red16russ11
Rmbone
Matty
fierce
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DEAL IS DONE!!  FULTZ TO PHILLY - Page 2 Empty Re: DEAL IS DONE!! FULTZ TO PHILLY

Post by Rmbone Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:47 pm

fierce wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:He really must not have liked Fultz, you were right Jackson has had his eye for a while. But, Jackson cancelled his workout here this week????? Why?????? So much for not trading the pick unless he gets an elite player in return.

There's another shoe or two to fall here

Reports indicate that Celts are not done dealing.

Ainge didn't downgrade from #1 to #3 just to gamble on the Lakers pick next year.

Clearly Ainge is thinking "win now" and will most probably use the #3 pick to get Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

Yawn. There's unfounded gossip, just like the gossip that the Celtics were SURE to trade the #3 pick last year.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

DEAL IS DONE!!  FULTZ TO PHILLY - Page 2 Empty Re: DEAL IS DONE!! FULTZ TO PHILLY

Post by gyso Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Jackson is going to the Lakers. We are not worried about him or them.

#3 may be going to the Bulls.

*Swish smiles*

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Rmbone wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 7 minutes ago
Source confirms that trade with Philly likely to be announced Monday. C's get No. 3 and Boston-friendly protection on 2018 Lakers pick.
reply retweet like

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 6 minutes ago
Re source, Celtics would have option to obtain 2019 Kings pick if 2018 Lakers pick is too low.
reply retweet like

bob

That's much better. I thought it was top 3 or top 5 protected.

Rmbone,

So even if you are right and LA takes Jackson and their pick drops to 10th Danny still covered us because Sacto is a dumpster fire on the scale of Brooklyn. They have picks and Brooklyn doesn't but they are an incoherent mess from top to bottom.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Now I can't wait to go out for coffee tomorrow.  Jamie Young comes in a lot of mornings, very pleasant guy. I just may have to ask him what else is coming!!!!! Think he will tell????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:00 am

gyso wrote:Jackson is going to the Lakers.  We are not worried about him or them.

#3 may be going to the Bulls.

*Swish smiles*

"#3 may be going to the Bulls."

Said everybody, last year

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:02 am

Derek Bodner @DerekBodnerNBA

Celtics will get Lakers pick if it falls between 2 and 5 in the 2018 draft, per league source. If not, the Celtics will get the Kings in '19
8:27 PM · Jun 17, 2017

bob
MY NOTE:  Only 2-5?  No protection on the Sacto pick?  And we still have this year's #3.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:03 am

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 15 minutes ago
The Celtics' overflowing backcourt also factored into their decision to pass on Fultz, sources say.
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Now I can't wait to go out for coffee tomorrow.  Jamie Young comes in a lot of mornings, very pleasant guy. I just may have to ask him what else is coming!!!!! Think he will tell????

He'll tell, but it won't be Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:07 am

bobheckler wrote:Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 15 minutes ago
The Celtics' overflowing backcourt also factored into their decision to pass on Fultz, sources say.
reply retweet like

bob

Translation: Fultz isn't better than Bradley, Jaylen, or Smart.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:07 am

Understandable that we would go for a package that would land us more top picks in coming years.  

Strange that this wasn't a draft night deal, however, selecting Fultz for the 76ers and then making the trade. If anything, that's a position of higher leverage.

Now, we wait to see who LA takes or try to trade the 3rd pick.  Jackson, Tatum and Ball would all be good additions, no argument there, and we really need to add a small forward, so Jackson or Tatum would be a big boost.

But by itself, this deal leaves a lot of unanswered questions.  We've helped a division rival improve tremendously, and LA controls who we pick.  Far from Ainge's best work.

Unless there's more to come...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:19 am

so we have the 3rd pick in this years draft and a very good chance for 2 lottery picks in 18.....could be very good or great.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:19 am

Rmbone wrote:
about 15 minutes ago
reply retweet like

bob

Rmbone,

That is how I read it also. Or even Rozier.

bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 am

NYCelt wrote:Understandable that we would go for a package that would land us more top picks in coming years.  

Strange that this wasn't a draft night deal, however, selecting Fultz for the 76ers and then making the trade.  If anything, that's a position of higher leverage.

Now, we wait to see who LA takes or try to trade the 3rd pick.  Jackson, Tatum and Ball would all be good additions, no argument there, and we really need to add a small forward, so Jackson or Tatum would be a big boost.

But by itself, this deal leaves a lot of unanswered questions.  We've helped a division rival improve tremendously, and LA controls who we pick.  Far from Ainge's best work.

