bobheckler
gyso
mulcogiseng
kdp59
Matty
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The dancing beAR is coming to 'merica - Page 2 Empty Re: The dancing beAR is coming to 'merica

Post by Matty Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:22 pm

b
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

The dancing beAR is coming to 'merica - Page 2 Empty Re: The dancing beAR is coming to 'merica

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:42 pm

nice bob

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:14 pm

that's awesome bob
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:17 pm

MY COMPLEMENTS TO YOU BOB!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:18 pm

MY COMPLEMENTS TO YOU BOB!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Adam Himmelsbach ✔ @AdamHimmelsbach
Guerschon Yabusele is hoping to get to Boston next week. He'll have ankle evaluated, but Celtics aren't going to rush him to play w/Maine.
12:37 PM - 10 Mar 2017
 45 45 Retweets   115 115 likes

This from an article by Jay King:

Yabusele averaged 20.9 points and 9.4 rebounds during his lone season in China, but because of the competition level it's tough to predict how that performance will translate in the NBA. As somebody recently described the league to me, each CBA team has two imports who essentially play 2-on-2 against the opponent's imports while their teammates act like "traffic cones."

bob
MY NOTE:  They shouldn't rush him to play, but it would be nice if his ankle allowed him to get some reps in. I watched a lot of his highlight films in China this year. I absolutely concur with that person's description of "defense" in the Chinese Basketball League. It doesn't exist, certainly not as a team concept. Yabby's learning curve is going to be steep.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Next year can Yabu gives us 16mpg, 4 points 4 rebounds?

Can he make the 3 ball?

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:08 pm

dboss wrote:Next year can Yabu gives us 16mpg, 4 points 4 rebounds?

Can he make the 3 ball?

dboss

dboss,

The Chinese 3pt line appears to be the same as the NBA one, so YES, he can hit the 3. I don't know his 3pt fg% but he has a smooth stroke that should translate well to the NBA.

As far as him getting 16mpg that depends upon his defense and that is the question mark, to me. I cannot speak to his experience in France, I do know he wasn't in their top league there, but he probably didn't gain any experience into the type of defensive schemes he'll see in the NBA with China. The defense in China is horrific.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Rebounding?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:37 pm

He projects to 13pts and 7 rebounds but not sure the min according to something I saw recently. I think they use the FIBA 3 pt line in China but his stroke is good so he will make the transition. He is an offensive player and will score from 3, (36%) mid range and taking it to the hoop (52%) as well. He needs to improve his ft% (68%) and defense is the question mark but he blocks a shot a game and gets a steal too. If he comes in as Horfords backup he is going to get minutes against other reserves. I expect him to contribute immediately and, like his buddy Jaylen, blossom before our very eyes. I hope they do free throw challenges against each other lol. He didn't get that nickname because he is a stiff. He was 24/12 against Houston in preseason.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:47 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Guerschon-Yabusele/Summary/29646
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:58 pm

dboss wrote:Rebounding?

dboss,

6'8", 260#.  Your guess is as good as mine, especially since I don't know his temperment.  He seems, quite frankly, a little too happy-go-lucky for my liking.  I prefer a bit of a junkyard dawg mentality.  Is he willing to take a pounding to get a board?  I'm willing to bet, however, after been beaten to the ball a few times by Marcus Smart he'll open his eyes and realize he isn't in Kansas anymore and needs to attack and eat, or be eaten.

Good news

1.  He has exceptional quick feet for a player his size.
2.  He can shoot from range.
3.  He is a pretty good ball handler for his size.
4.  He is 260#.  That is solid beef on the hoof there.

Bad news

1.  At 6'8" he is short for an NBA 4.  That could result in more shots being blocked and fewer rebounds.
2.  He has never faced defense like he'd face here.  Nothing even close.
3. He has never played against players as big, fast and strong as the NBA. His team in France wasn't in an elite league and China is, well, where 40 year old Starburys and Jimmers thrive.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:25 pm

What about Leon Powe he was 6'8" and played center and despite very bad knees he was a terror.

However you move him to SF and he works better there.

P.S.

Chinese league is on the level of college so his stats match up to some of the best college players. Additionally, scouts measure basic athletic instincts i.e. first moves playing defense, feet work, coordination, first moves in shooting, shooting techniques, can he create spacing for his shot, explosiveness to the rim etc etc.

He has the tools to be good at the NBA level.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Generally speaking - rather high expectations for a #16 pick.
  Below link list all # 16 picks since 1980
  Add on to list
  2014 - Nurkic
  2015 - Rozier
  2016 - Yabusele

The bottom half of the 1st round is truly a crap shoot.   High hopes - low returns.

http://www.mynbadraft.com/nba-draft-picks/16th-overall/160509/

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 pm

In reading this thread from beginning to end, I was most impressed with Bob's thought of we do not yet know anything about this kid's mental and physical toughness.

