swish
tjmakz
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
Shamrock1000
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fultz's comments on potentially playing with IT - Page 2 Empty Re: Fultz's comments on potentially playing with IT

Post by fierce Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:28 pm

kdp59

Sixers were inquiring about Bradley's availability at the trade deadline last Feb.
It was on the day of the trade deadline.

I think the Sixers will not be afraid of losing AB in free-agency.
The Sixers have so much money to spend this summer.
And the #5 pick will most probably be Monk, Dennis Smith, Isaac, Fox, or Markkanen.

I think AB is the better option, if you're the Sixers, than those 5 players.

Sixers are going to make a playoff push next season.
They're going to need veteran players because they have so many young and inexperienced players.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Fultz's comments on potentially playing with IT - Page 2 Empty Re: Fultz's comments on potentially playing with IT

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:14 pm

tjmakz wrote:Here's the part about Fultz motor.
If he's not drafted #1, this will probably be why.

"He has a very casual approach to the game, which manifests itself on both ends of the floor, and makes him look like he's operating at half speed at times. Offensively, he has a tendency to get too cute at times with his finishes inside the paint, passes and shot-selection, as he takes a lot of tough, contested looks in the mid-range area, and finished the season shooting just 50% from 2-point range. He will turn the ball over at times trying to get too fancy with his moves or passes, attempting to thread the needle for impossible highlight reel passes". - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Markelle-Fultz-90302/ ©DraftExpress

TJ,

I would say this may be a case where it's a matter of interpretation.

I didn't see him as half-speed or casual at all.  I'd say if anything he projected a high degree of confidence.  Perhaps to the point of being a little over-confident at times.  As Fierce mentioned, if there was any appearance of being casual, it's because the kid could take over as he pleased.  Confidence.  Or over-confidence.  He's 18.  That's the main issue here.  18 and without debate ready to step in and play NBA ball.  I think he'll get a lesson or two that will humble him, and probably pretty quick at that.  We all did around that age, when we thought we were hotshots.  If that's the downside to this player, I could live with it easily.

I'd be very happy with Fultz. If we land #1...

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:09 am

Just for the record - I'm hoping that Danny can cut a deal for an established elite player - even if it involves the Nets #1 pick.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:26 am

swish wrote:Just for the record - I'm hoping that Danny can cut a deal for an established elite player - even if it involves the Nets #1 pick.

swish

Ainge can get creative and offer the 2018 Nets pick, but with protection.

I also want Jimmy Butler or Paul George on the Celtics next season.

I think it's time Ainge trades Crowder and Bradley.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:31 am

fierce wrote:
swish wrote:Just for the record - I'm hoping that Danny can cut a deal for an established elite player - even if it involves the Nets #1 pick.

swish

Fierce,

Do you watch a lot of college hoops?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 am

Trade Bradley, yes.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:45 am

bobheckler wrote:
fierce wrote:

swish

Fierce,

Do you watch a lot of college hoops?

bob

Not a lot.

Usually, I only watch college games that feature potential lottery picks.

This season I was following Fultz, Ball, and Tatum.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:36 am

Fierce, what do you think of bringing Rondo back?

LOL...sorry I had to, bring you back to those old Boston.com days!!!

Twisted Evil
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 am

kdp59 wrote:Fierce, what do you think of bringing Rondo back?

Twisted Evil

Rondo's just not a good fit in Brad's system.

The NBA game has changed.
Right now teams like the Rockets and Celtics are winning games relying on 3-pointers.
For an offense like that to work, it's a must that the PG is a shooter.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

NYCelt wrote:
tjmakz wrote:Here's the part about Fultz motor.
If he's not drafted #1, this will probably be why.

"He has a very casual approach to the game, which manifests itself on both ends of the floor, and makes him look like he's operating at half speed at times. Offensively, he has a tendency to get too cute at times with his finishes inside the paint, passes and shot-selection, as he takes a lot of tough, contested looks in the mid-range area, and finished the season shooting just 50% from 2-point range. He will turn the ball over at times trying to get too fancy with his moves or passes, attempting to thread the needle for impossible highlight reel passes". - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Markelle-Fultz-90302/ ©DraftExpress

TJ,

I would say this may be a case where it's a matter of interpretation.

I didn't see him as half-speed or casual at all.  I'd say if anything he projected a high degree of confidence.  Perhaps to the point of being a little over-confident at times.  As Fierce mentioned, if there was any appearance of being casual, it's because the kid could take over as he pleased.  Confidence.  Or over-confidence.  He's 18.  That's the main issue here.  18 and without debate ready to step in and play NBA ball.  I think he'll get a lesson or two that will humble him, and probably pretty quick at that.  We all did around that age, when we thought we were hotshots.  If that's the downside to this player, I could live with it easily.

I'd be very happy with Fultz.  If we land #1...

Regards

Washington Huskies fans probably wished Fultz used his confidence to make his teammates better and to produce wins.
Washington had averaged over 21 wins per season over the last 13 seasons. They won 9 this year with Fultz at PG.
Fultz casual approach to the game reminds me of D'Angelo Russell. Yes, Fultz gets to the rim better than Russell does.

There have been many clear cut #1 picks over the years, such as Towns, Wiggins, A. Davis, Wall, Rose, LeBron and many others.
I don't feel this is a year with a true #1 pick.
The tryouts will determine who will go #1.
I like players with a strong motor and fire in them.
I believe Ball and Jackson have that. I don't feel Fultz or Tatum have that fire or aggression on the court.
If the Lakers are lucky enough to keep their pick this year, Ball does scare me some with the amount of drama and baggage that will come with him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am

What I do like about Ball is his Rondo like intelligence on the court. I don't like his build.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:08 pm

worcester wrote:What I do like about Ball is his Rondo like intelligence on the court. I don't like his build.

Ball's build can be developed.

What I don't like about Ball is he doesn't have an in between game like Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

It's either a 3-pointer or a drive to the basket for Ball.

Ball doesn't have a pull up jumper or a mid-range game.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 pm

fierce wrote:

Twisted Evil

Right now teams like the Rockets and Celtics are winning games relying on 3-pointers.

hey i wasn't serious, just busting your chops a little bit about the old days over there. Perhaps my memory is faulty but I though you were always into the old Rondo debates that went on and on over there.

over here the debates are more civil and about Kelly O now....LOL

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 pm

kdp59 wrote:
fierce wrote:

Twisted Evil

hey i wasn't serious, just busting your chops a little bit about the old days over there. Perhaps my memory  is faulty but I though you were always into the old Rondo debates that went on and on over there.

over here the debates are more civil and about Kelly O now....LOL

I have moved on from Rondo a long time ago.

Kelly O is one of my favorite Celtic players.
I think he's a keeper if the price is right.

If you thought the Rondo debates in the old days were bad, you should visit Mployee's Celtics forum.
They will drive you nuts!
Larry Sanders is like the next Robert Parish over there.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2