No trades.

+2
BaronV
Celticspride
6 posters

Go down

No trades. Empty No trades.

Post by Celticspride Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Stay put Boston. Run this team a far as it will go this season. I know in Boston you only play for championships and any thing less is a losing season. Boston has a lot of chips in the bank for next season. Never liked replacing a starter mid way through the season. Would do bench players, but this team has a pretty solid bench. The chemistry for this team keeps getting better every game. This team is deep when everyone is healthy the Celtics have a dam good chance to win it all. I will take the chemistry before a star any day.

Right now the only team in the East that scares me is the Wizards and they have players very similar to the Celtics. Cleveland will be burned out by the time playoffs come around but will still be a tough match up due to their previous success.
Just my view point here.
Celticspride
Celticspride

Back to top Go down

No trades. Empty Re: No trades.

Post by BaronV Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 pm

I think I agree. This team is firing on all cylinders right now, even with a variety of injuries, and is displaying great balance and chemistry. Unless they can manage to land a real superstar (not Butler or Anthony), I don't see a major trade really helping. It runs the risk of disrupting the chemistry, probably doesn't get them past CLE / GS this year, and either means losing assets for a short term rental that won't win a championship, or bringing in a longer-term player whose contract screws up cap flexibility to sign a really good free agent this off season.

-V

BaronV

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm

IF Danny can pull off a coup, fine, but if he can't I'm ok with riding the horses we have until the summer.

I'm not as high on the draft as some people, I think it is a crap shoot, but if someone is willing to pay us big to roll the dice instead us doing it, I'm ok with that too.

Where we are sitting pretty is that we have the #5 team in the NBA AND have the best odds to land the #1 pick.  We don't need to blow things up to be good, we already are.  One of the big reasons why Durant did not go to the Clippers last summer is because Doc would have had to trade one of his core players to create the salary cap space for Durant and Durant saw that as weakening the team he was going to and not making it stronger.  We could be in the Clips position this summer WITHOUT having to trade a core player.  Danny will have cap space if he says goodbye to Amir ($12M) and Zeller ($eight).  He will have the Nyets' pick, which will be no lower than #4.  Danny could sign a key player, without trading any of our core, and add a player that could/should be the best player in his draft class.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi,
Here is what Mike Gorman thinks about that.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 pm

I think Gorman sums it up pretty good.

sounds like he likes Butler also but doubts anything gets done. I would agree with that.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:46 pm

When we lost 3 in a row a few weeks ago I expected a trade, but winning 11 out of 12? I am not inclined to think so.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:30 am

The Celtics do need to add a rebounder but that may not be enough if that is the only skill that he has. Much harder and expensive to acquire a multi-skilled big man.

May not happen this season.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down