Trade brewing?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Trade brewing?

Post by Rmbone on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:34 pm

wideclyde wrote:I am having a really difficult time figuring out where so many of our board members keep mentioning procuring George after he has already said that he is going to go to LA (to 'go home') next summer when his current contract is up.

Yes, he is a good player, his salary is still pretty manageable, and he could (?) sign on for longer, but he is basically a one year rental because none of these guys (except David West) is signing anything until they become free agents.  And, no player on a rental is going to get Ainge to give away our (Nets) first round draft pick.  Even Durant is not signing anything with the Warriors until free agency starts in July and he IS a lock to sign with his current team.

Am I missing something big on this guy?

It's par for the course. Three years ago, a lot of fans wanted to max out Rondo, pay Josh Smith big money, and complete the Big Three Super Team by trading 2-3 Brooklyn picks for Kevin Love.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

'Danny Ainge is Taking Over the Draft' via @fansided

http://hardwoodhoudini.com/2017/06/17/danny-ainge-is-taking-over-the-draft/
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Jackson's the guy. Trade might not happen until draft night, just in case LAL have any ideas about drafting Jackson at #2.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:37 pm

My opinion is that I would never trade to help Philadelphia strengthen themselves and become a real big problem for the Celtics. Emblid, Saric, Simmons, Covington, and FULTZ or JACKSON? One heck of a great beginning. This is the kind of a team that will mature just like GSW. They build their bench, and , bang! They are right there, fighting for the East
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:38 pm

And........whoever said it, I agree, I would never give the Lakers a chance to sign a MAJOR piece to their team. NEVER
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:42 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:And........whoever said it, I agree, I would never give the Lakers a chance to sign a MAJOR piece to their team. NEVER

That would be me.............lol
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:59 pm

1.  The Lakers and the Sixers are going to get major building pieces because they have the #2 and #3 picks respectively in a deep draft and there is nothing we can do about that..

2.  We aren't going to just give them away for nothing and whatever they give us weakens them.

Danny is not looking to break even on this deal.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:33 pm

bobheckler wrote:1.  The Lakers and the Sixers are going to get major building pieces because they have the #2 and #3 picks respectively in a deep draft and there is nothing we can do about that..

2.  We aren't going to just give them away for nothing and whatever they give us weakens them.

Danny is not looking to break even on this deal.

bob

Agree, Bob.....so what is the better deal?
#2 pick and Julius Randle or 3 first rounders, the last of which will be unprotected in 4 days?
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:36 pm

No links, just rumors from a PHI fan:

Fultz' Camp is pushing Boston trade to Philadelphia
Fultz is in Philadelphia AGAIN!

Rumor has it the Celtics have been informed by the Markelle Fultz camp (from Markelle himself) that he prefers to be drafted by Philadelphia 1st overall and has had his sights set on joining the 76ers since the season's end...

He was in town watching the Team play one of their final games and has been lured to the City of brotherly LOVE

Word is he LOVES the idea of playing with Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Dario Saric, and the feeling was most definitely mutual

The new "Big 4" have already made plans in the city shortly after the Draft, Joel has allegedly had a huge part to play, his impact on social media and the City's embrace of "The Process" had made them appealing to a low key guy like Markelle, who wants to the best he can be while not being CRUSHED by a fan base if the team doesn't win every game, the patience shown by the Organization and FANS has made a huge impression on a few prospects (Jackson, Fox and Smith are also trying to land in Philadelphia IF the Celtics somehow pull out of this MEGA DEAL)

THE 76ERS have basically told the Celtics they'll give up the 3rd pick in 2017, the Lakers 2018 unprotected pick, the King's unprotected pick in 2019 and several 2nd rounders which WILL be included in a future trade for the STAR Danny Ainge wants THIS YEAR...

THE REAL KICKER HERE THOUGH?

Markelle Fultz' camp as made it easier for the deal to happen AND for the 76ers to NOT trade every one of the Picks listed above...He simply wants to play in Philadelphia above any other team in the NBA TODAY, the fact the entire Sports world has heard of this potential Trade has to be a huge signal that Fultz is probably bound to land in Philadelphia via Draft Night Trade

Neg me all you want 76er haters/Celtics Nation/Laker fan boys...

This is 90% going to happen, with a 5% chance someone else jumps into the deal and ruins the perfect storm brewing in Philadelphia, and the last 5% chance is Danny wakes up on Draft Day and realizes he's about to trade Philadelphia a 10 year championship window (It'll take 3 year's to make the ECF IMO)

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/fultz-camp-pushing-boston-trade-philadelphia

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Not all guys are cut out for playing under the bright lights and harsh criticism of Boston or LA. Recall Carl Crawford and other Red Sox acquisitions wilting under the Boston spotlight.

Fultz looked miserable in Boston, then he looked miserable posing for a photo with Magic Johnson.

That's part of the reason Danny had so little faith in Markelle that he not only traded the pick, but traded him right within the division. Danny's not afraid of Markelle Fultz dominating the Celtics, and he sure wasn't about to spend the #1 pick on him without exploring every trade down option to get his real #1, Josh Jackson.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Who cares what he wants?

We should take him first, then let the other teams bid.
That is crap!!
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:52 pm

You have a better chance reading tea leaves then facial expressions. People are reading too much into this.

Danny would be a idiot if he makes the trade prior to Thursday, let the bidding at least reach a climax for gods sake!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:00 pm

112288 wrote:You have a better chance reading tea leaves then facial expressions.  People are reading too much into this.

Danny would be a idiot if he makes the trade prior to Thursday, let the bidding at least reach a climax for gods sake!