Yes, he moves well, he is strong, his shot looks good, etc, etc, but is he going to knock someone down to get a rebound? Is he going to back down once a couple of his shots get blocked? Is he going to dig in on defense after getting burned by some guy literally plowing through him to get to the hoop?

There certainly have been guys drafted below where Yabusele was drafted make it in the NBA, so he may also become a contributing factor for the Cs, but not likely to be such a player in his first NBA season. It will be a HUGE bonus if he could average 13 and 7 per game in his first year, but we should remember that our number one pick (#3 overall) in the same year Yabusele was drafted has not come close to those stats yet.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Wideclyde

Check out the following website

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2624/jaylen-brown

Latest News
Recent News
Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Jaylen Brown's "got a chance to be pretty darn good."
"I’m not sure I would have thought that [Brown] would be where he is right now, just because I thought that he had a lot of things that he really would have to improve on to be able to add value to winning at this level," Stevens said. "And he’s proven that he can pick things up on the fly and that he can play at a high level." The 20-year-old wing is averaging 11.6 points on 55.7 percent shooting with 4.4 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 0.7 steals over 24.3 minutes since the break. While his long-term upside is promising, he will need to improve his 67.5 percent mark from the free throw line. As good as he's been, his value will likely trend down with Avery Bradley's workload ramping up. Mar 12 - 9:47 AM - Source: ESPN

That being posted, Brown is 20 years old and started out trying to get a feel and rhythm of the NBA. He did not garner the minutes he is receiving now because he was spoon fed by the Celtic coaching staff.  He also worked on his weak parts of his game with the coaching staff and now is beginning to demonstrate his talent.  This guy will be a great player in the NBA.

I am not at all concerned where Yabusele was drafted.......I think perhaps many teams interested in him were hoping he would be selected in the lower 1/3 of the draft or high second round.  Funny his name is always mentioned as a trade asset along with Zizic by other teams when it comes to assets owned by the Celtics in a possible trade.

All this idle chatter about how Yabusele will perform is just that ...idle chatter.  He has an NBA body, he has soft hands and a nice outside shot and he has no problems driving into the paint for a shot. I am not worried about him doing well in the NBA.....however he needs the same opportunity as Brown by being spoon fed and allowing him time to acquire a rhythm for the NBA.

I guess everyone is waiting for the playoffs to begin as there is no real news or juicy stories out there to read about.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:23 pm

in SL I don't remember him being especially good on defense or rebounding, I think he showed some flashes on offense.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:24 pm

8 ppg 5.4 rebounds 5 games vegas
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:45 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/guerschon-yabusele-one-boston-celtics-first-round-picks-16-may-soon-play-d-league

YABUSELE, ONE OF CELTS' FIRST-ROUND PICKS IN '16, MAY SOON PLAY FOR RED CLAWS

By A. Sherrod Blakely

March 15, 2017 5:40 PM

BOSTON -- The Dancing Bear is in the building, folks!

Guerschon Yabusele, selected by the Celtics with the 16th overall pick in last June’s NBA draft, will watch tonight’s game after arriving in the States earlier this week following the completion of his season in the Chinese Basketball Association.

The Celtics could certainly use another banger around the paint, but the plan for Yabusele begins with evaluating the status of his recently sprained ankle.

Austin Ainge, Boston’s director of player personnel, said Yabusele will be evaluated by the team’s medical staff this week. If that goes well, Yabusele will play with the Celtics’ Gatorade League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws.

“We’re hoping to get him a few games with the Red Claws,” Ainge told CSNNE.com. “Get him some experience in the D-league and Summer League.”

As far as his ankle injury is concerned, Yabusele doesn’t think it’ll keep him from playing with the Red Claws.

“It feels good,” he told CSNNE.com following the Celtics’ pregame shoot around. “I’m here to see the doctors. Right now, I don’t feel the pain anymore.”

In 43 games (4 starts) with the Shanghai Sharks, Yabusele averaged 20.9 points and 9.4 rebounds while shooting 52.7 percent from the field and 36.4 percent from 3-point range.

“It was pretty good. It was a challenge for me, being over there as a young player,” said Yabusele, 21. “It was a great experience for me to go over there. I learned a lot about playing basketball, being a pro when you are not in your city. We had a great season. We lost first round of the playoffs, but I am more [confident] as a player; it was good. My game is better than it was before.”

And that was exactly what the Celtics were hoping he would come away with during his time with the Shanghai Sharks.

Yabusele’s talent was often overshadowed due to him playing with older players. But the 6-foot-8, 260-pound Frenchman showcased an all-around game in China that gives the Celtics hope that he can come in next season and compete for a spot in the team’s regular rotation.

And while his numbers in China were good, big-time numbers in China can be a bit misleading. That’s why the Celtics are eager to see what he can do with the Red Claws, which would give them a better sense of where he’s at in terms of his game.

And for Yabusele, it affords him a chance to learn the Red Claws’ playbook, which is the same as the Celtics'.

If he’s cleared by the Celts to play for the Red Claws, Yabusele said his goals are pretty straightforward.

