Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 pm

yes
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 pm

64-40 at the half.

dbosd
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Spurs are an amazing team.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:47 pm

I am smelling a 30 point blowout!
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Love watching Kawhi Leonard, Spurs up 72- 45

and we have 2 lottery picks !!!!! plus Yabu and Zizic coming over next year.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 12088
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:06 pm

Lebrain pulled a muscle in his back. Poor guy.

dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by kdp59 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Cav's getting blown out and LeBron gets a little touch in the middle of his back and looks like he wants to sit the rest out....LOL.

lack of heart for sure.
avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3232
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:12 pm

10:29 in the 4th Cavs pull their starters.

Celtics are in 1st place!
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by gyso on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Gino is in the house!!

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 11654
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Lebron goes to the locker room.
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:25 pm

Spurs abusing the Cavs. Now up 32
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by Matty on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 pm

dboss wrote:Lebrain pulled a muscle in his back.  Poor guy.

dboss

Is that what it was? I thought he saw delonte west near his mom and.....
avatar
Matty

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:34 pm

It is over..Go Celts
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by Matty on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Ok, so we have the best record in the east.. can we stop calling it a rebuild and start calling it a rebuilt?
avatar
Matty

Posts : 4119
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by cowens/oldschool on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:01 am

Matty wrote:Ok, so we have the best record in the east.. can we stop calling it a rebuild and start calling it a rebuilt?


next year we are gonna be fockin way better !!!!!!
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 12088
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by bobheckler on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:14 am

Matty wrote:Ok, so we have the best record in the east.. can we stop calling it a rebuild and start calling it a rebuilt?


Matty,

We haven't accomplished anything if we still don't get past the 1st round.


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 34298
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by worcester on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:26 am

I said we'd win 52 games this year. We'll do that at a minimum. Rebuilding team my ass.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 5019
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by beat on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:33 am

As I always look forward to the Comments from the other side when we play. looked up a Caves forum and found their version of the game on thread.

Interesting how negative they are but understandable too.

https://nation.cavs.com/#/topics/75/discussions/191/?limit=10&page=1

beat
avatar
beat

Posts : 6836
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by bobheckler on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:53 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
Matty wrote:Ok, so we have the best record in the east.. can we stop calling it a rebuild and start calling it a rebuilt?


next year we are gonna be fockin way better !!!!!!


Cow,

It really is impressive that we are 4 years into a minimum 3-5 year complete rebuild and we not only are on track to be the best team in the east we are also on track for the #1 pick in the draft.

Danny is amazing.  It's not just his deal-making abilities, which are pretty frippin' good, it's his vision.  He saw where the league was going 5 years ago.  He brought in Jeff Green to move towards that vision.  Now, we all know he didn't work out but Danny's concept was dead on.  He saw the game was moving towards the perimeter and towards uber-athletic wings and away from paint-pounding woolly mammoths.  The flaw was in the player, Jeff Green, not the vision.  He brought in Brad Stevens whose Butler Bulldogs never really had a stellar big.  He drafted Marcus Smart over Julius Randle.  I have nothing against Randle.  In fact, of all the Laker players he is one of my favorites (Clarkson is also quite good) but he is an undersized PF who cannot play SF.   So, he's a one-position player and Danny saw the league was moving towards multi-position players, like Smart.  He drafted multi-position uber-athletic wing Jaylen Brown.  Would he have drafted Simmons or Ingram if he had the opportunity?  Maybe Simmons, he fits the bill as a versatile multi-position player, but not Ingram.  If you remember, when Brown and Zizic and Yabby and Nader were introduced Danny made a point of saying that all of them have NBA bodies, they could play right now.  CLEARLY, that is not 195# stick-figure Brandon Ingram.   I'm not saying this to dump on Ingram or on the Laker front office (although the dummies who were running the show back then are gone, and good riddance), Ingram was the consensus #2 pick at the time and that's when he went, I'm saying it to point out that Danny and Brad know what they're looking for.  Vision.  People thought that Brown was a stretch at #3, but who was drafted behind him?  Bender?  Wasn't doing well before his injury and only has NBA height, not strength.  Kris Dunn?  Nice pick, too soon to tell, but not the player for our back court rich Celtics (not to mention his attitude about playing time).  Buddy Hield?  Another very good player but better than Jaylen?  A higher upside than Jaylen?  I think not.  Hield will have a very good career because he does what he does exceptionally well but Brown can become elite in 3 years or less.  Same with Jamal Murray.  He might make the All-Star team because he's a shooter and All-Star selections are often based upon scoring (if defense was a consideration The Worm would have been a perennial All-Star and Bradley would be a multiple All-Star as well) but who would you rather have, him or Jaylen?  The only player I can see that was taken in the top 10 that has an upside comparable to Danny's pick, and that I would have swapped for Jaylen (not including the unavailable Ben Simmons) is Marquese Chriss.  To round out the top 10, Poetl won't be that good and Thon Maker, well, talk about not having NBA strength.  I liked Maker but he's only getting 8.3mpg on a team that could use a little something, as opposed to Boston who has quality veterans in front of Brown at the 2 and 3.  Despite that Brown is still averaging twice as many minutes as Maker.  Is Jason Kidd that stupid, or is he seeing things in practice and in the trainer's reports that is making him limit Maker's minutes?