Naw, I'm a real draft expert, contrary to some opinions. I pick up on the vibrations that others can't hear and feel.

Adam Himmelsbach‏Verified account @AdamHimmelsbach  58m58 minutes ago
More
Markelle Fultz canceled his 2nd workout with the Celtics for Lakers/76ers visits, but Boston is attempting to get him to come in once more.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/876243293943844865

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Trade might be in limbo, here's my reasoning:

Josh Jackson still refusing to work out for Boston. Jackson reportedly has a top 3 promise. 76ers are trading up for Fultz at #1. That means the promise is from the Lakers, which would throw the whole trade into doubt, because Danny wants Jackson at #3 if he's going to make the trade down.

Fultz doesn't want to play here, Jackson prefers the Lakers because he gets unlimited minutes and he's from San Diego and he gets to learn from Magic Johnson.

The only other guy Danny might be really high on is Dennis Smith in my estimation, and Danny might want to stretch the limits of what he can get from PHI if he's going to drop down to 3 and just take Smith.

The other option is to just take Jackson at #1.

Adam Himmelsbach‏Verified account
@AdamHimmelsbach
Following
More
The Celtics had Lauri Markkanen & Dennis Smith in for workouts today. Still trying to get Josh Jackson to come but have been unsuccessful.
https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/876243078373404672

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Rmbone wrote:Trade might be in limbo, here's my reasoning:

Josh Jackson still refusing to work out for Boston. Jackson reportedly has a top 3 promise. 76ers are trading up for Fultz at #1. That means the promise is from the Lakers, which would throw the whole trade into doubt, because Danny wants Jackson at #3 if he's going to make the trade down.

Fultz doesn't want to play here, Jackson prefers the Lakers because he gets unlimited minutes and he's from San Diego and he gets to learn from Magic Johnson.

The only other guy Danny might be really high on is Dennis Smith in my estimation, and Danny might want to stretch the limits of what he can get from PHI if he's going to drop down to 3 and just take Smith.

The other option is to just take Jackson at #1.

Adam Himmelsbach‏Verified account
@AdamHimmelsbach
Following
More
The Celtics had Lauri Markkanen & Dennis Smith in for workouts today. Still trying to get Josh Jackson to come but have been unsuccessful.
https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/876243078373404672

I believe I read somewhere they had Isaac in for a second workout.

It is very strange being at the top of the draft. There's no reason to workout tons of players since don't have to think about who should be drafted ahead of you but drops on draft day (e.g. Paul Pierce @ #10). So we aren't getting the usual flood of players coming through and reported on, not even 2nd rounders. Very strange.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi,
Who is DJ Bean?
Here is his/her take on trade for Butler.
I would trade #3 + Zeller+ Crowder for JB. But I'm not Danny Ainge (honestly).

AK
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Tatum was in Waltham today. This is just so bizarre. These players are afraid of playing time. It is so strange, times have changed so much. A kid years ago would have been here waiting at the door for them to let him in to try out. I guess it is a sign of the times
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:13 pm

To me, it just doesn't make sense to draft a SF in Tatum or Jackson then give another SF, Hayward, 30m per year in free-agency.

Hayward, Crowder, Jaylen Brown, and Tatum or Jackson?

Celts will be overstocked with guards and SFs.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:30 pm

It is obvious to me that Danny did not want to bring in another guard who would expect major minutes at some point this next season. He truly likes the core that he has, however, if Fultz turns into a great guard with a great shot, this could backfire on him. Other than that, I think there is something that both he and Stevens saw in this kid that did not make him appealing to join the club. Stevens supposedly had a conversation with his guidance counselor about him and how he would handle disappointment (not starting, not major minutes, etc) in his first year. Could be some of the answers helped Stevens come to the conclusion that the last thing they needed was a disgruntled player on the bench. They have handled most of this very well in the last couple of seasons, but as the team matures, the last thing they need is an unhappy player
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/now-know-76ers-giving-celtics-190100519.html

Further explanation:

For the trouble of swapping positions this year, the Celtics will also receive one of the following:

• The Los Angeles Lakers' 2018 first-round pick (which the Sixers currently own the rights to) if it ends up being pick 2, 3, 4, or 5 overall.

• If the Lakers pick does not fall in that range in 2018, the Celtics will choose between the Kings' first-round pick in 2019 (which currently belongs to the 76ers) or the 76ers' own first-round pick in 2019. However, if one of those picks turns out to be the first pick, the Celtics will receive the other one.

The caveats and protections act as a safeguard in case the Sixers get lucky in the lottery so that they don't miss out on a potentially once in a generation talent, while still giving the Celtics another likely high first-round pick.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 pm

fierce wrote:To me, it just doesn't make sense to draft a SF in Tatum or Jackson then give another SF, Hayward, 30m per year in free-agency.

fierce,

My guess is we don't think we can get Hayward, or maybe we have other targets.

I believe that Tatum or Jackson could be the solution we need at SF.  Brown is able to add solid depth, so he probably stays.  I think Crowder is a talented but limited player, therefore odd man out.

At least that's what I think until we announce some other deal.

Regards
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Someone said if the lakers take Jackson, he'll trade down again.

I'd be shocked if that happened. Out here, they have said the press is eating up the Ball family, and there has not been this much excitement about anyone not named Kobe in a long time. I think they will take Ball.
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:47 pm

fierce wrote:To me, it just doesn't make sense to draft a SF in Tatum or Jackson then give another SF, Hayward, 30m per year in free-agency.

Unless Josh Jackson is also a shooting guard like I've been saying all along to no avail.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top