Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Away

+4
Matty
cowens/oldschool
dboss
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Away Empty Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Away

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:13 am

Bullshit.  A questionable call to overturn 48 minutes of play?  Bullshit.

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
yesterday
Watching replay of foul call now, can't tell for sure if it was a foul or not. But seems pretty clear the ref waited for shot to miss.
reply retweet like

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg
yesterday
“When Jimmy shot the ball, I heard him scream, “No foul?’ As soon as he said that, the whistle blew … “ twitter.com/ByJayKing/stat…
reply retweet like

Here it is, see for yourself whether it was a foul and whether the ref was just a wee bit late and maybe even a bit coached...

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
yesterday
Smart fouled Jimmy Butler's aura.
reply retweet like

Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Kelly got beat on defense a lot, but so did everybody else.  How many times did Lopez beat Al down floor?  How many second shots did Lopez get because he followed his own miss and nobody put a body on him?  Lopez had 8 rebounds, 5 of them offensive and at least two were on his own misses.  There is no excuse for that.  15 offensive boards by the Bulls.

Only 4 Celtics in double digits and two of them, Amir and Rozier, only had 10 and 11 respectively.  So we had IT with 29, his average, Kelly with 17 on 6-10 and 3-6 from 3 and no other help besides those two non-scoring role players.  Crowder's offense has been off since he took those days off, he was 3-8 and 0-4 from 3.  Horford, who started the game hot, ended up 3-10.  7 points and 3 rebounds for Al Horford.  That's a disappearing act.  Jonas just has not been the same player since getting his nose smashed.

Kelly was Celtics high rebounder with 7.  I'm liking that he is upping that part of his game, I'm not liking that nobody else is.  Rebounding is a weakness with this team, everybody knows it, so why isn't everybody crashing the boards on every shot?   They beat us 51-31 on the boards.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900255

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Away

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:13 am

A lack of effort as the team was ball watching. Tough loss to take given the circumstances.

KO has elevated his game but he too was ball watching instead of finding a man and blocking out.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Away

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:36 am

dboss wrote:A lack of effort as the team was ball watching.  Tough loss to take given the circumstances.  

KO has elevated his game but he too was ball watching instead of finding a man and blocking out.

dboss

dboss,

NOBODY put a body on ANYBODY. Awful.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:10 am

Second night of back to back and not enough players showed up on offense. As bad as we played, we were right there thanks to IT hitting some tough shots. Crowder, Smart terrible on offense, no AB and Jaylen, just undermanned and unenergetic for too much of the game. Not fun seeing us get killed on boards, shouldn't have been so close if we take care of the boards, we killed them in 3 ball % which usually is most compelling stat these days.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 am

Celts almost won despite the rebounding issues. I thought the play calling down the stretch was suspect.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 am

I hope we see the Bulls in the playoffs.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:28 am

Matty wrote:I hope we see the Bulls in the playoffs.

Matty

I feel confident that we can beat the Bulls.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:30 pm

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Despite losing on a bogus call (home town ref call), there's much good to see in this game. When we're outrebounded by 20 and still almost win, it's easy to see the cure for our woes - get a rebounder! I love treating patients with easy to remedy ailments. The Celtics sickness is easy to cure - get a rebounder! We are almost there. So close.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:54 pm

worcester wrote:Despite losing on a bogus call (home town ref call), there's much good to see in this game. When we're outrebounded by 20 and still almost win, it's easy to see the cure for our woes - get a rebounder! I love treating patients with easy to remedy ailments. The Celtics sickness is easy to cure - get a rebounder! We are almost there. So close.

So true.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:15 pm

bobheckler wrote:

bob

KO is playing his best basketball of the season.

In February he is averaging 13.6 PPG and 7 rebounds. He needs to improve his free throw shooting. This is the type of production that would support a new contract.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:40 pm

dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

bob

KO is playing his best basketball of the season.

