bobheckler
fierce
Matty
kdp59
Rmbone
16 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 4 Empty Re: Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics

Post by worcester Thu May 18, 2017 10:43 am

P.S. Don't overlook Jaylen's 9 rebounds in 19+ minutes either, tops for the Celts. His plus/minus also was the best, no?

His rookie mistake against Tristan was a learning opportunity for him, one he will commit less often in the future. Then there is his poise. As a rookie no less! We need more of him on the floor. And what is the point when looking to develop a team that will win #18 in giving Jaylen's minutes to Gerald Green, someone who will not develop into a better player, someone who has already surpassed his ceiling, and someone who will not be around when we make our championship run??? I don't get the long term logic.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 4 Empty Re: Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics

Post by fierce Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 am

worcester wrote:To anyone who will listen,  Jaylen is a better defender against LeBron than anyone else on the Celts. He has the length, strength, and quickness to defend James one on one without needing help. That is not to say he will stop LeBron, but last night there was only one possession when Jaylen guarded him when LeBron had an easy trip to the basket. Every other time he harrassed LeBron into taking a less than ideal shot. Jaylen may be able to keep James to 30 points a game. Not super D, true, but no one else can do any better than that alone OR EVEN COME CLOSE ON THIS CELTICS TEAM, and Jaylen's D on LeBron frees up our other defenders to clamp down on the rest of the Cavs. Our help defense was completely ineffective against LeBron, and it allowed other Cavs players to score against us more easily.

To those who say Jaylen is not a good scorer, he was 5 for 7 last night, and he would have been 7 for 9 had not two Celts - Kelly and Marcus - made stupid and unnecessary fouls to assist his basket making, fouls which took his points off the board. How can anyone not see that Jaylen has a monster game going to the hoop, one for which the Cavs have no answer? He scored 10 points (really 14) in 19+ minutes, by far the most efficient Celtic scorer on the floor last night. Jae is simply not tall or long or quick enough to guard LeBron. Kelly did his very best, but he is too slow and too weak to counter LeBron at the perimeter. Even when Kelly had his hand on the ball, LeBron was strong enough to just rip it away and score off the dribble. Avery? He could never defend against James. Al? Same problems as Kelly. No, we need to start Jaylen and keep him on LeBron. Let the other Celts do their work on D against the other Cavs. Jaylen will score 20 a game given decent minutes, while LeBron will have to work for 30 AND not be as effective a passer to his teammates.

Going forward, I do like Bob's idea of getting Jackson and Saric from Philly for Fultz, but that'll never happen. Jackson won't be able to guard LeBron, not strong enough, but he could play the 2 while Jaylen plays the 3. Hayward and Fultz? I'm still not sold on Hayward. We shall see.

I myself prefer Paul George over Gordon Hayward.
But unless the Celtic owner is lying, it's looking like they're all in on Hayward.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 am

kdp59 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
[Givony] Word out of LA is Lonzo Ball is heavy favorite at #2, but will take a long hard look at De'Aaron Fox too. Hoping for a head to head workout.

I can't read the tweet, because Givony blocked me on twitter for telling him he was sleeping on Thon Maker. But here's the link https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6boxqq/givony_word_out_of_la_is_lonzo_ball_is_heavy/

Imagine being able to trade down to #3 and still get Josh Jackson. The problem is #3 is the 76ers, and we'd face Fultz 4 times a year for better or worse.

Imagine a McHale/Parish trade with Philly, #1 (Fultz) for #3 Jackson and Okafor.

bob

Bob, you are a genius!!!

but I also agree that Saric instead of Okafor makes it a knockdown deal.

I like it.....get it done Danny.

Saric is already better than Kelly and is under a rookie deal for 3 more years. No need to pay Kelly $12 m or more then.

That money and Zellers' $8M non guaranteed can be sued to sign the best big man FA out there. with up to $20M Ibaka, Noel and Plumleee could all be in play.

and to make EVERYONE on the board happy...Danny can then trade #3 and Bradley for J. Butler.

there off-season done now.

Roster

Horford
Ibaka, Noel or Plumlee-FA
Zizic-Rook
Saric-Trade
Yabusele-Rook
Mickey
Crowder
Jaylen
Nader-Rook
Butler- Trade
Smart
Thomas
Rozier
Jackson

Money to sign Jerebko or Green back , perhaps both if Jackson and/or Mickey are released.

that was easy....

kdp,

It takes two to tango, and Philly might be willing to give up Okafor more than Saric.  That's not a sure thing like it was a year ago because the trade rumors of Jah coming here was before Philly traded Nerlens Noel to Dallas.  Now, they don't have that surplus of bigs anymore.  As far as Saric goes, not only do they like him they don't have much depth behind him.  On the other hand, they desperately need an upgrade to their back court and Fultz (or Ball) would give them that.

