tjmakz
kdp59
Shamrock1000
sinus007
dboss
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - FEBRUARY 23RD Empty TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - FEBRUARY 23RD

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 am

OK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ......FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS AND GIRDLES, WE HAVE UP UNTIL 3 PM (EST) UNTIL WE CAN BEGIN TO FOCUS ON BASKETBALL AND NOT THE CIRCUS!

MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE IS TO MAKE A MINOR TRADE TO STRENGTHEN OUR BENCH ON THE WINGS OR GET A CHEAP CENTER GIVING UP SECONDARY DRAFT PICKS FOR SUCH PLAYERS SUCH AS BOGOTS OR CHANDLER.

Back to top Go down

TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - FEBRUARY 23RD Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - FEBRUARY 23RD

Post by dboss Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:18 am

112288 wrote:OK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ......FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS AND GIRDLES, WE HAVE UP UNTIL 3 PM (EST) UNTIL WE CAN BEGIN TO FOCUS ON BASKETBALL AND NOT THE CIRCUS!

MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE IS TO MAKE A MINOR TRADE TO STRENGTHEN OUR BENCH ON THE WINGS OR GET A CHEAP CENTER GIVING UP SECONDARY DRAFT PICKS FOR SUCH PLAYERS SUCH AS BOGOTS OR CHANDLER.

Here here!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - FEBRUARY 23RD Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - FEBRUARY 23RD

Post by sinus007 Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:31 am

Hi,
From AWoj : https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sources-pacers-assessing-trade-market-for-paul-george-180740295.html

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:13 am

Brian Windhorst just said on espn that Celtics are still hoping Butler or George becomes available. Butler would be 1st Choice since he is under contract for 2 yrs at a reasonable price. George has only a year and thus would come up for an extension at the same time as IT and AB. Interestingly, he said they have a back up plan to get Danilo Gallinari. The appeal is that he will help make a push this year, but his contract apparent is ending, and thus Danny can still have freedom in free agency. Interesting take - I would see this as a minus (i.e. a rental). Windhorst's ideas, not mine...

Just looked up Gallinari's contract. Looks like he is signed through 2018. 15.5 and 16.1 million for this year and next, respectively. Also apparently has a trade kicker. So I guess Windhorst is talking about financial freedom after 2018 (when IT and AB will need to get paid).

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:29 am

Latest from NESN - Boston - george wants to win in Indiana or leave to his home town Lakers when his contract is up.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:31 am

CHOICES TO WATCH TODAY

Watch The Vertical on Yahoo Sports NBA Trade Deadline Show, 2 p.m. ET

OR

ESPN

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 am

Gallinari has a player option next year. and if you think Kelly is soft, wait until you see this often injured big man play...no thanks for me.

my picks are

1) Butler (what a surprise , right?)

2) Favors in a lesser deal.

I doubt Butler happens, but I hope Favors does.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:37 am

Adrian Wojnarowski
@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Boston, Indy had preliminary talk on Paul George, but there won't be real dialogue until/unless C's introduce Nets pick into deal.
Retweeted by BobbyMarks42
11:33 AM - 23 Feb 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am

It looks like Noel (and probably Okafor) will be off the board.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA  · 2m2 minutes ago  

Dallas center Andrew Bogut will go to the 76ers in the Noel trade too, league source tells @TheVertical. Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA  · 4m4 minutes ago  

Philadelphia is sending Nerlens Noel to Dallas for Justin Anderson and a first-round draft pick, league sources tell @TheVertical.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:54 am

Magic and Bird get reacquainted as Lakers look in on Pacers star Paul George, sources say

ESPN

The Los Angeles Lakers are among the teams to have inquired about the availability of Indiana Pacers star forward Paul George in recent days, according to league sources.

While the conversation didn't go beyond an initial expression of interest -- which is common in the NBA in advance of the trade deadline -- it's notable simply for the names involved: New Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson and Pacers president Larry Bird, lifelong rivals and close friends, were on the phone together.

