dboss
red16russ11
sinus007
bobheckler
kdp59
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WOAH>>>>>>>GAME CHANGER? Porzingis available  - Page 2 Empty Re: WOAH>>>>>>>GAME CHANGER? Porzingis available

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:40 pm

bobheckler wrote:
wideclyde wrote:AK,

I can see your point regarding Anthony and I would not (and have written such on other threads) want him by himself either.

But, Anthony WITH Porzingis is much more palatable even with having to toss in Bradley, Crowder and additional picks because Porzingis could very well be the transcendental player (as Bob said) we have been missing for a very long time.

Getting Anthony would be a gamble, but if he buys in he can still play and score.  If he is a problem,
he can be send down the 'stretch' road after only one year.

I believe that if he comes to Boston with a championship within reach that he buys in and gives us two good years.

clyde,

If taking Anthony was the poison pill in this deal I would take it, the same way we took the Gerald Wallace poison pill. Yeah, I know that Melo will make almost as much money in a single year ($26M and $28M) as Wallace's entire contract ($10M x 3 years) but Porzingis a bird-in-the-hand. Danny needed a year to get rid of most of the players we got in that trade and kept Wallace around for 3 and Wallace had nothing left in his tank. Melo can still play. I'm not saying he has to start, I'm not saying he gets anymore minutes than Gerald Green got last year (although he will) but he can still light'em up.

bob

Agree, Bob. I think he would start, no doubt, for at least two years. He'd only have to play about half the game, though, with Brown in the wings. We can "save" him for the playoffs. I think Melo gets a bad rep sometimes. He is an elite scorer, and was the ultimate team mate on three Olympic squads. He needs a change, and I think we'd be good for him
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

WOAH>>>>>>>GAME CHANGER? Porzingis available  - Page 2 Empty Re: WOAH>>>>>>>GAME CHANGER? Porzingis available

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:44 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

I can see your point regarding Anthony and I would not (and have written such on other threads) want him by himself either.

But, Anthony WITH Porzingis is much more palatable even with having to toss in Bradley, Crowder and additional picks because Porzingis could very well be the transcendental player (as Bob said) we have been missing for a very long time.

Getting Anthony would be a gamble, but if he buys in he can still play and score.  If he is a problem,

I believe that if he comes to Boston with a championship within reach that he buys in and gives us two good years.

clyde,

If taking Anthony was the poison pill in this deal I would take it, the same way we took the Gerald Wallace poison pill.  Yeah, I know that Melo will make almost as much money in a single year ($26M and $28M) as Wallace's entire contract ($10M x 3 years) but Porzingis a bird-in-the-hand.  Danny needed a year to get rid of most of the players we got in that trade and kept Wallace around for 3 and Wallace had nothing left in his tank.  Melo can still play.  I'm not saying he has to start, I'm not saying he gets anymore minutes than Gerald Green got last year (although he will) but he can still light'em up.

bob

Agree, Bob.  I think he would start, no doubt, for at least two years.  He'd only have to play about half the game, though, with Brown in the wings.  We can "save" him for the playoffs.  I think Melo gets a bad rep sometimes.  He is an elite scorer, and was the ultimate team mate on three Olympic squads.  He needs a change, and I think we'd be good for him

Red,

To be honest I don't care if he never gets off the bench. I just want Porzingis and would walk across broken glass barefoot to get him.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:48 pm

bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

clyde,

If taking Anthony was the poison pill in this deal I would take it, the same way we took the Gerald Wallace poison pill.  Yeah, I know that Melo will make almost as much money in a single year ($26M and $28M) as Wallace's entire contract ($10M x 3 years) but Porzingis a bird-in-the-hand.  Danny needed a year to get rid of most of the players we got in that trade and kept Wallace around for 3 and Wallace had nothing left in his tank.  Melo can still play.  I'm not saying he has to start, I'm not saying he gets anymore minutes than Gerald Green got last year (although he will) but he can still light'em up.

bob

Agree, Bob.  I think he would start, no doubt, for at least two years.  He'd only have to play about half the game, though, with Brown in the wings.  We can "save" him for the playoffs.  I think Melo gets a bad rep sometimes.  He is an elite scorer, and was the ultimate team mate on three Olympic squads.  He needs a change, and I think we'd be good for him

Red,

To be honest I don't care if he never gets off the bench. I just want Porzingis and would walk across broken glass barefoot to get him.

bob

I gathered......LOL
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Anthony and Porzingis would be an interesting twist to an already interesting off-season.