NYCelt,

Philly was going to be helped almost as much anyway, if this draft is as deep as you all have been saying.  "Deep" means the talent level from 1 to 3 isn't that much.  They gain a little on the difference, we lose a little on the difference but we gain another lottery pick

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 am

Rmbone wrote:
about 15 minutes ago
reply retweet like

bob

Rmbone,

I don't know if that's what this deal says at all.  Fultz may indeed become better than Bradley, Brown and Smart.

I think the translation may be "we need a SF."

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 am

bobheckler wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Understandable that we would go for a package that would land us more top picks in coming years.  

Strange that this wasn't a draft night deal, however, selecting Fultz for the 76ers and then making the trade.  If anything, that's a position of higher leverage.

NYCelt,

Philly was going to be helped almost as much anyway, if this draft is as deep as you all have been saying.  "Deep" means the talent level from 1 to 3 isn't that much.  They gain a little on the difference, we lose a little on the difference but we gain another lottery pick

bob

Bob, I just passed 1,000 subscribers on Youtube. 250 new subscribers in the past 28 days. Thank you so much for your patient public speaking tips. I'm still not great at it, but much much better. Thanks again for taking the time man.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:32 am

NYCelt wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
about 15 minutes ago
reply retweet like

bob

Rmbone,

I don't know if that's what this deal says at all.  Fultz may indeed become better than Bradley, Brown and Smart.

Regards

NYCelt,

So then why not trade a guard or two and Crowder and sign Hayward.  Then we'd have Fultz and Hayward and the lesser guards and SFs would be gone for what/whomever?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:35 am

I notice the Markelle Fultz thread has been pretty quiet since last night.  Any particular reason for that?  Been taking a nap...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:41 am

bobheckler wrote:

NYCelt,

bob

Bob,

I don't think Philly felt they were going to get as much help at 3 if they were looking for a guard and Fultz and Ball were both gone.  That's why they wanted to deal.  Several other excellent guards coming in this very deep draft, but not with the can't miss label of Fultz and Ball.  Ainge may have more up his sleeve, and that would explain this early swap.  If not, and we use the pick, he may have been able to get a little more by waiting.  The '18 and '19 picks we received both have variables attached.  I think giving up a first pick, the most valuable property in the league, should net a little more.

My read, anyway.  Although I'm very happy if we end up with Jackson or Tatum.  I've been saying right along that we need, and I would take, a SF, and we will have at least one of two excellent choices available.  Hard for me to be unhappy about that!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:43 am

bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
about 15 minutes ago
reply retweet like

bob

Rmbone,

That is how I read it also.  Or even Rozier.

bob

Keith Smith‏Verified account
@KeithSmithNBA

Keith Smith Retweeted Adam Himmelsbach
I'm told in addition to this, Boston "had serious concerns about Fultz being a winner. Too many red flags there to pick him at #1."

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 am

bobheckler wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
about 15 minutes ago
reply retweet like

bob

Rmbone,

Regards

NYCelt,

So then why not trade a guard or two and Crowder and sign Hayward.  Then we'd have Fultz and Hayward and the lesser guards and SFs would be gone for what/whomever?

bob

Bob,

Because getting Hayward is not a sure thing.

Getting Jackson or Tatum is.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:55 am

Rmbone wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
about 15 minutes ago
reply retweet like

bob

Rmbone,

That is how I read it also.  Or even Rozier.

bob

Keith Smith‏Verified account
@KeithSmithNBA

Keith Smith Retweeted Adam Himmelsbach
I'm told in addition to this, Boston "had serious concerns about Fultz being a winner. Too many red flags there to pick him at #1."

Really seemed to go downhill in a hurry after Brad spoke to Fultz's guidance counselor about how Fultz learned and handled serbacks.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 am

Rmbone wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

NYCelt,

bob

Bob, I just passed 1,000 subscribers on Youtube. 250 new subscribers in the past 28 days. Thank you so much for your patient public speaking tips. I'm still not great at it, but much much better. Thanks again for taking the time man.

Rmbone,

Glad to help.  Feel free to contact me via PM if there is anything else.

Happy for your success and uptrend. You should be too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:06 am

Funny comment to article below:

"In related news, the Sixers announced that Fultz would suffer a season-ending injury sometime around October and the team would go 21-61 to secure another high lottery pick. Trust the Process."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-76ers-advanced-talks-acquire-no-1-pick-take-markelle-fultz-215225362.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:03 am

DEAL IS DONE!!  FULTZ TO PHILLY - Page 2 DCkuhQYWAAAdy1K?format=jpg&name=small

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:22 am

Steve very funny but no unbelievable. These last few years have been disgusting the way they played. I know Emblid got hurt and then Simmons, but they have been in the lottery too often. Other teams have to be steaming about this. In the end, they will either screw it up or win big.

Time will tell I guess
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next