My point behind this whole rant is that where we are today started even before that extremely emotional and distressful trade of Pierce and KG.  It started with the trade of Perk for uber-athletic KrypBronite Jeff Green and floor-stretching center Nenad Krstic (who left for Europe because of that stupid NBA strike).  I know how you feel about that specific trade, but that was the first shot fired by Danny in fulfilling the vision that has gotten us to where we are on 3/28/17 and Perk, for all his intangibles that you and I both love, didn't fit anymore.  The days of needing a player who could stop Dwight Howard one-on-one are gone, if they ever existed.  He had one year on a good team, Orlando made it to the Finals vs the Lakers, but every other team he has been on has declined with him.  He, and Perk and other players like them, are obsolete and have been for 5 years and Danny saw that before any of us. 


bob


.


Last edited by bobheckler on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 34298
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by cowens/oldschool on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:09 pm

yup bob the game has changed, my point is I was not expecting us to contend, I think even Danny did not, he wanted to get more seasoning and development for Zizic and Yabu. I think everyone would have been happy with improvement and more development out of our young roster, see who the keepers are, who can work and improve and fit into the system.....nobody was expecting first place....??? and next year we will only be much better, Yabu said hes a lot better now then a year ago, I would think the same for Zizic....we got a lottery pick and another!!!!!
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 12088
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by worcester on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 pm

It really is an amazing team - players, staff, coach, Danny, fans...all great, great, great!
avatar
worcester

Posts : 5019
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:41 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
Matty wrote:Ok, so we have the best record in the east.. can we stop calling it a rebuild and start calling it a rebuilt?


next year we are gonna be fockin way better !!!!!!


Cow,

It really is impressive that we are 4 years into a minimum 3-5 year complete rebuild and we not only are on track to be the best team in the east we are also on track for the #1 pick in the draft.

