dboss
k_j_88
tjmakz
bobheckler
sinus007
RosalieTCeltics
12 posters

Go down

LeBron rips teammates , we need a f....ing playmaker Empty LeBron rips teammates , we need a f....ing playmaker

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:05 pm

So, the big boy is getting testy after losing 5 out of 7 games. Lost by two to New Orleans without Anthony Davis???

Cracks in the armour? Dubs just waiting for a return trip to finals. But...maybe it won't be Cleveland they play????????

This would a monumental failure. I have always said, there is only one basketball, sorry for your displeasure LBJ. I am sure in th end you will be there, but winning it all is not a guarantee
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

LeBron rips teammates , we need a f....ing playmaker Empty Re: LeBron rips teammates , we need a f....ing playmaker

Post by sinus007 Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi,
I have an idea: let Lebron to convince Griffin to trade for Rondo. Can you imagine RR vs LJ being on the same team...
On a serious note: don't worry - Cavs will clean their act and go to the Finals.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

LeBron rips teammates , we need a f....ing playmaker Empty Re: LeBron rips teammates , we need a f....ing playmaker

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:31 pm

What I think is funny about this is that the ball is usually in LeBron's hands.  Doesn't that sorta make him the playmaker he is calling for?

Not very complimentary to Kyrie neither.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:21 pm

He is such a control freak. It is an insult to his coach, his owner, and all of the guys he plays with. Interesting how someone like him handles adversity.

If only someone in the East could really get their act together, they could make them a little nervous. Of course, this is where he will take over and just not share with anyone.

It will still be Cleveland in the playoffs, but I love watching him sweat a little. HAHA
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:55 pm

I think Lebron wants a playmaker to come off of the bench.
When they traded for Korver, Lebron said they still need a point guard to come off of the bench.

I think he should put pressure on the Cavs to add another playmaker.
Kyrie, LeBron and Love were great last night.
They had little help from their bench.

I also think Lebron is indirectly putting pressure on the reserves to perform better.
The Cavs are in a win NOW mode.
I am sure they are looking for one more key player to bolster the bench.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:39 pm

As much talent as the Cavs have, you're going to lose games. If you're the champs, you get the best shot from everyone, every single night.

Side note, I'm loving it.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:54 pm

never spend other people's money.  Even though the Cavs are shelling out over $50 million in luxury taxes, King James demands more

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18557434/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-owner-dan-gilbert-odds-payroll-spending

James is setting the stage for a 2nd departure from the Cavs.  This time he'll blame the owner for not wanting to spend more money.  Sad state of affairs.  How bout win with what you have?  

I think he crossed the line on this one.  He is not the damn owner and has no right to criticize spending given how much has already been  spent over the tax threshold.  Gilbert is NOT a cheap owner.

James is setting his team up to lose.  Not leadership.  Not cool.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:55 pm

tjmakz wrote:I think Lebron wants a playmaker to come off of the bench.
When they traded for Korver, Lebron said they still need a point guard to come off of the bench.

I think he should put pressure on the Cavs to add another playmaker.
Kyrie, LeBron and Love were great last night.
They had little help from their bench.

I also think Lebron is indirectly putting pressure on the reserves to perform better.
The Cavs are in a win NOW mode.
I am sure they are looking for one more key player to bolster the bench.

Good analysis. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Never quite understood all the animosity towards LeBron. Other than the "taking my talents to South Beach" debacle, which I think he truly learned from, he has handled himself with class for the most part.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Good team leaders never rip their teammates in public.

Talk to ownership if you like about possible trades, but the teammates you rip now may not want to play for you when the real chips are on the table.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 pm

I thing Rondo will end up there. Somehow he lands on his feet even though he has such a lousy time getting along with his coaches.

Stevens must have breathed a big sigh of relief when he was traded. He said all the right things, but I am sure he was doing things his way no matter what.

As far as LeBron is concerned, when he finally relinquished the ball to Kyrie last year, that is when they started to win. It has to hard for all these super players to share the ball and the limelight. This is not just LB, but many others. KD and Curry are finally on the same page, but Thompson has to be the odd man out a lot of the time.

He is great, no doubt about that, but it has to be tough at times being chastised by him. Lucky Ty Lue
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:49 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I thing Rondo will end up there. Somehow he lands on his feet even though he has such a lousy time getting along with his coaches.

Stevens must have breathed a big sigh of relief when he was traded. He said all the right things, but I am sure he was doing things his way no matter what.

As far as LeBron is concerned, when he finally relinquished the ball to Kyrie last year, that is when they started to win. It has to hard for all these super players to share the ball and the limelight. This is not just LB, but many others.  KD and Curry are finally on the same page, but Thompson has to be the odd man out a lot of the time.

He is great, no doubt about that, but it has to be tough at times being chastised by him. Lucky Ty Lue

Rosalie,

A friend told me tonight that Cleveland is interested in Rondo.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 pm

So if Chicago wants to get rid of him, where does he go?