And I don't see Chicago trading Butler for #3 unless you throw in Crowder and Bradley too. The ESPN Trade Machine says this deal works.

I would prefer Saric too, I just didn't see that as a deal Philly would be interested in.

As far as fierce's contention that Philly wouldn't trade #3 and Saric for Fultz, I would tend to agree, HOWEVER, a primo talent like Fultz is hard to pass by especially since the next top picks are SFs and that spot is already filled by Saric.  Could they pass over Jackson and Tatum and go for Monk or Fox or Smith?  Sure, and they might if they draft for need rather than best available, but Fultz has been the consensus #1 pick all year and Tatum and Jackson are both underweight for their positions (both are 6'8", 204#).  By comparison, Terry Rozier is 190# but is only 6'1", and Marcus Smart, well, he's a Peterbilt compared to them.  It will take years for them to fill out where they are physically ready to do anything more than play on the outside.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 18, 2017 10:59 am

fierce wrote:
worcester wrote:To anyone who will listen,  Jaylen is a better defender against LeBron than anyone else on the Celts. He has the length, strength, and quickness to defend James one on one without needing help. That is not to say he will stop LeBron, but last night there was only one possession when Jaylen guarded him when LeBron had an easy trip to the basket. Every other time he harrassed LeBron into taking a less than ideal shot. Jaylen may be able to keep James to 30 points a game. Not super D, true, but no one else can do any better than that alone OR EVEN COME CLOSE ON THIS CELTICS TEAM, and Jaylen's D on LeBron frees up our other defenders to clamp down on the rest of the Cavs. Our help defense was completely ineffective against LeBron, and it allowed other Cavs players to score against us more easily.

To those who say Jaylen is not a good scorer, he was 5 for 7 last night, and he would have been 7 for 9 had not two Celts - Kelly and Marcus - made stupid and unnecessary fouls to assist his basket making, fouls which took his points off the board. How can anyone not see that Jaylen has a monster game going to the hoop, one for which the Cavs have no answer? He scored 10 points (really 14) in 19+ minutes, by far the most efficient Celtic scorer on the floor last night. Jae is simply not tall or long or quick enough to guard LeBron. Kelly did his very best, but he is too slow and too weak to counter LeBron at the perimeter. Even when Kelly had his hand on the ball, LeBron was strong enough to just rip it away and score off the dribble. Avery? He could never defend against James. Al? Same problems as Kelly. No, we need to start Jaylen and keep him on LeBron. Let the other Celts do their work on D against the other Cavs. Jaylen will score 20 a game given decent minutes, while LeBron will have to work for 30 AND not be as effective a passer to his teammates.

Going forward, I do like Bob's idea of getting Jackson and Saric from Philly for Fultz, but that'll never happen. Jackson won't be able to guard LeBron, not strong enough, but he could play the 2 while Jaylen plays the 3. Hayward and Fultz? I'm still not sold on Hayward. We shall see.

But unless the Celtic owner is lying, it's looking like they're all in on Hayward.

Fierce,

I agree about George over Butler, and I don't believe a word that comes out of Danny's or Wyc's or Pagliuca's mouths when it comes to personnel coming or going. However, we also have to take into account that George is showing a clear preference for LA. Only a fool would sign him an dhope he re-signs with us and Danny and Wyc are no fools. Paul George would need to commit to us first, like KG did on that deal, before we see Paul George here.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 am

bobheckler wrote:
fierce wrote:

Fierce,

I agree about George over Butler, and I don't believe a word that comes out of Danny's or Wyc's or Pagliuca's mouths when it comes to personnel coming or going.  However, we also have to take into account that George is showing a clear preference for LA.  Only a fool would sign him an dhope he re-signs with us and Danny and Wyc are no fools.  Paul George would need to commit to us first, like KG did on that deal, before we see Paul George here.

bob

Agree.

Regarding Hayward, NBA analysts and Grousbeck say Celts are all in for Gordon Hayward.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu May 18, 2017 11:35 am

My trade proposal for trading the #1 pick:

Celtics get Porzingis and the #8 pick from the Knicks

Knicks get #1 pick and Jae Crowder from the Celtics
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu May 18, 2017 11:41 am

fierce wrote:My trade proposal for trading the #1 pick:

If you were the Knicks would you make this trade?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 am

tjmakz wrote:

TJ,

If I was Phil and I believed there was truth behind the rumors of Porzingis being unhappy with the Knicks, I might. We know he covets Jae Crowder very much. We know he would love a high-quality rookie contract replacement for DRose. Phil might insist that Melo be included in the deal. He certainly would try his best to replace Porzingis with Melo, but I'd be fall down shocked if Danny went for that.