Danny is amazing.  It's not just his deal-making abilities, which are pretty frippin' good, it's his vision.  He saw where the league was going 5 years ago.  He brought in Jeff Green to move towards that vision.  Now, we all know he didn't work out but Danny's concept was dead on.  He saw the game was moving towards the perimeter and towards uber-athletic wings and away from paint-pounding woolly mammoths.  The flaw was in the player, Jeff Green, not the vision.  He brought in Brad Stevens whose Butler Bulldogs never really had a stellar big.  He drafted Marcus Smart over Julius Randle.  I have nothing against Randle.  In fact, of all the Laker players he is one of my favorites (Clarkson is also quite good) but he is an undersized PF who cannot play SF.   So, he's a one-position player and Danny saw the league was moving towards multi-position players, like Smart.  He drafted multi-position uber-athletic wing Jaylen Brown.  Would he have drafted Simmons or Ingram if he had the opportunity?  Maybe Simmons, he fits the bill as a versatile multi-position player, but not Ingram.  If you remember, when Brown and Zizic and Yabby and Nader were introduced Danny made a point of saying that all of them have NBA bodies, they could play right now.  CLEARLY, that is not 195# stick-figure Brandon Ingram.   I'm not saying this to dump on Ingram or on the Laker front office (although the dummies who were running the show back then are gone, and good riddance), Ingram was the consensus #2 pick at the time and that's when he went, I'm saying it to point out that Danny and Brad know what they're looking for.  Vision.  People thought that Brown was a stretch at #3, but who was drafted behind him?  Bender?  Wasn't doing well before his injury and only has NBA height, not strength.  Kris Dunn?  Nice pick, too soon to tell, but not the player for our back court rich Celtics (not to mention his attitude about playing time).  Buddy Hield?  Another very good player but better than Jaylen?  A higher upside than Jaylen?  I think not.  Hield will have a very good career because he does what he does exceptionally well but Brown can become elite in 3 years or less.  Same with Jamal Murray.  He might make the All-Star team because he's a shooter and All-Star selections are often based upon scoring (if defense was a consideration The Worm would have been a perennial All-Star and Bradley would be a multiple All-Star as well) but who would you rather have, him or Jaylen?  The only player I can see that was taken in the top 10 that has an upside comparable to Danny's pick, and that I would have swapped for Jaylen (not including the unavailable Ben Simmons) is Marquese Chriss.  To round out the top 10, Poetl won't be that good and Thon Maker, well, talk about not having NBA strength.  I liked Maker but he's only getting 8.3mpg on a team that could use a little something, as opposed to Boston who has quality veterans in front of Brown at the 2 and 3.  Despite that Brown is still averaging twice as many minutes as Maker.  Is Jason Kidd that stupid, or is he seeing things in practice and in the trainer's reports that is making him limit Maker's minutes?

My point behind this whole rant is that where we are today started even before that extremely emotional and distressful trade of Pierce and KG.  It started with the trade of Perk for uber-athletic KrypBronite Jeff Green and floor-stretching center Nenad Krstic (who left for Europe because of that stupid NBA strike).  I know how you feel about that specific trade, but that was the first shot fired by Danny in fulfilling the vision that has gotten us to where we are on 3/28/17 and Perk, for all his intangibles that you and I both love, didn't fit anymore.  The days of needing a player who could stop Dwight Howard one-on-one are gone, if they ever existed.  He had one year on a good team, Orlando made it to the Finals vs the Lakers, but every other team he has been on has declined with him.  He, and Perk and other players like them, are obsolete and have been for 5 years and Danny saw that before any of us. 


bob


.

I do agree with much of what you have stated but not everything.

First off it is too early to make any  informative assertions about how good any of these players will be given the upside perception. But if that is what you want to do we should at least be factual.

The Celtics could have drafted Buddy Hield because they went into the off season still needing to address their outside shooting accuracy.  As you know that was the main reason why I thought that Hield should have been picked.  At the same time I understand why DA went with an athletic SF who may be able to also play the 2. However Jaylen was drafted although he had questionable shooting skills. That is a fact.

I have seen nothing from  Jalen that tells me that he is going to be a knock down shooter.  The numbers speak for themselves.

Buddy started off slow which is pretty typical from rookies.  For the year he is averaging 10 PPG and shooting 42% from the field and .386 from behind the arc.  he also is making his free throws at a .864%  He was recently traded to the kings and has played 17 games.  Result.  He is averaging 14.7 PPG and shooting a blistering .489% from the field and a very impressive .430% from behind the arc (5.5 attempts per game) and .848% from the line.  Throw in 3.9 boards.  

