Paul George Hears Cheers In Boston, Puts Future With Pacers On Improved Roster

2 posters

Go down

Paul George Hears Cheers In Boston, Puts Future With Pacers On Improved Roster Empty Paul George Hears Cheers In Boston, Puts Future With Pacers On Improved Roster

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:20 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245391/Paul-George-Hears-Cheers-In-Boston-Puts-Future-With-Pacers-On-Improved-Roster

Paul George Hears Cheers In Boston, Puts Future With Pacers On Improved Roster

MAR 22, 2017 10:58 PM

Paul George heard some cheers when he was introduced as a visiting member of the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday night in Boston and was asked afterward about how the fans received him and his future with the Pacers.

“Yeah, I guess they were in on the rumors,” George said of how fans received him at TD Garden.

In the days leading up to February’s trade deadline the Celtics were reportedly one of a few teams to engage in talks with the Pacers on George.

“I didn't put no energy into it. It was out of my control,” George said of rumors that he might have been traded to the Celtics. "If I was here, I was here. If I remained a Pacer, I was a Pacer. I wasn’t going to put any unnecessary energy where I had no control over.”

George, who can become an unrestricted free agent after the 2017-18 season, was then asked if he wanted to remain with the Pacers.

“Yeah,” he replied. "If we have a great team, why not?”

George added that if Indiana didn’t have an improved roster, “then me and front office will talk.”

bob
MY NOTE: Larry's over a barrel. If George wants out, everybody will know it. If he isn't willing to promise to re-sign with the team he is traded to then why would they do it? Time is NOT on Larry's side and the clock is ticking. Can he pull off yet another game winner?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Paul George Hears Cheers In Boston, Puts Future With Pacers On Improved Roster Empty Re: Paul George Hears Cheers In Boston, Puts Future With Pacers On Improved Roster

Post by swish Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:58 pm

The franchise has been stumbling over the last 13 years - playing .610 ball or better only 2 times. And after playing .683 ball in 2013-14 they have declined to .463, .549 and .507 over the last 3 years. Very questionable that Larry will be able to field a team that will have a roster that will be satisfactorily improved to the point that George will sign with the Pacers.It will be interesting to see whether Larry tries to significantly improve the team or elects to go to a rebuild mode.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down