This is not a likely trade scenario, not by a long shot, unless the mini-drama we are seeing swirling around the Knicks and Zinger is real. Then it goes from 10% to 30% and perhaps over 50/50 if he can convince Danny to take Melo too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu May 18, 2017 12:09 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

TJ,

If I was Phil and I believed there was truth behind the rumors of Porzingis being unhappy with the Knicks, I might.  We know he covets Jae Crowder very much.  We know he would love a high-quality rookie contract replacement for DRose.  Phil might insist that Melo be included in the deal.  He certainly would try his best to replace Porzingis with Melo, but I'd be fall down shocked if Danny went for that.

This is not a likely trade scenario, not by a long shot, unless the mini-drama we are seeing swirling around the Knicks and Zinger is real.  Then it goes from 10% to 30% and perhaps over 50/50 if he can convince Danny to take Melo too.

bob

Bob,

This is a very pro-Boston slanted trade idea.
NY needs a number of players, not just one good prospect, like the #1 pick.
I think NY should trade down from the #8 pic. Maybe trade the #8 and #44 to Portland for the numbers 15, 20 and 26.
It looks like Portland will have 13 players already on their roster. I doubt they can add (3) 1st rounders with guaranteed contracts.
I don't see anyway NY would trade Porzingis to the Celtics unless the trade blew them away.
I would think they would rather send his to a western conference team.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 18, 2017 12:31 pm

tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

TJ,

If I was Phil and I believed there was truth behind the rumors of Porzingis being unhappy with the Knicks, I might.  We know he covets Jae Crowder very much.  We know he would love a high-quality rookie contract replacement for DRose.  Phil might insist that Melo be included in the deal.  He certainly would try his best to replace Porzingis with Melo, but I'd be fall down shocked if Danny went for that.

This is not a likely trade scenario, not by a long shot, unless the mini-drama we are seeing swirling around the Knicks and Zinger is real.  Then it goes from 10% to 30% and perhaps over 50/50 if he can convince Danny to take Melo too.

bob

Bob,

I think NY should trade down from the #8 pic. Maybe trade the #8 and #44 to Portland for the numbers 15, 20 and 26.
It looks like Portland will have 13 players already on their roster. I doubt they can add (3) 1st rounders with guaranteed contracts.
I don't see anyway NY would trade Porzingis to the Celtics unless the trade blew them away.

TJ,

1. To make any deal that includes Melo there would have to be multiple players from Boston to make the salary $ work. So, no, it wouldn't just be Crowder, it would have to include perhaps Bradley and maybe a sign-and-trade with Olynyk (if he wants to replace Zinger with another passing/shooting big).

2. Of course he'd like to trade Zinger to the WC, but who has the assets he'd want? He is NOT trading Zinger, straight up or even close to it, for anybody in the west of less stature than Kawhi (not happening) or The Freak (also not happening). I doubt Phil would trade him to the Lakers and take any of their young'uns in the trade. He could trade with Doc and the Clippers for Blake Griffin and Redick, but I don't see that as likely either. Wanting to trade him to the WC to get him out of his conference is one thing, and finding a trading partner in the WC that can offer an enticing package is another.

3. Yes, the deal would have to be very alluring (which, to me, means Melo is part of it) AND the Porzingis rumors have to be true.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu May 18, 2017 12:31 pm

It will be interesting to see how much this series against Cleveland will factor into Boston's decision with the #1 pick. If IT struggles, would they lock in a point guard with the #1?

There is a story on CBS Sports today about trading IT.
I can't say I disagree with the idea for Boston.
It's very risky to have to pay IT $25m-$30m per year over 4 years.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/blasted-by-cavs-no-1-pick-in-hand-celtics-must-consider-trading-isaiah-thomas/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu May 18, 2017 12:42 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

TJ,

bob

Bob,

TJ,

1.  To make any deal that includes Melo there would have to be multiple players from Boston to make the salary $ work.  So, no, it wouldn't just be Crowder, it would have to include perhaps Bradley and maybe a sign-and-trade with Olynyk (if he wants to replace Zinger with another passing/shooting big).

2.  Of course he'd like to trade Zinger to the WC, but who has the assets he'd want?  He is NOT trading Zinger, straight up or even close to it, for anybody in the west of less stature than Kawhi (not happening) or The Freak (also not happening).  I doubt Phil would trade him to the Lakers and take any of their young'uns in the trade.  He could trade with Doc and the Clippers for Blake Griffin and Redick, but I don't see that as likely either.  Wanting to trade him to the WC to get him out of his conference is one thing, and finding a trading partner in the WC that can offer an enticing package is another.