In February he is averaging 13.6 PPG and 7 rebounds.  He needs to improve his free throw shooting.  This is the type of production that would support a new contract.  

dboss,

To support and further your comment:

In his last 10 games (as opposed to "February") Kelly is averaging 12.7ppg, 6.7 rpg and is shooting 59.2%.  The difference between 10 games and February isn't much, but the 59% fg% is quite good, especially considering how many 3s he takes.  All this in 23.3mpg. Even season-to-date he has improved over his career averages. His career average is 47.5% FG%, this season it's 51.7%. 41% of Kelly's fgas this year are 3s, and his overall FG% is still 51.7%. That's REALLY good.

In his last 5 games (Chicago, Philly, Dallas, Utah, Portland.  4 road games out of 5 total), Kelly is averaging 16.0ppg, 64.6% FG%, 55% from 3, 7.0rpg, 2.6apg, 1.4TOpg and 63.6% FT%.  He is averaging 70.7% from the line for the season, so he is in a bit of a slump there, you're right.  His fg% is phenomenal.  He is averaging 37.9% on the season from 3, so he is hot from downtown too (coulda figured that out anyway, 55%!).  To be fair, here, he is also playing more minutes.  He is averaging 27.4mpg over those 5 games.  His season average is 21.5mpg.

Taking a 15mpg player, for example, and extrapolating out to 36/mpg is dangerous unless you are comparing them to another 15mpg player and not a 36mpg starter playing against other starters.  However, at 27.4mpg, it makes a little more sense.  He is on the floor enough where he will be playing against starters for some of it and fatigue will take its toll where it might not in much fewer minutes.  So, @ /36mpg, Kelly's numbers over the last 5 games comes out to 21ppg, 9.1rpg, 3.4apg, 1.8TOpg.  Those are not bad numbers.  If he can just maintain this pace he should be resigned.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 pm

The absolute worst part of the call (Smart's foul on Butler's shot) was the the guy who called the foul did not call it until he looked to see if the shot was going in or not.

If he had called it when there was supposedly contact on Butler's elbow the ref would not have had to watch the flight of the ball. The official would have been much better off if he had called the foul immediately if he was going to call that ticky-tack foul.

The official who was right next to the play did not make a call at all.

Very disappointing when an official literally changes the ending result of a game with such a poor call.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

I thought , right after the game that IT and Crowder were having a problem with somebody on the Bulls, but it turns out they were staring down the ref ( deservedly so). This game reinforced my opinion that Jimmy Butler is a nice, even a very nice player, but not somebody to give away the ranch for.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:15 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I thought , right after the game that IT and Crowder were having a problem with somebody on the Bulls, but it turns out they were staring down the ref ( deservedly so). This game reinforced my opinion that Jimmy Butler is a nice, even a very nice player, but not somebody to give away the ranch for.

No doubt Butler can ball but unless a player fills a positional need I see no good reason to part with a core player and high draft pick to get him.  

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:42 am

bobheckler wrote:

bob

glad they didn't show any defensive highlights as his defense really sucked in this game

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:26 pm

I really am not ready to give up everything they are saying Chicago wants for Butler, I just do not think he is the "piece" they are looking for to solidfy this team. Even McHale said the other night that he did not think Butler would put the Celtics "over the top" to beat Cleveland. The last report I read was that Chicago wanted a ton for Butler, Smart, Crowder and BOTH Nets picks. That is foolish. I can't even imagine Danny bothering to listen to an offer like that.

Kelly has been doing better, no doubt. But, at the end of the year is he going to be a $15 million dollar player? That is the thinking out there that he would command. Of course we heard those crazy numbers for Sully and he ended up with $6 million. The one thing about Danny that makes him alot like Belechick is that, every position has a price, and he does not go over that price and over pay a guy. Look what happened to Turner, I am sure they said to him the amount they would offer, and if he got more, good luck. $70 million dollars for Evan Turner???Tell me Portland wishes they could have that offer back right now.

Over paying guys is not something the Celtics are used to doing, so this may be a long wait for the right deal to come along.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down