Draft Day Prediction Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Draft Day Prediction Thread

Post by wideclyde on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:41 pm

With the 2017 NBA draft only five days away, I thought that I would start a "Prediction" thread for all of us here on Sam's Forum.

To keep it at least somewhat uncluttered, please only post one time to include what you think that the Celtics will do relating to
next Tuesday's draft, who they will draft, what trades they will make, what players will be on our expected roster by Tuesday night, etc.

Please remember that the directions other teams may take may effect the direction that our Cs and Mr. Ainge may take.

Give it some thought, and let's have everyone's prediction in to the Forum by 10 PM on Monday the 21st.

As an example, I am thinking that Ainge may trade down with the Knicks or the Kings to get us a young big man (Porzingis or Cauley-Stein) with some NBA
experience in exchange for the Number One pick in some way since we clearly need a young big man more than another guard, and there are apparently
no big men good enough to be drafted in the top ten this year.  

I will have my ONLY, and much more clearly written prediction in by Monday night.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft Day Prediction Thread

Post by 112288 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:16 am

FULTZ

For once the Celtics can enjoy picking #1 in the draft and the kid has the complete package!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:02 am

With the first pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select ...

Josh Jackson!

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:47 am

I was at Ozumas last night and one of the guys at the sushi bar is a semi-regular who was a Celtic fan who grew up in Sacto and switched to his new local team.  So we have some nice conversations and it isn't confrontational since I have nothing personal against the Kings, although I do think they are a completely dysfunctional organization (which he agrees with) and the Celtics are his #2 team like the way GSW is my #2 team.

He asked me if Danny would go for #5 and #10 for the #1.  I said no.  Then I threw the proposal out that has floated on this board of #5, #10 and WCS for #1.  He thought that might be good.  PERSONALLY, I am not so sure about that, but I threw it out there for him to chew on.  The more he liked it the less I did.

He then asked me who I thought Danny would take and I said "I have NO idea.  If our GM was anybody except Trader Danny I might have something to say to you, but it is, so I don't".

So, there's my prediction:  I have NO idea.  All I know is that we have a ton of expiring contracts and Danny is big-game hunting and is looking for "needle-movers".  

bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:54 am

I predict that our 2017-2018 roster will be somewhat different from the last.  Very Happy

My preference is:

Draft Fultz

After draft: sign free agent Hayward, trade for rim protection big(s).
Also, keep our primary rotation players including Olynyk intact, as much as is practicable.

Continuity is underated.

No matter what, I'll continue to bleed green.

gyso

Last edited by gyso on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:02 am

We will draft Fultz #1.

We will then keep all second round picks and use them on best available players, starting with a big at #37.

We will make no draft night trades at all.
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:07 am

My preference is to draft Fultz because talent like that rarely knocks on the door for the Celtics.

2nd round I would like Swanagan and would use all 3 2nd round picks to get him.  But if that was not possible I would take a flyer on Cam Oliver.  I am predicting that he is the sleeper in the 2nd round.

I am not offering Hayward a max deal.  All of the free agent bigs have flaws that conflict with what the team needs.  

I would make a minor trade to add a veteran big on a short term contract.

Dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:11 am

I'm with Bob on this one..WHO KNOWS!

kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by beat on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:15 am

I'll be flossing .....as Sam would say

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:26 am

Edit - because, why the hell not.

With the fifth pick in the 2017 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select Jonathan Isaac, from FL ST.......alma mater of David W. Cowens

Last edited by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:56 am

bobheckler wrote:I was at Ozumas last night and one of the guys at the sushi bar is a semi-regular who was a Celtic fan who grew up in Sacto and switched to his new local team.  So we have some nice conversations and it isn't confrontational since I have nothing personal against the Kings, although I do think they are a completely dysfunctional organization (which he agrees with) and the Celtics are his #2 team like the way GSW is my #2 team.

He asked me if Danny would go for #5 and #10 for the #1.  I said no.  Then I threw the proposal out that has floated on this board of #5, #10 and WCS for #1.  He thought that might be good.  PERSONALLY, I am not so sure about that, but I threw it out there for him to chew on.  The more he liked it the less I did.

He then asked me who I thought Danny would take and I said "I have NO idea.  If our GM was anybody except Trader Danny I might have something to say to you, but it is, so I don't".

So, there's my prediction:  I have NO idea.  All I know is that we have a ton of expiring contracts and Danny is big-game hunting and is looking for "needle-movers".  

bob

Prediction: If Danny trades down to #5 he takes Dennis Smith Jr.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:31 pm

"Prediction": Celtics trade down to 3, Philly takes Fultz, Lakers take Lonzo because of their 4 billion dollar TV deal with Time Warner, and the Celtics take their #1 guy all along, Josh Jackson.

