use a good game from him tonight. Celtics so good on perimeter defensively. Kemba will need help, and a breather.

3 games in 4 days for both teams? Brutal. That's the kind of matchup where injuries happen. I'm thinking that Boston has the advantage here though. They had last night off.

Should be a good one tonight, always seems to be when these two go at it. At some point we need a Celts-Hornets playoff series.

Jeez all these 3s 6 of 8 Boston shots have been 3s, and they've made 5 of them

They can't stay this hot from 3 all night - can they?

Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, and Amir Johnson. Yeah, if they are wide open, they can.

Not the kind of start you want on opening night. Celtics are making threes like free throws.

Might need to switch Marvin for Frank. Especially since Horford has already one foul.

random observation - Isaiah yelled "short!" before both of Cody's first two FT misses.

Except the second one was long..

I know. That points even more to the possibility that IT got to him.

Hawes is awful 90% of the tjme

What have I missed

Well the Hornets have missed everything

Nasty slob play from Stevens at the 2:40 mark in the first.

Gonna be awesome when we come back and win this

Brad Stevens always looks so calm, like he is on Valium or something.

Guys, give credits to the Celtics too. They are a top team defensively too. But the Hornets are fine. Way better than yesterday.

The Celtics are 4/10 inside the key right now, and only had 2 free throws. Their offense only survive from their early efficiency behind the arc.

And Kemba back to thinking he should get a whistle every drive.

Bradley and Johnson already with 2 fouls. Would be cool not to set up for jumpers and play them...

Cody can become a boxer when this basketball gig is over, he has a heck of a chin

I think flagrant 1 was the right call Judging by Johnson’s reaction after he did it, I don’t think he meant to hit Cody in the face.

Someone explain a what a flagrant 2 has to be purposely drilling someone in the face with your elbow. Isnt

That was clumpsy but it was not a blow Imo, just trying to set up. He is not a bad guy.

3rd on Bradley. Smart move from MKG, really nice to target those guys.

The good news is we played a pretty lousy half of basketball and still are right there.

New plan = don't let Bradley shoot threes

Avery Bradley is killing us with 3's. Only down 3 while shooting 30% from the field. If we can get shots to start fall we should be in good shape

Boston isn't looking like the giant I thought they would be with Horford this season. Cavs will likely walk to the finals once again.

If we were playing a good team having a decent game, we'd be down 15+. Happy with the score

Tough to argue we aren't playing a good team. Time will tell as to whether this sort of defensive efficiency is an aberration.

Starting to wonder if the threat of Horford is greater than the reality. He's only got 9 points but it feels like we've completely reoriented our defense around stopping him

Eastern conf semi finals preview here.

Amir Johnson=dirty player     nice shove

Haha Kemba definitely sold that

This screen is insane guys and on it you can see every one of these ridiculous no calls

Sure can Except all the Boston fans. They all need glasses.

Charlotte is paying Batum 200,000 per bricked three this season

Freakin Bradley!

Why would you leave Bradley

Our defensive strategy on Bradley, whatever it is, ain't working. We might want to think about not leaving him open any more

We can't hit anything and Bradley is out of his kind.

Hey so...can we guard Bradley?

Boston is going to be a really good team this year. Cleveland better keep an eye on them.

That may be the dagger. Not only did we leave people wide open for threes we left their best shooters open. Hopefully we don't apply this strategy to the warriors we may lose 160

Battum passes up a wide open layup. He needs drug tested

This three point discrepancy has been extremely frustrating to watch

Why do step out so wide on Thomas. Let him keep going right he's left handed good grief

That IT to Horford pass was sick.

We needed / need this game because for once the crowd seems really behind us

Spurs are the obviously threat to the GS-Cle rubber match but Boston is the sleeper for sure

When did Avery Bradley become Reggie Miller?

They may want to put in their scouting report that Thomas is left handed and does not drive when going right he always pulls up and takes jumpers in gonna see Thomas driving left in my sleep

C's not going to have a player shoot 8/11 next time we play them. Unfortunately AB caught fire.

Avery Bradley deserves this win. Wow.

Good God, just guard Avery Bradley.

8 million a year for 3 and d and good rebounding. Boston has a deal with Bradley.

We looked like we were coming off back to backs and Boston was fresh

Avery Bradley was great tonight. Gg Celtics

Congrats to Boston though.

They're so deep, I hate trying to out-smallball them. If we weren't reduced to Cody "punching bag" Zeller and Spencer "Dr J-kyl. And Mr Hawes" for post scorers we might have been able to counter better.

Well, all is not despair. We've got pizza discount for tomorrow's football action

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down