UNDERSTANDING THE CBA

3 posters

Go down

UNDERSTANDING THE CBA Empty UNDERSTANDING THE CBA

Post by dboss Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 am

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

I am curious about cap holds. How is it calculated and how does it affect the Celtics.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

UNDERSTANDING THE CBA Empty Re: UNDERSTANDING THE CBA

Post by kdp59 Fri May 26, 2017 11:58 am

this should help dboss, its the best site i've found that shows holds along with salary for NBA teams

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/2017/

shows all cap holds except for the draft pick right now. #1 pick is I believe a hold in the $5-6M range.

Zeller , Mickey and Jackson's contracts are non guaranteed at this point, thus in italics

our cap holds are listed for all Free agents, they stay on our cap until they sign elsewhere, resign here ( at which point the new salary is on our cap instead of the hold) or we renounce the players rights.

Cap hold are also placed for Rookies drafted in the first round. and not shown at that link right now.

H I hope that helps explain it, but it can be pretty confusing and I don't pretend to understand all the ins and outs.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri May 26, 2017 1:27 pm

kdp59 wrote:this should help dboss, its the best site i've found that shows holds along with salary for NBA teams

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/cap/2017/

shows all cap holds except for the draft pick right now. #1 pick is I believe a hold in the $5-6M range.

Zeller , Mickey and Jackson's contracts are non guaranteed at this point, thus in italics

our cap holds are listed for all Free agents, they stay on our cap until they sign elsewhere, resign here ( at which point the new salary is on our cap instead of the hold) or we renounce the players rights.

Cap hold are also placed for Rookies drafted in the first round. and not shown at that link right now.

H I hope that helps explain it, but it can be pretty confusing and I don't pretend to understand all the ins and outs.

Kdp59.. Thanks for this information.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Cap holds are based mostly on Bird Exception status and where the player is on his contract. The results create a multiplier, which is applied to his last year's contract.

I will supply a link to Question 38 in Larry Coon's FAQ website when I get on my laptop.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down