Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by dboss on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Apparently they are willing to offer him $31 million per.

Will he bypass the weather in Southern Florida to give Brad a hometown discount?

Milsap will not be offered a max contract by the Hawks. At the right price he is a viable option at PF provided we also add more size as well. If you add Fultz and you sign Milsap (a significant frontline upgrade) would that give us enough offense? If we also keep KO? And Jaylen's production jumps?
And we keep IT, AB and Crowder, all excellent 3 point shooters? The thing I do like about Milsap is that he plays both sides of the court, fights for rebounds and can can score from mid-range in. Is he a better option than Blake overall?

dboss



avatar
dboss

Posts : 6714
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by wideclyde on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 pm

DBoss,

I do like Milsap better than Griffin for several reasons, but I do not like Milsap on a four year deal or for max money.

Perhaps three years at $18-20M/year (two years for $42M would be even better in my eyes) and I like him a lot more for the Cs as that fits him in with the end of Horford's contract.

He is a very good player, but is not enough to catch Cleveland or Golden State.

wideclyde

Posts : 1272
Join date : 2015-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by bobheckler on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 pm

I thought $30-$31M was the max contract for a 10 year player.  That is why Durant signed for $27M for just 1 year, he was a 9 year veteran, that was his max and being a free agent this year increases his max dollar/year to that.  Hayward has been in the NBA for 7 years.



bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 34104
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by dboss on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 am

bobheckler wrote:I thought $30-$31M was the max contract for a 10 year player.  That is why Durant signed for $27M for just 1 year, he was a 9 year veteran, that was his max and being a free agent this year increases his max dollar/year to that.  Hayward has been in the NBA for 7 years.



bob


.

4 year $133 mill max from Boston or Miami, $180 from Utah
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6714
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by bobheckler on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:23 am

dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:I thought $30-$31M was the max contract for a 10 year player.  That is why Durant signed for $27M for just 1 year, he was a 9 year veteran, that was his max and being a free agent this year increases his max dollar/year to that.  Hayward has been in the NBA for 7 years.



bob


.

4 year $133 mill max from Boston or Miami, $180 from Utah


dboss,

Source, please. Thank you.


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 34104
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by dboss on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:I thought $30-$31M was the max contract for a 10 year player.  That is why Durant signed for $27M for just 1 year, he was a 9 year veteran, that was his max and being a free agent this year increases his max dollar/year to that.  Hayward has been in the NBA for 7 years.



bob


.

4 year $133 mill max from Boston or Miami, $180 from Utah


dboss,

Source, please.  Thank you.


bob


.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19644693/miami-heat-join-boston-celtics-pursuit-utah-jazz-all-star-forward-gordon-hayward

avatar
dboss

Posts : 6714
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by bobheckler on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:07 pm

dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:I thought $30-$31M was the max contract for a 10 year player.  That is why Durant signed for $27M for just 1 year, he was a 9 year veteran, that was his max and being a free agent this year increases his max dollar/year to that.  Hayward has been in the NBA for 7 years.



bob


.

4 year $133 mill max from Boston or Miami, $180 from Utah


dboss,

Source, please.  Thank you.


bob


.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19644693/miami-heat-join-boston-celtics-pursuit-utah-jazz-all-star-forward-gordon-hayward


Dboss,

Thanks for the reference.

This says the projected salary cap next year will be $102M.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=LUZEWa2gG4TIjwO917OADg&q=nba+salary+cap+2017&oq=nba+sa2017&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0i7i30k1l2.3865.9418.0.11118.23.12.1.0.0.0.261.2206.0j8j4.12.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..15.8.1468...0j0i13k1j0i67k1j0i10i67k1j0i131k1.Rv8SuOyRqoA


This says that players with 7-9 years experience (e.g. Hayward) can get up tp 30% of the salary cap.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/03/projecting-maximum-salary-contracts-for-201718.html


$102M x .3 =$30.6M

30.6M x 4 years = $122.4M


Something is amiss.


bov


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 34104
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by dboss on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Well 30 is still a huge number.

Was checking rankings of SF on bleacher report.

Hayward is ranked at #5.  Still no way in hell he is worth anything close to that.

Dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6714
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by bobheckler on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:06 pm

dboss wrote:Well 30 is still a huge number.

Was checking rankings of SF on bleacher report.

Hayward is ranked at #5.  Still no way in hell he is worth anything close to that.

Dboss


Dboss,

When you consider 3 of the 4 ahead of him are LeBron, Durant and Kawhi that's still pretty elite. Who is the other one ahead of him? Butler?


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 34104
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by gyso on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:36 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:I thought $30-$31M was the max contract for a 10 year player.  That is why Durant signed for $27M for just 1 year, he was a 9 year veteran, that was his max and being a free agent this year increases his max dollar/year to that.  Hayward has been in the NBA for 7 years.

bob
.

4 year $133 mill max from Boston or Miami, $180 from Utah


dboss,

Source, please.  Thank you.


bob


.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19644693/miami-heat-join-boston-celtics-pursuit-utah-jazz-all-star-forward-gordon-hayward


Dboss,

Thanks for the reference.

This says the projected salary cap next year will be $102M.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=LUZEWa2gG4TIjwO917OADg&q=nba+salary+cap+2017&oq=nba+sa2017&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0i7i30k1l2.3865.9418.0.11118.23.12.1.0.0.0.261.2206.0j8j4.12.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..15.8.1468...0j0i13k1j0i67k1j0i10i67k1j0i131k1.Rv8SuOyRqoA


This says that players with 7-9 years experience (e.g. Hayward) can get up tp 30% of the salary cap.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/03/projecting-maximum-salary-contracts-for-201718.html


$102M x .3 =$30.6M

30.6M x 4 years = $122.4M


Something is amiss.


bov


.

Don't forget the 7.5% raise each year. That could get the total salary to $133M.

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 11628
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Miami likes Hayward TOO/ATL says no to Milsap

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum