Pay either Thomas or Bradley heading in to the 2019 season?

4 posters

Go down

Pay either Thomas or Bradley heading in to the 2019 season? Empty Pay either Thomas or Bradley heading in to the 2019 season?

Post by wideclyde Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:39 am

I was thinking about how the Cs are going to handle their salary cap in the near future.

Crowder is signed for 4 more years, Horford for three more, etc, but (unless one gets traded) both Thomas and Bradley will be free agents
following the 2018 season. I am guessing that Thomas will have earned a max contract (or very close to it) by that time and Bradley will be a near max guy as well.

It does not figure that the Cs will be able to pay near two max salaries for two smaller type backcourt players heading into the 2019 season.

With these thoughts I can imagine Ainge trading probably Bradley this season at the trade deadline trying to bring in the "star" player that he wants.

Your thoughts.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Pay either Thomas or Bradley heading in to the 2019 season? Empty Re: Pay either Thomas or Bradley heading in to the 2019 season?

Post by kdp59 Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:55 am

we can go over the cap for our own FA's

this is why Danny has al those draft picks., CHEAP help!!

Cool
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Pay either Thomas or Bradley heading in to the 2019 season? Empty Re: Pay either Thomas or Bradley heading in to the 2019 season?

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:55 pm

I tend to think one will be traded. Like Wideclyde, I just don't see Danny investing that much money in an undersized backcourt, even if we can over the cap to do so. Not sure he's right - those decisions are beyond my pay grade. Given the incredible production both have had recently, their current contracts are absolute steals, and must be coveted by other GMS. Thus, if Danny trades for a star this year, it would not surprise me if one of those two were included. Next year their contracts are expiring, and won't be worth so much.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:43 pm

A lot of draft picks sounds good -  but their value diminishes greatly the further they are from being in the top half of the 1st round.

swish

Last edited by swish on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : number correction)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down