Jaylen Brown is still a work in progress in terms of his shot making abilities.  .456% from the field (mainly because he can flat out get to the rim) but his 3 point shooting is bad at .327% and he is also weak at the line at .670.  For the year he is averaging 6.5 points.

Both of these players are everything that I expected at this point.  If the 2016 draft was happening today I would still take Hield over Brown.  DA decided he wanted Jaylen another non shooter.  he decided he wanted Smart another non shooter.  He decided he wanted Terry Rozier another non shooter.  

The Boston Celtics are launching 33 three point shots per game and if they had drafted Hield their percentage would be higher.  

Yes I think Danny has done a fantastic job but there remains a few warts and they cannot be masked with lipstick.

The Celtics could have and should have drafted Hield last year and then they could draft Jackson or even Tatum this year.  

The bottom line is that Danny Ainge overlooks too many good shooters in the draft and that is why I hope he goes with Fultz if available.

dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by swish on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:12 pm

Still a very good chance, in my opinion, that Danny's high draft picks with all there projected future greatness, will still be used to acquire an ESTABLISHED elite player or two. That includes the already drafted Smart and Brown.

swish

swish

Posts : 2215
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 85

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by dboss on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:31 pm

swish wrote:Still a very good chance, in my opinion, that Danny's high draft picks with all there projected future greatness, will still be used to acquire an ESTABLISHED elite player or two. That includes the already drafted Smart and Brown.

 swish

I think that is certainly a possibility although if you consider the trajectory of how far and how fast this team has come without having to part with key core players or picks it is just as likely that the Celtics will not trade Smart and or Brown for that so called Elite player.

When I look at a great team like SA, they have one legit superstar in Leonard yet there they are again at the top of the mountain. The Spurs configuration proves that you do not have to have 2 and 3 elite players to win. Some may argue that Aldridge is an Elite player but to me he is a younger version of AH without the passing skills.

You'll not convince me that the way to a championship is by trading for elite level talent.

I think the free agency route and keeping your high draft picks is the best way to go. Also let me again mention that we really do not need upgrades at the 1, 2 or 3 spots, I like where we are and all I can say is more of the same please.


dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by swish on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:40 pm

dboss wrote:
swish wrote:Still a very good chance, in my opinion, that Danny's high draft picks with all there projected future greatness, will still be used to acquire an ESTABLISHED elite player or two. That includes the already drafted Smart and Brown.

 swish

I think that is certainly a possibility although if you consider the trajectory of how far and how fast this team has come without having to part with key core players or picks it is just as likely that the Celtics will not trade Smart and or Brown for that so called Elite player.

When I look at a great team like SA, they have one legit superstar in Leonard yet there they are again at the top of the mountain.  The Spurs configuration proves that you do not have to have 2 and 3 elite players to win.  Some may argue that Aldridge is an Elite player but to me he is a younger version of AH without the passing skills.

You'll not convince me that the way to a championship is by trading for elite level talent.

I think the free agency route and keeping your high draft picks is the best way to go.  Also let me again mention that we really do not need upgrades at the 1, 2 or 3 spots,  I like where we are and all I can say is more of the same please.







dboss

dboss

You obviously have strong feelings in regards to your below statement - and I certainly respect your opinion, especially on a subject that can tend to be somewhat controversial.

"You'll not convince me that the way to a championship is by trading for elite level talent."

I have a different view - simply because of the below facts.
Over the last 9 years the championship team has won the league championship 6 times - after having traded for an elite level talent or 2.
In 2007-08 the Celtics added Allen and Garnett
In 2008-09 the Lakers added Paul Gasol
In 2009-10 they won again
in 2011-12 the Heat added Bosh and James
in 2012-13 they won again
in 2015-16 the Cavs added Love

If the opportunity arises for the Celts to land an established elite player in the next 2 or 3 years - I''l be surprised if Danny doesn't go all in to land him. He's done it before.

swish

swish

Posts : 2215
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 85

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavs Getting Smoked By Spurs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum