Imagine This Possibility

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imagine This Possibility

Post by bobheckler on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:38 pm

If we win this series with Washington (I'm not counting my chickens but we are up 1-0, have home court advantage and not down 0-1) and go to the Conference Finals against Toronto or Cleveland, Brad Stevens will have taken his team further than Doc Rivers has taken his LA Clippers in the same number of years and Brad did it through a complete tear down and rebuild while Doc inherited a team with 3 All-League players on it.

Amazing.  Brad is a genius.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Re: Imagine This Possibility

Post by worcester on Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 am

I was thinking that very same thing. Brad now has a better team than does Doc. Injuries are a bitch.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Mon May 01, 2017 3:00 am

I really think Brad deserves coach of the year.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Mon May 01, 2017 11:54 am

Doc has a tremendous personality and ability to communicate. But I remember lots of Fire Doc signs for years and I've not seen one Fire Brad sign. That's a sign. COY would be another.
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Mon May 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Stevens is good during games like Rivers was, but Stevens far exceeds Rivers in the department of player development.

This is why Stevens is already winning plenty of games with players who have or had far less NBA experience than the majority of players that Rivers had.

I have to believe that just about everyone in and around the NBA has to know by now that Stevens and his great staff have proven themselves as great developers of athletic ability.

If the money is close and opportunity is going to be equal, I cannot believe that every young guy with NBA aspirations would not want to play for Stevens.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by beat on Mon May 01, 2017 12:58 pm

wideclyde wrote:Stevens is good during games like Rivers was, but Stevens far exceeds Rivers in the department of player development.

This is why Stevens is already winning plenty of games with players who have or had far less NBA experience than the majority of players that Rivers had.

I have to believe that just about everyone in and around the NBA has to know by now that Stevens and his great staff have proven themselves as great developers of athletic ability.  

If the money is close and opportunity is going to be equal, I cannot believe that every young guy with NBA aspirations would not want to play for Stevens.

if you heard his post game he explained why he put Brown in pretty well. Knowing that Brown had played Bogdanovic pretty tough in an early meeting (from watching film) he did not hesitate to put the rook out there and he not only shut down the guy but made a couple of nice plays making a trey and dishing for another.

I don't think another coach has his team more prepared and is able to make a key adjustment during a game better than Brad. I know we are use to watching his demeanor on the bench while most everyone is going nuts he looks like he just left a church service most of the time. He'll bark a little about a questionable call then turn it off and go right back to his calculations in his mind. Wish I knew what his blood pressure is normally and what it is during the heat of a game. I know mine got a little high yesterday.

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top