Dwight Howard Working On Three-Pointer In Offseason

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:15 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246168/Dwight-Howard-Working-On-Three-Pointer-In-Offseason

JUN 6, 2017 8:28 PM

Dwight Howard said he's working on his three-point shot despite making just five in his entire career on 56 attempts.

Howard is also a career 53 percent shooter on the line.

“I have this guy in Atlanta I’ve been working with,” Howard said on ESPN’s The Jump. “I’ve been working on my threes, really trying to add some range to my game, which is gonna be weird for people to see, I guess, because they’re used to seeing me in the paint, battling, but in order for me to play longer, I have to expand my game.”

bob
MY NOTE: I don't know whether to laugh or cry. He can't hit fritos, for Pete's sake! The only year he has ever shot over 60% from the line was his first year, in 2005! He is one of the worst shooting bigs from outside in the league (a title, I hope, Ante Zizic doesn't take away from him).

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Re: Dwight Howard Working On Three-Pointer In Offseason

Post by red16russ11 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:19 pm

It's laughable, bob. This guy is a joker, and rumor has it he can be had for a couple of second round picks now. Not nearly the player he once was, and now he wants to "extend his career" by adding a 3 point shot?

Zizic isn't that bad, is he?
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:13 pm

red16russ11 wrote:It's laughable, bob.  This guy is a joker, and rumor has it he can be had for a couple of second round picks now.  Not nearly the player he once was, and now he wants to "extend his career" by adding a 3 point shot?

Zizic isn't that bad, is he?

Red,

The short answer is "I don't know". What I do know is that I've watched almost every Zizic highlight film from last season and I may have seen one fga from mid-range, two tops. Can't highlight elbow jumpers if he doesn't take them and you certainly can't if he doesn't hit any.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Bob, Ante Zizic shoots .649% from 2 and .643% from the free throw line. Not terrible. Not Andre Drummond level (.549% from 2 and .381% from the frito line) nor is Zizic Dwight Howard ugly - .588% from 2 and .566% from the charity stripe.

Fear not.
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Zizic will learn to hit his Fritos. At the risk of stereotyping, eastern Europeans are smart, hard workers, and tough as nails. He will end up shooting 70% or better.

Re: Dwight. Is there anyone who shoots well from 3 but can't hit Fritos? Not sure if Dwight might not be better off improving his performance at the stripe. That being said, my current man-crush Markelle Fultz shoots ok from 3 but sucks at the free throw line, so maybe Dwight is onto something.

If Dwight can be had for a couple of 2nd rounders Danny should pounce. But don't we have to send back equal salary??

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:46 pm

It would be an amazing accomplishment if Howard shot 30% from behind the arc.
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 pm

As an opposing defender or a coach, I would cheer every time Howard would even think of shooting an NBA three. He won't score them and he will not be able to rebound from so far away either.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top