Does anybody think that Brad could get Anthony to play a little defense? affraid

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Just read Phil wants to dump the Noah contract, not Melo. I'd still do it...stretch him!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Jordan Schultz‏: League sources say Phil Jackson wants to dump Joakim Noah’s contract as part of a #Porzingis trade. Unclear if it’s a deal-breaker. #Knicks – via Twitter
Phil Jackson, Trade, Joakim Noah, Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:17 pm

red16russ11 wrote:Just read Phil wants to dump the Noah contract, not Melo.  I'd still do it...stretch him!

Red,

Noah and Horford and Porzingis. Oh My!!

Actually, that might be a bit tough. Noah is, I think, 32 and he has 3 more years on his contract.

The depth is because we don't know who would be still here after the trade.

Horford
Porzingis
Crowder/Hayward/Brown
Bradley/Smart/Rozier
IT

Bench
Noah
Zizic
Yabby

Probably too many bigs, but Interesting.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:18 pm

I'd almost rather take Melo than Noah.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Noah has not played a game since February due to the acl and last year he also missed a ton of games due to the shoulder injury. He still has 3 years left on a very expensive contract.

I think Danny just needs to focus just on Zingus.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:44 pm

IF true, it's something to look into.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:46 pm

$55M for Noah
or
$54M for Melo

whats the difference?

at least Noah used to be able to rebound and play defense. I don't think that moves the needle either way.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:47 pm

per NY Post Knicks want a boatload.

As this story matures a bit we will get a better feel for what the Knicks want however if either Noah or Melo have to be part of the deal I say no way.

Besides I think phil will try to work out a deal with the Lakers so that he can get back in good with Jeannie...lmao

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm

NYCelt wrote:IF true, it's something to look into.

Let me qualify that last statement...

Unless you're stuck with 'Melo and Noah.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Noah is far less valuable to the Cs than Anthony even if he were totally healthy (and, he -Noah- has not shown good health in a long time), in my opinion, mainly because he is not a real scoring option like Anthony could be.

One of our weaknesses last year was a sniper type scorer to take the pressure of IT. Hayward can do this, but so may Anthony for two years. Noah just does not fit this need.

He also has three years on his contract where Anthony has only two so the idea of stretching him can only be done in his third year. Until then he would have a roster space and get his mail in the training room.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:59 pm

from wikipedia on Noah

.[44] On March 25, 2017, Noah was suspended 20 games without pay for violating the league's anti-drug policy. Noah, having not played since February 4, was likely to miss the Knicks' final 10 games of the season because of a left knee injury anyway. The suspension will carry over into at least the first 10 games of the 2017–18 season.[45] Noah, unaware of his violation, did not appeal his suspension.[46] On April 12, 2017, it was deemed that Noah will require surgery for a left torn rotator cuff and will need four to six months to rehabilitate the shoulder.

so he may be rehabbing his third shoulder surgery into October AND he has a 10 game suspension for drugs.....good luck trying to dump him Phil. you'll have much better luck talking Danny into taking back Melo.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:14 pm

kdp59 wrote:$55M for Noah
or
$54M for Melo

whats the difference?

at least Noah used to be able to rebound and play defense. I don't think that moves the needle either way.

I think that if Phil actually traded Zingus, he (phil) would end up in the East River.

I could see Danny parting with some draft picks and I would even consider the Golden Egg in 2018 because it should be quite clear to everyone that Zingus is high end talent.

So here is my deal:

We keep our pick this year and use it to draft Tatum. We trade our 2018 1st rounders including our 2 picks and the 2018 LA pick along with Crowder
for Zingus.

If NY wants more thrown in two second rounders.