In his first full day in charge, after Tuesday's stunning promotion from an advisory role in the wake of the twin dismissals of longtime Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and executive vice president of basketball operations Jim Buss, Johnson arrived at the Lakers' offices early Wednesday to work the trade phones and, yes, throw in a call to Bird.

USA Today reported Wednesday that George recently met with Pacers owner Herb Simon to expound face-to-face on what he told ESPN's Marc Stein last week during All-Star festivities on ESPN Radio: George still longs to lead Indiana to its first NBA championship but wants to know he is part of a title-contending roster before committing to a lucrative contract extension this summer.

Sources confirmed to ESPN in the wake of that meeting that Indiana has since invited teams such as the Lakers and Boston Celtics to make pitches for George in advance of Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline. The Pacers, at the same time, also continue to pursue roster upgrades of their own, after ESPN's Chris Haynes reported last week that the Pacers have made their first-round pick in the June draft available in trade conversations in hopes of strengthening George's supporting cast.

Sources told Haynes on Thursday that some teams are apprehensive to pursue George, believing he would sign a long-term deal only with the Pacers and Lakers.
The Lakers have inquired about the availability of Pacers star Paul George, right, according to sources, as Magic Johnson and Larry Bird now find themselves competitors in dueling front offices. Richard Mackson/USA TODAY Sports

Johnson has wasted little time getting busy since he was handed control of basketball operations by Lakers president and co-owner Jeanie Buss, quickly sealing a trade Tuesday afternoon with the Houston Rockets for a future first-round pick and veteran swingman Corey Brewer in exchange for high-scoring guard Lou Williams.

League sources told Stein that the Lakers were also seeking a quality second-round pick from teams interested in veteran shooting guard Nick Young.

Johnson addressed the Lakers' players and coaches when they reported for Wednesday's practice at 1 p.m. local time.

"Magic came down and talked to the team," Lakers coach Luke Walton said. "He wanted to come down and, first of all, say hi to everyone and let them know that he's here to support and be there for them. It was a quick meeting, but it's good to get in front of each other."

"It was a strange day, because I am very close with Jimmy and Mitch and I really enjoyed working with them," Walton continued. "I had great talks with both of them on the telephone afterward. They were both very supportive. Both gave the message of continue to work, keep working with the young guys. It was definitely a little sad. I think it's important to remember all the great things they did when they were here too.

"Then, on the other hand, you have Earvin coming in and he's in there and he's making phone calls. It was great to work with him. It was a unique, interesting day in terms of the emotions going on. But the main thing everyone talked about was, 'We have a job to do still.'"

Editor's Picks

Pacers' George: 'I've got a team to turn around'

Paul George tried to tamp down speculation on Wednesday, with the NBA's trade deadline fast approaching, by staying focused on his current job -- with Indiana.
Walton: Bittersweet time as Magic era begins

Magic Johnson swept in to soothe the rattled Lakers, a young, struggling team still reeling from front-office upheaval and the trade of leading scorer Lou Williams.
Which players would teams trade top-5 draft picks for?

How could Boston land Paul George and Jimmy Butler? What would the Lakers and Sixers need to move their draft picks? We have five deals that include five All-Stars.

As for the possibility of more trades from the Lakers before the deadline, sources said Johnson is far more likely to move a veteran such as Young or Jose Calderon than anyone from L.A.'s young core.

A trade for George, who grew up a huge Lakers fan in nearby Palmdale, California, is considered unlikely at this point. The initial conversation between Johnson and Bird, sources said, never got beyond pleasantries.

Sources said numerous interested teams around the league, furthermore, believe the Pacers have been fielding calls on George in recent days more to get a detailed read of the market for potential down-the-road deals, as opposed to a serious intent to trade George this week.

The Celtics, however, are widely known to be eager to trade for either George or the Chicago Bulls' Jimmy Butler. So the possibility remains that a strong offer from Boston on deadline day spurs the Pacers into trading George sooner than they ever imagined.

