what's with all the James Young sightings?

+2
NYCelt
kdp59
6 posters

Go down

what's with all the James Young sightings? Empty what's with all the James Young sightings?

Post by kdp59 Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:16 am

Is Danny trying to showcase him to be part of a trade, seeing if he can move into the rotation if other players are moved, just next man up?

my limited mind wants to know.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

what's with all the James Young sightings? Empty Re: what's with all the James Young sightings?

Post by NYCelt Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 am

kdp59 wrote:Is Danny trying to showcase him to be part of a trade, seeing if he can move into the rotation if other players are moved, just next man up?

my limited mind wants to know.

kdp,

My guess is being down a couple of players was a contributing factor, since I doubt he has any real trade value. At this point he's one of those guys you throw into a deal to balance contract values.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

what's with all the James Young sightings? Empty Re: what's with all the James Young sightings?

Post by dboss Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:38 am

With Crowder and AB out it opens up some minutes
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:10 pm

I dont think Danny Ainge has any input into who plays and who doesnt.

Young played well last night in Utah. Clearly he is not as good as the Celtics had hoped, but not a bad 10th man for the time being.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:23 pm

James Young just increased his trade value by about 500% with last night's fine performance. Iknow that someone will mention that he had ZERO value before last night, but he had at least an amount of salary that he was worth in a trade.

There has to be some GM or coach watching him last night who now may think that Young is worthy of being part of a trade with the Cs, and not just a 'salary filler'. He may think that a change of scenery may be all it takes to get Young to play better and better and finally become worthy of being drafted 16th a few years ago.

Young's positive performance against Utah may end up being able to use him instead of one of the first round picks Ainge has in a trade either at the deadline this month or maybe next summer.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:31 pm

I , for one, would love to see James Young succeed, if not in Boston, elsewhere. There has been a lot of knee jerk disparagement of a 21 year old kid who has done nothing wrong except fail to live up to , perhaps unjustified, expectations. I find all the James Young for a bag of balls comments distasteful. Humans are not commodities, though our history would suggest otherwise. I`m not suggesting that he will ever be a top notch player, but he may, eventually, find a place in the league. Gerald Green`s odyssey comes to mind. Speaking of whom, its great to see Green contributing. Stevens said his preseason injury set him back , but he has been lighting it up the last few games. My final thought, post Utah , is that Kelly Olynyk, if he ever stays healthy and gets minutes, will be a good player. I`ve been up and down about him , but he seems to be playing more decisively and his defense is light years better than it was.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down