Post Game Thread - vs Cleveland Cavaliers, Away

4 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Cleveland Cavaliers, Away Empty Post Game Thread - vs Cleveland Cavaliers, Away

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:57 am

We might have had a better chance of winning this game if we hadn't let ourselves get down by 18 points after 3.  We gave up 101 points in just 3 quarters.  What kind of a defense gives up 3 straight 30+ point quarters?  It also would have helped if we had recognized Kevin Love as the hot hand in the first quarter.  That phantom kick ball call couldn't have come at a worst time too.  It gave them clock when clock was precious and it gave them possession when they should have lost it.  The ball went straight out of bounds from LBJ.  The only person who could have kicked it directly forward is LBJ.  As replays show, there weren't any legs anywhere near the ball.  Of course, at that point, I was about 4 sakes into my meal, so it could been a soccer match out there for all I know.  What did all of you see?

IT and Bradley and Crowder with good games, Amir and Al not so much although Al's block of LBJ at the other end of the court from his block of AB was highlight film.  For the bench, Jerebko was awesome with his energy, shooting and rebounding, Gerald Green played well too and so did Brown.  Underwhelmed with the rest, and yes, that includes Smart.

Do we need another superstar?  Yes, because this game said to me that Al is not one.  Superstars rise to big games like this, and he was going against Tristan Thompson who isn't really a center at all but a converted PF with no offensive range, so it wasn't necessary for Al to leave the paint.  He had 3 blocks but otherwise had a very weak game.  Did you notice how many times he raised his hand and patted himself on the chest?  That's how many times he admitted he blew an assignment or an easy shot.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899930

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Cleveland Cavaliers, Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Cleveland Cavaliers, Away

Post by sinus007 Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:39 am

Hi,
Yes, Celtics do need a star player. If nothing else but to get preferential treatment by the refs.
Last night's game was sickening. Starting with the 3 stooges aka announcers. At times I thought they were going to stand and sing "Hail Lebron and his team" And this is on national TV (TNT), mind you. Refs also were at the apex of their unprofessional performance: LJ's block on AB (they shouldn't have replayed it - clearly showed that LJ hit AB's hand first), the phantom kick-ball, absolutely unnecessary replay that gave Cavs extra TO, etc).
Unfortunately, at the end it came down to a missed 3pt by completely open JC. Oh well...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Cleveland Cavaliers, Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Cleveland Cavaliers, Away

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:14 pm

I thought they completely outclassed us for most of the game.

they ARE the big dogs of the east still.

but......I very much enjoyed how we started playing UP to their level once they started dis respecting us on the floor.

from LeBron making faces and laughing at our attempts at defense on him, to his waving his arm at Smart.

That was when this team got some fire, IMO.

they need to keep that intensity for each game from now on, but particularly with the elite teams.

we may not be ready to beat them in a playoff series yet, but we damn sure can make them HATE to play us.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:18 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Yes, Celtics do need a star player. If nothing else but to get preferential treatment by the refs.
Last night's game was sickening. Starting with the 3 stooges aka announcers. At times I thought they were going to stand and sing "Hail Lebron and his team" And this is on national TV (TNT), mind you. Refs also were at the apex of their unprofessional performance: LJ's block on AB (they shouldn't have replayed it - clearly showed that LJ hit AB's hand first), the phantom kick-ball, absolutely unnecessary replay that gave Cavs extra TO, etc).
Unfortunately, at the end it came down to a missed 3pt by completely open JC. Oh well...

AK

announcers esp Marv A were absolutely terrible he had no clue what happened on many calls of course neither did the refs.
near the end during one of the cavs possessions Bradley got floored on a moving screen........if it was hockey the cavs player would have been called for a 2 minute minor but there was NO CALL.

Gave up too many looks to Love early....i realize it's like the little dutch boy without enough fingers but really after he hit a couple we needed someone to stay on him even if it meant someone else getting in for a layup.\

loved Brons brick freebe near the end too. And smart not backing down one inch, If only Smart was 6-9 and 280......seeing him and the queen facing off eyeball to eyeball would be interesting.

Regardless we had a chance at the end which is more than I ever thought we were going to have 10 minutes earlier.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:41 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,

AK

sinus,

The hand is part of the ball...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Gary Washburn
Gary Washburn
@GwashburnGlobe yesterday
Bradley and Thomas said #Celtics didn't carry out defensive game plan discussed at shootaround. "We didn't trust the scout," Thomas said.

Reply Retweet Like

bob
MY NOTE: Mistake.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down