Actually Cleveland is smart, from the way Rondo handles the ball, how many times were we screaming when he would hold the ball until the clock was winding down and then get rid of it for a bad shot.

How the mighty have fallen, huh? So much for his demand for a max contract from Boston, he talked his way right out of here.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:50 am

I don`t often agree with TJ, because I have my green goggles on and his are purple and gold, but I too think the Lebron criticism is over the top. He gets his team to the finals every year. As far as critcizing his teammates Bird called his a bunch of sissies on one occassion and specifically criticized McHale`s effort to the press. I don`t remember James criticizing teammates by name.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:38 am

jrleftfoot wrote:I don`t often agree with TJ, because I have my green goggles on and his are purple and gold, but I too think the Lebron criticism is over the top. He gets his team to the finals every year. As far as critcizing his teammates Bird called his a bunch of sissies on one occassion and specifically criticized McHale`s effort to the press. I don`t remember James criticizing teammates by name.

Good point.

Add me to the list of those that consider the criticism of James unfounded. Never could understand it, except that I think it comes from envy.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:47 pm

not me, i do not dispute LeBron's ability, talents, etc. I do dispute his actions at times. Now we see that he is at odds with the ownership about building a winner. His desire to win goes with out saying. No doubt there. But since he started back in Cleveland, there is one story after another. First Love, then the coach, then Kyrie. Lucky for him these guys stood their ground and won that title last year. When Lue took over as coach, he had to put LeBron in his place a couple of times.

Listen, he is a great player, but, until he buys this team, have your discussions in private. These are grown men, talented grown men, how long before these tirades affect the players and instead of a team game they start playing for themselves only? All I say is respect is what will keep this team together.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Lebron has been the best player in the league for the last 10 years.
His desire to win is similar to Kobe and KG.
Kobe and KG also would not hold back from criticism if it is warranted.
I don't see the downside in Lebron saying that they need to acquire more help.
It will probably be motivating to the players who could lose minutes to a new player.
Does Dan Gilbert really want to have a public fight with Lebron over money?
Gilbert is a multi-billionaire....
I expect the Cavs to tweak the roster one more time to add a veteran who will help them.
They are limited with who they can trade without hurting their existing roster.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:25 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:not me, i do not dispute LeBron's ability, talents, etc.  I do dispute his actions at times.  Now we see that he is at odds with the ownership about building a winner.  His desire to win goes with out saying. No doubt there.  But since he started back in Cleveland, there is one story after another. First Love, then the coach, then Kyrie. Lucky for him these guys stood their ground and won that title last year. When Lue took over as coach, he had to put LeBron in his place a couple of times.

Listen,  he is a great player, but, until he buys this team, have your discussions in private. These are grown men, talented grown men, how long before these tirades affect the players and instead of a team game they start playing for themselves only?  All I say is respect is what will keep this team together.

The other thing they have that they never had without without Lebron is championship bona fides. I`ll take the stories , along with the championships, every time.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:28 pm

LeBron was touted as the golden child and the future of the league. His sense of entitlement was immense and it took taking his skills to South Beach before he really began to earn those kinds of accolades. Those things turned a lot of people off including me. Once he had talent around him he still couldn't pull of a championship for awhile. Other teams not kowtowing to him really seemed to piss him off which only fueled the animosity even more. Sure, I/we sometimes went a little overboard but he seemed to really deserve the dissing. IMO, of course. No doubt LeBron has proven what an all time great basketball player he is, but he is still prone to act like a spoiled brat and he is just too old for that.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:04 pm

NYCelt wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:I don`t often agree with TJ, because I have my green goggles on and his are purple and gold, but I too think the Lebron criticism is over the top. He gets his team to the finals every year. As far as critcizing his teammates Bird called his a bunch of sissies on one occassion and specifically criticized McHale`s effort to the press. I don`t remember James criticizing teammates by name.

Good point.

Add me to the list of those that consider the criticism of James unfounded.  Never could understand it, except that I think it comes from envy.

jrleftfoot and NYCelt

Sort of like the hate to love relation with Shaq when he came to the Celts - put James in a Celtic green jersey and the green with envy feeling would end.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:19 pm

swish wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

Good point.

Add me to the list of those that consider the criticism of James unfounded.  Never could understand it, except that I think it comes from envy.

jrleftfoot and NYCelt

Sort of like the hate to love relation with Shaq when he came to the Celts - put James in a Celtic green jersey and the green with envy feeling would end.

swish

Yeah , swish, I almost learned to love Sheed. Lebron returning to Cleveland should have wiped the slate clean.I know we are not supposed to talk politics here, and rightfully so , but Lebron has certainly demonstrated more of a social conscience than MJ, who could do no wong under the Jordan Rules. I can`t remember a single teammate who complained about Lebron James, including former teammates , which is usually where the excrement starts flowing. I  can certainly appreciate the sympathy for the billionaire Gilbert though, who maintained total composure when the young man left for South Beach.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:14 pm

swish wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

Good point.

jrleftfoot and NYCelt

swish

Swish,

Everybody looks better in green!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down