But the Indiana star gave little indication, after the Pacers' first practice coming out of the All-Star break, that he expects a deal this week.

"I have no concerns," George told local reporters. "I'm here. I practiced today. My head is not wrapped around that. I've got a team to turn around in the second half, and that's what I'm committed to."

George is scheduled to become a free agent in the summer of 2018. In last week's interview with Stein, when asked about the possibility of signing a contract extension of more than $200 million that Indiana is expected to offer him this summer, George said: "As I told Larry, I always want to play on a winning team. I always want to be part of a team that has a chance to win it [all]. That's important. ... I want a chance to play for a chance to win a championship."

The Pacers lost six straight games entering the All-Star break. They sit sixth in the Eastern Conference at 29-28.

ESPN first reported earlier this week that the Philadelphia 76ers' Jahlil Okafor was among the targets Bird has pursued to fortify the roster around George, Myles Turner and Jeff Teague.

Indiana can't offer George one of the league's new designated player extensions -- in excess of $200 million, in this case -- unless he makes one of the league's three All-NBA teams this season. The 26-year-old, having recovered admirably from the gruesome leg fracture he suffered on Team USA duty in the summer of 2014, is averaging 22.3 points and 6.2 rebounds per game this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Confrimed Noel has been traded to Dallas!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:07 pm

ESPN SAYS

BOSTON LOOSENED THEIR TRADE STANCE.............BROOKLYN 2017 AND 2018 PICKS IN PLAY.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:11 pm

112288 wrote:ESPN SAYS

BOSTON LOOSENED THEIR TRADE STANCE.............BROOKLYN 2017 AND 2018 PICKS IN PLAY.

This one popping up in a number of places. Maybe something to it. Not sure it would be the smartest deal unless George were to commit to restructured deal beyond 2018.

I'd still rather keep the pick, and am still a skeptic when it comes to fast moving deadline rumors.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

NY

AGREED!

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

dboss wrote:Confrimed Noel has been traded to Dallas!
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-76ers-send-nerlens-noel-to-mavericks-165830322.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm

1.  IF we get George I would hope there would be agentleman's agreement in place for a contract extension.

2.  IF we get George I also think Bradley and Crowder are gone for Butler.

At this time I do NOT believe either deal will happen but if 1 then 2.

Just my 2c.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:31 pm

I wonder what the protection will be on the Dallas pick going to Philly for Noel.
If it is top 3 or top 5 protected, Philly could pretty easily have 3 top 10 picks this year.
Plus they have two picks in the mid 2nd round from Atlanta.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:31 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Bobh,
I don't get your #2: if Bradley and Crowder are gone for Butler who's going for PG?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Philly looking for a trade partner for Bogut...hmmm

a 30 day beach rental! Pass the sun tanning lotions

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:42 pm

sinus007 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Bobh,
I don't get your #2: if Bradley and Crowder are gone for Butler who's going for PG?

AK

Sinus,

Don't know, I'm guessing Danny is keeping Jae in reserve for the Butler deal since that is who they want but won't include him without the PG upgrade at that position. Maybe Bradley goes to Indy instead of Chicago and another piece (Kelly?) goes to Chicago instead.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 pm

It's quarter to one in the morning in Bangkok but this is worth staying up for (at least for a little while longer).  If Berlin can join us on the Game On threads on a regular basis I should do this.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi,
If Danny going after Butler and George, I wonder who gets which BKN pick?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 pm

If Bogut is not dealt by Philly, it looks like they will work out a buyout.
That could be good news for Boston if they are interested in him.
If I was a Celtics fan, I would say no thanks...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
If Danny going after Butler and George, I wonder who gets which BKN pick?

AK

For someone with a shitty batting average as a Toronto Blue Jay Danny sure isn't shy about swinging for the fences.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:57 pm

tjmakz wrote:If Bogut is not dealt by Philly, it looks like they will work out a buyout.
That could be good news for Boston if they are interested in him.
If I was a Celtics fan, I would say no thanks...

TJ,

Why not?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next