30 for 30 Celtics and Laker Best Enemies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

30 for 30 Celtics and Laker Best Enemies

Post by bobc33 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:13 am

Thoroughly enjoyed the very detailed show on the rivalry.  

While I know the Celtics success in the 60s mostly through history books and old clips, I was stunned at how devastated Jerry West was with their repeated failures.  The abject sadness in his eyes, demeanor and voice was startling and I believe he has never visited the Garden since his playing days.

Lots of emphasis throughout the show on race, much more than I expexcted given the groundbreaking moves the 60s Celtics made in that regard.

Some good stories and film about the early to mid 80s and the rivalry intensifying.  I forgot how rough the game were with two guys throwing punches seemed routine.  Lots on the antics of Max and ML Carr they truly got under the Laker skins.

Finally for me the highlight was the 1985-6 Celtics team winning it all, though not against the Lakers unfortunately.  Poetry in motion when Big Bill was in the game passing to Larry and DJ and other cutting players.  I truly wish I could watch every game of that season in its entirety.  Thanks to our own Steve I do have copies of the two Celtics Lakers game that year and they are treasures.  Walton was so completely jacked up to play against Jabber and in both games Walton dominated.

The show went on through the 1987 playoffs where we had too many serious injuries.  Then winded down briefly describing the later years.  Overall well produced I enjoyed it and recommend it to all.

Last edited by bobc33 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 for 30 Celtics and Laker Best Enemies

Post by steve3344 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:49 am

bobc33 wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed the very detailed show on the rivalry.  

While I know the Celtics success in the 60s mostly through history books and old clips, I was stunned at how devastated Jerry West was with their repeated failures.  The abject sadness in his eyes, demeanor and voice was startling and I believe he has never visited the Garden since his playing days.

Lots of emphasis throughout the show on race, much more than I expexcted given the groundbreaking moves the 60s Celtics made in that regard.

Some good storie and film about the early to mid 80s and the rivalry intensifying.  I forgot how rough the game were and two guys throwing punches seemed routine.  Lots on the antics of Max and ML Carr they truly got under the Laker skins.

Finally for me the highlight was the 1985-6 Celtics team winning it all, though not against the Lakers unfortunately.  Poetry in motion when Big Bill was in the game passing to Larry and DJ and other cutting players.  I truly wish I could watch every game of that season in its entirety.  Thanks to our own Steve I do have copies of the two Celtics Lakers game that year and they are treasures.  Walton was so completely jacked up to play against Jabber and in both games Walton dominated.

The show went on through the 1987 playoffs where we had two many serious injuries.  Then winded down briefly describing the later years.  Overall well produced I enjoyed it and recommend it to all.
I taped all three segments and will watch soon.  Looking forward to it.  Glad you're enjoying those two Laker-Celtic regular season games in '86. Walton was a beast off the bench in both.  I think he had 7 blocks in about 20 minutes in one of them.  Really wish we had beaten LA in the Finals that year instead of Houston.  Would've made that season even more satisfying.  As it is, that year is my favorite Celtic year ever. Up until the day after Len Bias was drafted.  What a punch in the gut that was.  Was so looking forward to seeing that kid play with Larry, Kevin, Chief, Danny & DJ.  The next couple years would've been ours as well.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 am

BobC...I've got about 20 VCR tapes of those 80's Celtics games...just need to transfer them to digital. By now the NBA's copyrights may have run out. Any lawyers in the group to advise on that question?
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top