“Just help the team, learn the set plays, be around the guys . . . have good chemistry for next year and just be ready to play,” he said.

The Celtics plan to have both Yabusele and their other first-round pick from last year, Ante Zizic, in training camp next season.

Because Zizic’s season could potentially run into June, don’t expect to see him until Summer League.

Yabusele is also expected to be on the Summer League roster, knowing that the plan for him involves being with the Celtics next season -- and unlike tonight’s game against Minnesota, he likely won’t be a spectator.

“I’m really excited about it,” said Yabusele, referring to playing next season. “I’m going to give my all for the team, give my all for the Boston Celtics. I’m ready.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:52 pm

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/post-ups

Wednesday, March 15 - Timberwolves at Celtics
Pregame – 1st-Round Pick Yabusele Back in Boston
BOSTON – First-round draft pick Guerschon Yabusele has been keeping close tabs on the Boston Celtics over the last few months, watching nearly every one of their games on his television in Shanghai.

Tonight, the 6-foot-8, 260-pound forward will finally have a chance to see the C’s play live, in person, when they take on the Minnesota Timberwolves at TD Garden.

Boston drafted Yabusele last summer with the 16th overall pick. The France native was on the team’s summer league roster and averaged 8.3 points and 6.0 rebounds per game during eight contests, before being sent overseas to play for the Shanghai Sharks.

Now that the Sharks’ season is over, Yabusele has returned to Boston to receive treatment on a sprained ankle and potentially suit up for the Celtics’ D-League affiliate Maine Red Claws.

“It definitely feels good to be here with these guys,” Yabusele said from outside Boston’s locker room ahead of tonight’s tip-off. “I played with a couple of the guys in the Summer League. It feels really good and I’m happy to be here, and I’m going to enjoy the game tonight.”

Before heading off to China, Yabusele said the C’s told him to focus on improving his offensive skills in the low post and to work on his 3-point shot.

He had a chance to work on those areas of his game, and more, as Shanghai even relied on the big man to be a playmaker for the team.

“I have more confidence now,” said the 21-year-old. “It was great for me because I had to take care of the ball and make plays for the team. Offensively I got better, and defensively too.”

Yabusele was one of Shangai’s main sources of production this past season. He averaged 20.9 points on 62.4 percent shooting from the field, and corralled a team-leading 9.4 rebounds per game during 43 contests, while leading the Sharks to the playoffs.

Yabusele sprained his left ankle during the final days of Shangai’s season two weeks ago, but he hopes for a speedy rehabilitation process in Boston.

He says the C’s do not yet have a plan for him playing-wise, but he’s eager to get the ball back in his hands and prove his worth to the team that drafted him.

“I’m much better than I was this summer,” he said with an eager grin. “I just want to show what I can do on the court.”

- Taylor C. Snow
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg
58 minutes ago
Red Claws announce signing of Guerschon Yabusele. No timetable for debut. Release says he’s still applying for work visa + rehabbing ankle. pic.twitter.com/Bno1nUZ2Mx
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:58 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/03/guerschon_yabusele_injury_upda.html

Guerschon Yabusele injury update: Boston Celtics draft pick calls joining Maine Red Claws 'possible'

Posted on March 23, 2017 at 4:30 AM

BY JAY KING

For the first time, Guerschon Yabusele has touched the ball during a Boston Celtics game.

As a spectator of Boston's 109-100 win Wednesday night, the first-round draft pick -- who played in the Chinese Basketball Association this season -- reached out to grab a loose ball headed for the crowd. The touch was spotted by Celtics.com's Taylor Snow, who promises the hand you see in this video belongs to Yabusele:

https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/status/844717799671054338

That almost looks like a Bigfoot video.

Yabusele, the alleged owner of that mysterious hand, returned to the Boston area after the CBA playoffs concluded. Though he has signed a D-League contract with the Maine Red Claws, he told CSNNE's Abby Chin he still isn't sure whether he will appear in any games for the Celtics' affiliate. Yabusele sprained his ankle during the CBA postseason.

"I'm still having treatment here (in Boston) with all the staff," he told Chin on the CSNNE game broadcast. "I've been going to the practice facility every day, twice a day, just to be better, to feel better with my ankle and maybe have a chance to play (in) the D-League."

Pressed on his chances of appearing in a Red Claws game this season, Yabusele called it "possible" but did not elaborate much beyond that. For now, he is enjoying watching the Celtics.

"It feels good to be here, really," he told Chin. "We have great fans. The team's playing pretty good. They win the games. So it feels good to be here and I can't wait to join the team."

bob
MY NOTE:  Here's Abby Chin's interview with Yabby at the Indy game last night.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Abby should do more interviews with the celtics, her mic skills are off the charts.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:28 pm

If the kid can play, he will be a fan favorite for sure.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:16 pm

So Yabu is getting a D-League paycheck. Not much but better than nothing. He may never get into a Red Claws game, but he is hanging around the "practice facility every day, twice a day, just to be better", which means he is hanging around the Celtics?

Win-Win.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next