Anyone watching Game 5?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone watching Game 5?

Post by gyso on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 pm

In 2008, I believe Pau Gasol was injured. That tends to be forgotten by many a Celtics fan.

A team just has to get to the Finals, then anything's possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:26 pm

thanx for this thread. I didn't know any teams were still playing. now that this distraction is over we can get back to more important things like the number 1 pick, were the olde guys any good when they were beating everybody. Are the new kidz any good, can they make the rotation? stuff like that
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by beat on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Injuries happen and they could be season ending or those nagging ones that linger like a hammy.  No where did I say I want GS to have players out but what happens happens.  And if we benefit from it so be it.

beat

PS. Did any other teams weep when Bias died and hell the NBA made us count Reggie Lewis salary after he died.   So I shed no tear when misfortune strikes other teams. On March 22, 1995, the Boston Celtics retired Lewis' jersey. Lewis had worn the number 35 for his entire career. During the ceremony, former teammate Dee Brown made a speech while two other former teammates, Sherman Douglas and Xavier McDaniel, held up Lewis' framed jersey. Lewis' contract remained on the Celtics' salary cap for two full seasons after his death because at the time the NBA did not have a provision to void contracts in the event an active player died; NBA Commissioner David Stern said that the remaining NBA teams should approve an exemption for Lewis' contract but the rest of league, many of whom had spent years or even decades losing to the Celtics on the court, said that they would do no such thing to help Boston. The rules have since been changed so that a similar case would result in a deceased player's contract being paid by league insurance, with the entirety of the remaining balance immediately erased from a team's salary cap charges.
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Quite frequently home town bias seems to cloud the issue.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top