what about the 2nd round of the 2017 Draft

4 posters

Go down

what about the 2nd round of the 2017 Draft Empty what about the 2nd round of the 2017 Draft

Post by dboss Tue May 23, 2017 5:17 pm

With all the attention being paid to our first pick in the draft there has been little to no talk about the 3 2nd round picks that we own.

The Celtics may be in position to draft a big and continue to stock our Euro farm club with a prospect ot two.  

The second round provides a real opportunity to add under valued assets that will not require a lot of money.

I have my eye on the freshman center from UCLA.  His name is Ike Inigbogu, a 250 lbs 6' 10" center that owns a 7' 6" wingspan.  He is a project but has the physical makeup that may pay dividends down the road.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

what about the 2nd round of the 2017 Draft Empty Re: what about the 2nd round of the 2017 Draft

Post by kdp59 Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Tony Bradley might be a nice pick with the early pick, if Danny is looking for someone to compete for a roster spot over Mickey.

7-2 Jonthan Jeanne might be a draft and stasher, he'd probably two years away from maybe being two years away.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

what about the 2nd round of the 2017 Draft Empty Re: what about the 2nd round of the 2017 Draft

Post by dboss Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 pm

kdp59 wrote:Tony Bradley might be a nice pick with the early pick, if Danny is looking for someone to compete for a roster spot over Mickey.

7-2 Jonthan Jeanne might be a draft and stasher, he'd probably two years away from maybe being two years away.

Definitely those two as well as the 7 footer from Latvia.  Can't remember his name.  Also the PF Swanigan who is reported to be a beast on the glass

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue May 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Tomorrow is the day that players have to decide whether they will stay in the draft or withdraw from the draft.
I'm not sure if he will stay in, but if he does, I would draft Tacko Fall with a 2nd round pick.
I've mentioned him before.
He's 7'6" with wingspan over 8 feet.
In my opinion, he could be a defensive presence similar to Rudy Gobert.
He's taller and longer than Rudy.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 23, 2017 7:46 pm

2nd round?  You got it...big man time!  Try and find that defensive minded, rebounding, live-in-the-paint forward.

My first choice would be Thomas Bryant, but it now looks like he'll be gone in the first round.  He would have future starting potential at C.  Jeanne also may go in the first round.

Swanigan would be a very nice pick.  A little undersized at 6'9", however, but with a decent wingspan and an aggressive, hard-nosed attitude.  I also like Johnathan Motley, from Baylor, but he's also 6'9." Although he played in a zone, he does look like the rim protector everyone is longing for.  Great on the O boards too, which is where we need help in a major way.

If we find a FA big to go after, I'd be tempted to look at Oregon's Dillon Brooks with the 37th pick.  I think he could be a real second round sleeper, and will play SF somewhere in the NBA.  His 3-pt perimeter shooting wasn't his strength in the early going, hence the risk.  We don't need someone redundant of Brown and Smart.  He did show significant improvement from beyond the arc, however, which, combined with his other skills, makes him very NBA ready.

Whoever we grab at 53 and 56 won't much have a chance.  I was thinking we package those picks together and trade with LA for beat's son, who's going to do video there, or maybe one of the Laker Girls.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue May 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Tough choice between  Beat's son and one of the Laker girls.

Thanks for your input.  I'm going to look closely at all the players mentioned.

With our recent luck we may be able to get a steal in round 2.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 23, 2017 8:28 pm

dboss,

I also agree with you on Anigbogu. I'd rather have him than any F/C I mentioned, except possibly our home-boy Bryant. I just expect he'll go no worse than mid-first round, so I neglected to mention him. My short attention span acting up.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed May 24, 2017 7:42 am

Swanigan was supposedly a beast at Purdue and I read he has a HUGE wingspan.

Bryant would be a great pick, if we still played basketball with old school centers.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down