Matty
fierce
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DEAL IS DONE!!  FULTZ TO PHILLY Empty DEAL IS DONE!! FULTZ TO PHILLY

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:31 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/06/boston_celtics_trade_no_1_pick.html

Boston Celtics trade No. 1 pick to Philadelphia 76ers: Sides 'have agreed,' Sixers will take Markelle Fultz (report)

Updated on June 17, 2017 at 10:24 PM
Posted on June 17, 2017 at 10:21 PM

Washington guard Markelle Fultz (20) shoots against Arizona State forward Andre Adams during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game, Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
Washington guard Markelle Fultz (20) shoots against Arizona State forward Andre Adams during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game, Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)(Ted S. Warren)

BY TOM WESTERHOLM

The Boston Celtics will trade the No. 1 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report from TNT's David Aldridge.

The Philadelphia 76ers will take Washington guard Markelle Fultz. The Celtics will likely receive a package made up of the No. 3 pick in this year's draft as well as future draft picks.

According to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, the deal has been finalized for 24 hours.

We will have more on this as it develops

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

DEAL IS DONE!!  FULTZ TO PHILLY Empty Re: DEAL IS DONE!! FULTZ TO PHILLY

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@WojVerticalNBA
Follow
More
Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Fultz wouldn't have gone into workout with No. 3 without assurance trade was agreed upon. Sides have been locked into deal for 24 hours.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 pm

@WojVerticalNBA
Follow
More
Sixers needed Fultz workout/meeting to complete deal w/ Celtics and, as expected, sides have deal for No. 1 pick. Trade call planned Monday.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:40 pm

I dunno wether to say hmm or oh  crap.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Matty wrote:I dunno wether to say hmm or oh  crap.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 3m3 minutes ago
More
Sources: For top pick, Sixers planning to send Celtics '17 No. 3 overall pick, '18 FRP (via LA) and '19 FRP (via Kings) - w/ protections.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:45 pm

This is a great deal for the Celts.

I would never have imagined Ainge getting this much for the #1 pick.

Not only does this give the Celts potentially 2 picks in the top 3 or top 5, it also allows the Celts to get 2 star players this summer.

Ainge can trade the #3 pick for Jimmy Butler or Paul George then sign Hayward or Griffin in free-agency.

Well done Danny Ainge!
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:51 pm

Glad that's over. I want to know if only the Kings' pick has protections, or if it's also the Lakers' pick that has protections. I wasn't fully expecting the Celtics to get both picks, so they both might have protections, which would be less ideal than having the Lakers pick unprotected.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:52 pm

If Magic doesn't trade the #2 pick to Indy for George then LA's season should suck next year too.  Their pick next year could be just as likely to land us a #1 pick as Brooklyn's.

Then Danny will trade them too.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:56 pm

bobheckler wrote:If Magic doesn't trade the #2 pick to Indy for George then LA's season should suck next year too.  Their pick next year could be just as likely to land us a #1 pick as Brooklyn's.

Then Danny will trade them too.

If they draft Jackson they pick will be closer to #10 than top 3.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:11 pm

If LAL takes Jackson, look for Danny to deal directly with CHI. If LAL takes Ball, we'll get Jackson, and have Jackson/Brown as our SF's next season
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:24 pm

red16russ11 wrote:If LAL takes Jackson, look for Danny to deal directly with CHI.  If LAL takes Ball, we'll get Jackson, and have Jackson/Brown as our SF's next season

That doesn't make sense.

Ainge passed on the best player of the draft, Fultz, just to gamble on the Lakers pick next year?

Celts will go after Hayward, so it doesn't make sense to have Jaylen, Josh Jackson, and Hayward.

Ainge will package that #3 pick for another star player, Butler or George, then go after Hayward or Griffin.

Butler or George trumps Josh Jackson.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward, and Paul George are all proven players in the NBA.

They can play SG or SF.

With Josh Jackson, right now he's just a SF.

I'd rather have Hayward and Butler or George at the 2 and 3 spot then Jaylen comes off the bench.

Celts automatic contenders with 4 star players, IT, Horford, Hayward or Griffin, and Butler or George.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 pm

fierce wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:If LAL takes Jackson, look for Danny to deal directly with CHI.  If LAL takes Ball, we'll get Jackson, and have Jackson/Brown as our SF's next season

That doesn't make sense.

Ainge passed on the best player of the draft, Fultz, just to gamble on the Lakers pick next year?

Celts will go after Hayward, so it doesn't make sense to have Jaylen, Josh Jackson, and Hayward.

Ainge will package that #3 pick for another star player, Butler or George, then go after Hayward or Griffin.

Butler or George trumps Josh Jackson.

If Fultz was the best player in the draft, Danny wouldn't have just traded him away to a division rival. Jackson is the guy, and a much better value in the short and long term than Butler or George.

The only question is whether Jackson will be there at 3, but Dennis Smith has superstar potential too, as much as Fultz, maybe more. That's why Danny traded down, Fultz ain't all that.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Local TV announcing it right now.  An I happy??????

Three draft picks, and #3.  

I think the kid wanted Phladelphia anyway. Boy they are going to be an exciting team if it all gels.  

Announcement Monday
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 pm

fierce wrote:Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward, and Paul George are all proven players in the NBA.

They can play SG or SF.

I'd rather have Hayward and Butler or George at the 2 and 3 spot then Jaylen comes off the bench.

Celts automatic contenders with 4 star players, IT, Horford, Hayward or Griffin, and Butler or George.