Los Angeles Lakers Time Warner Cable Deal Will Lead to Drafting Lonzo Ball

In 2011, the Lakers agreed a 20-year deal with Time Warner Cable. The deal is worth $4 billion and is currently the most lucrative TV deal in the NBA. This deal leads to all non-nationally televised Lakers games being shown on Spectrum Sports, making it the official home of Lakers Basketball. Now, the value and importance of this deal goes beyond the money. $4 billion is enough for Time Warner to influence the Lakers on and off the court.

http://lastwordonprobasketball.com/2017/06/09/time-warner-cable-los-angeles-lakers/

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:30 pm

I think we will draft Fultz.........the bird in the hand.
Once he is off the board, let the fun begin.
I do not expect or anticipate any deal until draft night.

Worst case scenario....WORST CASE.....we end up with Fultz!!
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Red16,

I like your thought process.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:57 pm

All Celtic high draft picks for this year and next, plus Smart and Brown, will be available as trading chips - as Danny brings in 2 super elite players over the next 2 years.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 pm

gyso wrote:I predict that our 2017-2018 roster will be somewhat different from the last.  Very Happy

My preference is:

Draft Fultz

After draft: sign free agent Hayward, trade for rim protection big(s).
Also, keep our primary rotation players including Olynyk intact, as much as is practicable.

Continuity is underated.

No matter what, I'll continue to bleed green.

gyso

Well, so much for my first preference.

Guess #2:

Draft Jason Tatum.  No trade.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 pm

bobheckler wrote:I was at Ozumas last night and one of the guys at the sushi bar is a semi-regular who was a Celtic fan who grew up in Sacto and switched to his new local team.  So we have some nice conversations and it isn't confrontational since I have nothing personal against the Kings, although I do think they are a completely dysfunctional organization (which he agrees with) and the Celtics are his #2 team like the way GSW is my #2 team.

bob

Turns out I was right, I have no idea.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Every day the Celtics roster for next season looks more and more confusing.

Of course, the draft day roster changes are a big part of the confusion.

Here is my draft day prediction.  

>>>>>>>The Cs trade Bradley, Crowder, the #3 pick, one of this year's second round picks and two other number one picks (one in 2018 and one in 2019) to the Knicks and get Porzingis, Anthony and O'Quinn.

Cs also trade both the other two second round picks this year and get an additional first round (2020?) pick from someone like Minnesota.

New deadline for your prediction is Wednesday evening at 11 since the draft is on Thursday and not on Tuesday like I originally thought it to be.

Last edited by wideclyde on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:54 pm

The Celtics will get Nikola Vucevic from the Magic and Butler from the Bulls.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Rmbone wrote:

bob

Prediction: If Danny trades down to #5 he takes Dennis Smith Jr.

Am I good or what?

Danny Ainge and the Boston Celtics are considering moving back in the draft again from No. 3.

The Celtics are believed to be interested in Dennis Smith Jr.

“We call him the minister of disinformation,” said one rival executive. “He’s putting a lot of stuff out there.”

The Celtics are believed to like Jayson Tatum, Josh Jackson or Jonathan Isaac if they stay at No. 3.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246387/Celtics-Interested-In-Trading-Down-To-Target-Dennis-Smith-Jr

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:04 pm

One NBA exec told the Herald that Ainge would love to find a way to get North Carolina State point guard Dennis Smith Jr., who isn’t rated as high as the third overall pick. Another said the Celts were looking at perhaps moving down in the draft again and picking up another asset for their trouble.

Meanwhile, to give you an idea of how surreal this has all become, a coach from yet another team said that if you asked 10 different clubs what Ainge wanted, you’d get 10 different answers. “We call him the minister of disinformation,” he said. “He’s putting a lot of stuff out there.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/06/danny_ainge_keeping_everyone_guessing_on_eve_of_nba_draft

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:11 pm

swish wrote:The Celtics will get Nikola Vucevic from the Magic and Butler from the Bulls.

swish

now THERE is an out of the box prediction.

Vucevic.
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by swish on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:52 pm

kdp59 wrote:
swish wrote:The Celtics will get Nikola Vucevic from the Magic and Butler from the Bulls.

swish

now THERE is an out of the box prediction.

Vucevic.

"out of the box prediction"
Kdp59 - is that kind words for "unbelievably stupid" ?

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:38 am

No way!

I just meant that Vucevic hasn't been talked about as a possible trade option on this board (at least since the trade deadline).

out of the box, is just what Danny likes to do.
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:29 am

My prediction is Ainge trades the pick for a star like Jimmy Butler or Porzingis.

If Ainge keeps the pick, he picks Tatum.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top