3.  Yes, the deal would have to be very alluring (which, to me, means Melo is part of it) AND the Porzingis rumors have to be true.

bob

bob,

Fierce's trade proposal did not include Carmelo.
That's the one I am replying to.
I am ignoring all Carmelo multiple player trade ideas.
With his salary alone, it makes it hard to trade him with other assets.
Trade proposals for Carmelo are probably a big waste of energy.
If I was NY, I would much rather have Sacramento's #5 and #10 for Porzingis, then have to send Porzingis and the #8 for #1 and Crowder.
Phoenix also have assets they could trade to NY.
I don't view any pick in this draft as head and shoulders above others.
There is no franchise changing player that teams would do anything to trade for.
There's not even consensus as to who will be drafted #1.

ESPN recently interviewed the 14 GM's that are in the lottery.
They were all asked who would they take with the #1 pick.
7 chose Fultz and 7 chose Ball.
That was eye opening.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Fri May 19, 2017 8:49 am

Jordan Schultz‏Verified account @Schultz_Report 10h10 hours ago
More
Multiple teams have fallen in love w/Josh Jackson. Is perhaps highest upside player in this draft and has a legit shot to go first overall.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/865392178670862336

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 am

#1 and jae for Porzingis makes no sense to me at all...way overpaying for Zinger...way too much.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 am

Josh Jackson: Why NBA Teams Are Tanking This Year

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 pm

worcester wrote:#1 and jae for Porzingis makes no sense to me at all...way overpaying for Zinger...way too much.

Agreed.

I would trade the #1 pick and Jae for PG13 (plus his commitment to resign)

Indiana might like this deal if they think he will bolt anyways.

of course if the Celtics did this they would have to keep IT and that would drive up the price and then they would not keep AB which means we would not be that much better than were before.  At that point we would have 3 max level contracts on the books.

I say just be happy we have finally been blessed with THE # 1 pick and use it to draft a can't miss player

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue May 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Projected NBA Draft lottery pick Josh Jackson to take anger management courses

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/projected-nba-draft-lottery-pick-josh-jackson-to-take-anger-management-courses/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue May 23, 2017 4:33 pm

He had that incident where he beat up a car.

Smart had the incident where he took on a fan.

I knew about the Jackson incident but did not see a reason to mention it because with or without the incident the Celtics are still going to draft Fultz.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 am

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 4 Screen10
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed May 24, 2017 7:45 am

Carol Maloney ✔ @carolmaloney4
Delivered souvenir picked up in Boston for projected top pick @MarkelleF. More tonight on @nbcwashington #Celtics #nba @DeMathaCatholic
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed May 24, 2017 7:46 am

Looks like Fultz already has an NBA body like Jaylen Brown.

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 4 Daixyl10
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed May 24, 2017 11:47 am

fierce wrote:Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 4 Screen10

fierce,

That's a great preview picture that you posted.

Hopefully the next similar one we see is in a game jersey.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 pm

fierce wrote:Looks like Fultz already has an NBA body like Jaylen Brown.

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 4 Daixyl10

How small are those other two guys that a 6'4", 194# kid looks like Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed)?

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 4 Image48

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed May 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Celtics dont need anohter offensive project, they need a polished scorer.
Celtics dont need another SF - they have Jaylen Brown (better athlete than jackson) and either Jae Crowder or Gordon Hayward coming.
Celtics dont need a troubled personality like Jackson. No thanks.

Fultz is smart, mature, comes from a good family and has a game that is NBA ready. He is a Brandon Roy type player (remember him ROY before the injuries piled up) who can play in the system NOW.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed May 24, 2017 1:32 pm

Jackson shoots 38% from 3 but he's an "offensive project".
Fultz shoots 41% from 3 and he's a polished scorer?

Jackson went to Kansas where he could compete for a championship, playing alongside the Naismith Player of the Year who averaged 21 points.

Fultz went to Washington, who were never going to win anything, so he could put up maximum shots and showcase himself the best.

Jackson and Fultz had the exact same true shooting %, .559% for Jackson Vs .558 for Fultz. Jackson even out-shot Fultz from 3 in conference play, 43.5% Vs 38% for Fultz.

The fact is Fultz simply took more shots than Jackson, because he went to a school where he could do that.

Jackson's defense, athleticism, size, and motor is night and day better than Fultz's. And he's about the same level as a scorer, he just didn't pick a garbage college program to make himself look the best, he went to a place where he could compete as a member of a team.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next