One More Piece

Go down

One More Piece Empty One More Piece

Post by dboss on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:35 pm

The Rebounder.

A stud.  A beast..  A guy that uses his legs, hips, elbows and shoulders to get every rebound. I am wanting a maniac, a guy that will claw and scratch for every rebound.  A guy that can bebound out of space.  A guy that gets the ball out in a second.  

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

One More Piece Empty Re: One More Piece

Post by bobc33 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Does Dennis Rodman have any sons?
bobc33
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:12 pm

My wish is for a player, under the age of 30, that has been an All Star in 80% of his last 5 years or an all league player in 66% of his last 3 years. Any position will do.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Rodman was a tremendous rebonder.

So yes.. If he has sons that are ferocious rebounders, call Danny now.

Comic relief aside we need to find that piece.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:19 pm

So Swish you disagree that a rebounder is the biggest need?

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:45 pm

dboss wrote:So Swish  you disagree that a rebounder is the biggest need?

dboss

Dboss

Not necessarily. If your player also met my requirements I would be extremely happily. Otherwise I'll go with my wish plus an upgrade in the rebounding if possible.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:34 pm

Swish, other than rebounding what else do you think we will need. Another scorer perhaps?

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:41 pm

dboss

Could be a scorer - could be a rebounder - just as long as he's a habitual and current all star. An elite among the best.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Cousins is all of the things you all have mentioned as a young, star player who could be the missing piece.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:18 pm

If I can get in on the wish list...

Put me down for a big, nasty, rebounding, defense oriented, space clearing C/PF and a high percentage outside shooter.  I'm not particular; get 'em by draft, trade or free agency.

OK; After a quick count I think we need two more pieces.  Didn't want anyone to think I can't count!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:30 pm

wideclyde wrote:Cousins is all of the things you all have mentioned as a young, star player who could be the missing piece.

By my statistical reckoning - he could be the missing pierce - but there's his neck-up issues that only those close to the scene can fully evaluate. If they put him on the block we will see what his true overall value is considered to be. I hope that he is a good fit for the Celtic's.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:48 pm

NYCelt

Add an elite player and they move out of the also ran group - right up with the serious contender few - add 1 elite plus another all star player ( I think that they have the chips to pull that off) and I'll be putting the cash aside for the NBA finals. Shades of 07-08. Not likely this year, but a distinct possibility next year. All preceeding coments are of course only opinions.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:29 am

swish wrote:NYCelt

Add an elite player and they move out of the also ran group - right up with the serious contender few - add 1 elite plus another all star player ( I think that they have the chips to pull that off) and I'll be putting the cash aside for the NBA finals. Shades of 07-08. Not likely this year, but a distinct possibility next year. All preceeding coments are of course only opinions.

swish

Swish,

So how much cash are you putting aside for the finals?

No need to explain comments being only opinions, but I think your opinions are as well thought out and knowledgeable as anyone here. So maybe I'll put a little cash aside too!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Look, the team can play great defense to stay in or get back into games, however the intense energy it takes to play lockdown defense will take a toll over a very long season and will lead to a quick exit in April as the team is weak in rebounding and a go to scorer.

Danny needs to weed out a few players, and get a rebounder and scorer to complete the team period. We are too small and need additional height.

The team as currently constructed is incomplete to make any long term success in the playoffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:54 pm

After watching the last few games maybe we need some defenders.

Going into the season that was the one area that I thought that we had an advantage.

Of course with Crowder and Horford not playing it makes it look worse than it is. Horrible perimeter defense and horrible pick and roll defense. Not rebounding the ball also hurts and in general you have new rotations so the team lacks any chemistry.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:36 pm

What concerns me most now is Avery's shoulder issue. With him down we are REALLY in need of a shooter and a perimeter defender.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Wor

I never considered AB a shooter but a lockdown guy on defense with his scoring icing on the cake. So we need a shooter and Green is not the long term answer.

The Celtic cake is half baked and needs additional ingredients which should have been addressed during the summer during free agency.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Avery may not be THE shooter we need, but he is the best shooter we've got. We did address one need in FA this summer, but we still have two big holes to fill.

He's a lifetime .363 shooter from 3 point land, probably the best we can field right now on the team.

worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:34 pm

swish wrote:
wideclyde wrote:Cousins is all of the things you all have mentioned as a young, star player who could be the missing piece.

By my statistical reckoning - he could be the missing pierce - but there's his neck-up issues that only those close to the scene can fully evaluate. If they put him on the block we will see what his true overall value is considered to be. I hope that he is a good fit for the Celtic's.

swish  

They kind of have to put him on the block eventually. Next year is his last year before unrestricted free-agency. If the Kings wait until next year, no way will they get what they think he is worth. Hence, he might be traded by this year's deadline. What we should give up is another post altogether, but his behavioral issues definitely lower his value.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:06 am

is Bradley out too?

I think we are way too early to be talking about trades right now. I mean we just signed a big man to a max deal and he's only played a few games so far.

we have 10 players under contract next year and will have around $30M in cap space.

I'll note Danny has Yabusele and Zizic he can bring over on rookie deals AND Kelly will be a RFA who we can control

so the Nets pick and one top tier FA next season, may get whatever upgrades we need in the future.

I want to give this team we have right now a season to see what we have.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down