I tried to tell you a million times, Jackson AND Jaylen are both superstar SGs, in addition to their SF and PF versatility.

Butler has lost half a step and is more of a fulltime SF these days, same with George, same with Hayward.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 pm

For those who wish to see Mr. Paul George traded for, whom should the Cs give up to get him for the last year on his contract? Also, how do we build around this guy being in Boston for one season if Indy actually is willing to trade him?

He has already stated that he is heading to LA (although not to which LA team) for the 2018 season.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:32 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Local TV announcing it right now.  An I happy??????

I think the kid wanted Phladelphia anyway. Boy they are going to be an exciting team if it all gels.  

Announcement Monday

It's not 3 1st round picks.

Here:

@WojVerticalNBA
Follow
More
Clarification on deal: Besides its 2017 FRP, Philly sends '18 Lakers pick w/ protections. If it doesn't convey, 76ers send 2019 Kings pick.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:34 pm

fierce wrote:

Announcement Monday

Here:

@WojVerticalNBA
Follow
More
Clarification on deal: Besides its 2017 FRP, Philly sends '18 Lakers pick  w/ protections. If it doesn't convey, 76ers send 2019 Kings pick.

That hit me like a kick in the nuts.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Rmbone wrote:
fierce wrote:Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward, and Paul George are all proven players in the NBA.

They can play SG or SF.

I tried to tell you a million times, Jackson AND Jaylen are both superstar SGs, in addition to their SF and PF versatility.

Butler has lost half a step and is more of a fulltime SF these days, same with George, same with Hayward.

And I also tried to tell you a million times why aren't you working for an NBA team if you're so good?

Josh Jackson is not coming to the Celtics.

According to reports, Celts are not done dealing.

Use common sense.

Why would Ainge give up on the best player of the draft, Markelle Fultz, just to gamble on the Lakers pick next year?
The Lakers 2018 pick has protections.

Ainge will use the #3 pick to trade for Butler or George.

Unless you're going to tell me you're Danny Ainge, I don't believe you.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Rmbone wrote:
fierce wrote:

Announcement Monday

Here:

@WojVerticalNBA
Follow
More
Clarification on deal: Besides its 2017 FRP, Philly sends '18 Lakers pick  w/ protections. If it doesn't convey, 76ers send 2019 Kings pick.

That hit me like a kick in the nuts.

Like I said, Ainge didn't downgrade from #1 to #3 just to gamble on the 2018 Lakers pick.
Ainge will use the #3 pick to get another star player via trade.
My proof of that is reports indicate Celts are not done dealing.

In the end Celts will end up with a star player via trade and a max FA this summer.

Celts will have 4 star players, IT, Horford, Butler or George, and Hayward or Griffin.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 7 minutes ago
Source confirms that trade with Philly likely to be announced Monday. C's get No. 3 and Boston-friendly protection on 2018 Lakers pick.
reply retweet like

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 6 minutes ago
Re source, Celtics would have option to obtain 2019 Kings pick if 2018 Lakers pick is too low.
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:40 pm

bobheckler wrote:Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 7 minutes ago
Source confirms that trade with Philly likely to be announced Monday. C's get No. 3 and Boston-friendly protection on 2018 Lakers pick.
reply retweet like

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 6 minutes ago
Re source, Celtics would have option to obtain 2019 Kings pick if 2018 Lakers pick is too low.
reply retweet like

bob

That's much better. I thought it was top 3 or top 5 protected.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:40 pm

He really must not have liked Fultz, you were right Jackson has had his eye for a while. But, Jackson cancelled his workout here this week????? Why?????? So much for not trading the pick unless he gets an elite player in return.

There's another shoe or two to fall here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:45 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:He really must not have liked Fultz, you were right Jackson has had his eye for a while. But, Jackson cancelled his workout here this week????? Why?????? So much for not trading the pick unless he gets an elite player in return.

There's another shoe or two to fall here

Reports indicate that Celts are not done dealing.

Ainge didn't downgrade from #1 to #3 just to gamble on the Lakers pick next year.

Clearly Ainge is thinking "win now" and will most probably use the #3 pick to get Jimmy Butler or Paul George.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:46 pm

fierce wrote:
Rmbone wrote:

They can play SG or SF.

And I also tried to tell you a million times why aren't you working for an NBA team if you're so good?

Josh Jackson is not coming to the Celtics.

According to reports, Celts are not done dealing.

Use common sense.

Why would Ainge give up on the best player of the draft, Markelle Fultz, just to gamble on the Lakers pick next year?
The Lakers 2018 pick has protections.

Ainge will use the #3 pick to trade for Butler or George.

Unless you're going to tell me you're Danny Ainge, I don't believe you.

Entry level scouts make $25k a year to travel all year, eat fast food, and sleep in cheap hotels. I'm building a youtube channel, closing in on a million views in my first year, now at 1,000 subscribers and climbing fast.

I've been making entry level scout money for the past couple weeks, from the comfort of my home. The trick will be to keep building momentum after the draft, but Bob H gave me some great speaking tips and they're paying off.

Being an entry level scout is like being a personal assistant for a movie star. Sounds good, and people will do it for practically nothing, but the shine wears off fast, and nobody respects somebody who will give up their whole life to work a crappy job. Entry level scouts are a dime a dozen.

And Fultz still isn't the best prospect in this draft, no matter how many times you say it. Ask Danny Ainge.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next