Next year lienup

Horford
Porzingis
Brown
Bradley
IT

Bench

Smart
KO
Tatum
Rozier
Zizic
Yabu
Jackson

Theis
Unknown 2nd round
unknown max FA signing (Haywood? )

This would be a really good team on offense but not so much on defense unless guys like Zizic and Yabu can help

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:18 pm

You simply have to make a deal that does not include Melo or Noah otherwise you will really dig into the core.  We would have to come up with $30 million in player salary to make it happen.

It would be better to give up 4 first rounders or whatever it takes to make it happen.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:35 pm

dboss wrote:You simply have to make a deal that does not include Melo or Noah otherwise you will really dig into the core.  We would have to come up with $30 million in player salary to make it happen.

It would be better to give up 4 first rounders or whatever it takes to make it happen.

I think Danny can do the deal with Melo included.

he'll have to send Bradley, Crowder, Zeller , #3 pick this year and one of those future first to get it done. BUt that balances the salarys closely and we get a young big man and another scorer.

we still have the Nets pick next year and most of those future firsts.

roster if that deal goes down:

Starters:
HOrford
Porzingis
Melo
Smart
Thomas

main bench:
Jaylen
Kelly O- Can go over the cap to resign him ( say $12M)
Rozier
Green- same as Kelly ( say a market deal of $5M)
Zizic

Deep Bench
Yabusele
MIckey
D. Jackson
Nader
#37 pick

that team is right at or just over the cap. meaning Danny has the room to resign BOTH Smart and IT in 2018 and stay under the tax line. Porzingis will be due his BIG deal in 2019, when Melo's deal comes off the books.

it works numbers wise, if Danny and Phil want to do it.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm willing to do almost any deal except one with Noah in it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:43 pm

I know you need to accept risk for reward, but P's injury history, coupled with his body type, makes we worry about lower extremity problems that might sideline him often and retire him early. He's what we need if he can stay on the floor, but I think that's a big "if". Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:48 pm

kdp59 wrote:
dboss wrote:You simply have to make a deal that does not include Melo or Noah otherwise you will really dig into the core.  We would have to come up with $30 million in player salary to make it happen.

I think Danny can do the deal with Melo included.

he'll have to send Bradley, Crowder, Zeller , #3 pick this year and one of those future first to get it done. BUt that balances the salarys closely and we get a young big man and another scorer.

we still have the Nets pick next year and most of those future firsts.

roster if that deal goes down:

Starters:
HOrford
Porzingis
Melo
Smart
Thomas

main bench:
Jaylen
Kelly O- Can go over the cap to resign him ( say $12M)
Rozier
Green- same as Kelly ( say a market deal of $5M)
Zizic

Deep Bench
Yabusele
MIckey
D. Jackson
Nader
#37 pick

that team is right at or just over the cap. meaning Danny has the room to resign BOTH Smart and IT in 2018 and stay under the tax line. Porzingis will be due his BIG deal in 2019, when Melo's deal comes off the books.

it works numbers wise, if Danny and Phil want to do it.

Sorry but you already lost me with Smart penciled in at the SG. You are not really serious are you? Why the heck would you trade those guys to fit melo in? Besides we still do not know what phil expects. my trade idea is not worth 2 dead flies and neither is yours. For all we know Phil may be more interested in a boatload of draft picks so that he can rebuild from the ground up.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:22 pm

if this is true and I really wonder if it is, Jackson would definitely force Melo to be in the deal. If I were danny, before taking Melo, I would find him a home and send him on his way. He is poison for this Celtics team. Ugh, just the thought of him drives me crazy.

Phil will want Crowder, not doubt about that, so he can have him along with the #3 pick. Don't give him too much. I can imagine the teams that are going to be drooling over this. I see Phil dangling him and then pulling him back.

And they say this guy is better than Red????????????????????? Give me a break!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:05 pm

I suggest to everyone to start drinking early and often, this is going to be a wild week until Thursday!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:13 pm

I think they should go on a two week bender until July 1 free agency!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Rosalie.......I'll drink to that! You know I am a doctor MD Doctor in mixed drinks!

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next