dboss
red16russ11
sinus007
bobheckler
kdp59
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WOAH>>>>>>>GAME CHANGER? Porzingis available  - Page 3 Empty Re: WOAH>>>>>>>GAME CHANGER? Porzingis available

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:38 pm

112288 wrote:I suggest to everyone to start drinking early and often, this is going to be a wild week until Thursday!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

WOAH>>>>>>>GAME CHANGER? Porzingis available  - Page 3 Empty Re: WOAH>>>>>>>GAME CHANGER? Porzingis available

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:47 pm

HAAAAAAAAAA BOB GOOD ONE!

MY FAVORITE PICTURE!

MOST OF MY FRIENDS IN COLLEGE HAD ME LABELED AS TIM MATHESON AS ERIC STRATON .....HEY PRE MED! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Chad Ford ✔ @chadfordinsider If I was Danny Ainge I’d give the Knicks 3rd pick, Lakers pick and 1 player on my roster (Thomas, Bradley, Smart, Brown, etc.) for Porzingis 10:02 AM - 20 Jun 2017 406 406 Retweets 964 964 likes

bob
MY NOTE: Not IT and not Jaylen. Not Jaylen because we might have to give up Crowder to get Butler. If Phil wants Crowder that's ok.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:19 pm

NEVER MIND!

Howard Beck‏: FWIW, plugged-in source says to “disregard” buzz about Knicks trading Porzingis. They aren’t shopping him, though they have taken calls. – via Twitter HowardBeck
Trade, Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 pm

kdp59 wrote:NEVER MIND!

Howard Beck‏: FWIW, plugged-in source says to “disregard” buzz about Knicks trading Porzingis. They aren’t shopping him, though they have taken calls. – via Twitter HowardBeck
Trade, Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks

Great. we can out that one to bed for now.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Evan Turner @thekidet

Question: if you were in Phil Jackson's shoes and Ms. Buss said that she would get back w/ u if u trade Porzingas to the lakers, would u?
5:14 PM · Jun 20, 2017

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Still think we can get him if we take Noah
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 pm

bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Red,

1.  I would include the Brooklyn pick.  What would we get from that pick?  A player better than Kristaps Porzingis?  Unlikely, and not without numerous years of development later.  By then IT and Horford are by the boards.

2.  Maybe Phil took notice of Danny trading #1 to Philly and is realizing it's all about getting your team where you want it to be and not about anybody else.  If you are the odds on favorite to play for a championship, like the way GSW and Cleveland are today, then who cares how good anybody else is?  

bob

I do see your point, Bob, but would you sell the farm for the kid?  How many picks would you include?

Red,

I would sell the farm, the equipment on the farm and next year's harvest for this kid.  I would include as many draft picks as it would take.  Danny offered 4 picks for Justise Winslow.  Does anybody really think Porzingis isn't worth much more than that?

Look at what Danny gave for KG, and KG was already on his back 9.  Porzingis can be one of those players.  He is transcendental.  He is the NBA New World Order.  He is what last year's #4 pick Dragan Bender aspires to be and probably never will be.  Porzingis is the best player out of Europe since, who?  Tony Parker?  Dirk?  Both of them are going into the HOF.

In a game where 5 players consume about 65% of a regulation game's minutes there is no substitute for quality in those 5.  Remember when Len Bias died?  Red Auerbach was asked about how his loss would hurt the Celtics' chances the next season and Red said Bias' loss didn't hurt the Celtics' next season, it hurt us for the next 10 seasons.  Kristaps Porzingis is Len Bias.  He's the guy that, getting him at the still tender age of 21, is our next decade.

My biggest fear is not that we cannot or will not offer enough for him, it's that Phil will trade him to the Lakers.  Not because they are the Lakers but because they have a lot of alluring pieces to offer him as well as the #2.    

bob

Welp! The Fakers trading for Brooke Lopez should put your mind a little at ease?
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Red,

1.  I would include the Brooklyn pick.  What would we get from that pick?  A player better than Kristaps Porzingis?  Unlikely, and not without numerous years of development later.  By then IT and Horford are by the boards.

2.  Maybe Phil took notice of Danny trading #1 to Philly and is realizing it's all about getting your team where you want it to be and not about anybody else.  If you are the odds on favorite to play for a championship, like the way GSW and Cleveland are today, then who cares how good anybody else is?  

bob

I do see your point, Bob, but would you sell the farm for the kid?  How many picks would you include?

Red,

I would sell the farm, the equipment on the farm and next year's harvest for this kid.  I would include as many draft picks as it would take.  Danny offered 4 picks for Justise Winslow.  Does anybody really think Porzingis isn't worth much more than that?

Look at what Danny gave for KG, and KG was already on his back 9.  Porzingis can be one of those players.  He is transcendental.  He is the NBA New World Order.  He is what last year's #4 pick Dragan Bender aspires to be and probably never will be.  Porzingis is the best player out of Europe since, who?  Tony Parker?  Dirk?  Both of them are going into the HOF.

In a game where 5 players consume about 65% of a regulation game's minutes there is no substitute for quality in those 5.  Remember when Len Bias died?  Red Auerbach was asked about how his loss would hurt the Celtics' chances the next season and Red said Bias' loss didn't hurt the Celtics' next season, it hurt us for the next 10 seasons.  Kristaps Porzingis is Len Bias.  He's the guy that, getting him at the still tender age of 21, is our next decade.

My biggest fear is not that we cannot or will not offer enough for him, it's that Phil will trade him to the Lakers.  Not because they are the Lakers but because they have a lot of alluring pieces to offer him as well as the #2.    

bob

Welp! The Fakers trading for Brooke Lopez should put your mind a little at ease?

Ktronic,

They still have the #2 and young talent to offer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/phil-jackson-won-rule-trading-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-article-1.3262522

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:20 am

http://nypost.com/2017/06/20/real-problem-with-trading-porzingis-is-whos-pulling-the-strings/

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:15 am

Bob,

The Lakers do still have the number 2 pick, but in a sense (with Russell gone to the Nets) they almost have to keep that pick and take Ball to be their point guard for next season.

With that thought, the Cs certainly have the most assets to use to acquire Porzingis from the Knicks.

I think that the Cs will have to figure a way to be happy with getting Porzingis along with either Anthony or Noah as the Knicks are likely to want to ditch either of those players to save some money.

Although I have never been a fan of Anthony, I could be happy if the Cs had to take him to get Porzingis. I am not sure about taking Noah along with Porzingis quite yet.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:27 am

wideclyde wrote:Bob,

The Lakers do still have the number 2 pick, but in a sense (with Russell gone to the Nets) they almost have to keep that pick and take Ball to be their point guard for next season.

With that thought, the Cs certainly have the most assets to use to acquire Porzingis from the Knicks.

I think that the Cs will have to figure a way to be happy with getting Porzingis along with either Anthony or Noah as the Knicks are likely to want to ditch either of those players to save some money.

Although I have never been a fan of Anthony, I could be happy if the Cs had to take him to get Porzingis.  I am not sure about taking Noah along with Porzingis quite yet.

Clyde,

The Conventional Wisdom says that Magic needs to use that #2 on Ball, I've opined the same, however, let's remember that CP3 will be a free agent in 2 weeks.  There is talk about him going to San Antonio, and that might be what happens, but it is not beyond the realm of possibility that he decides to stay in the LA area.  He has two children, 8 and almost 5.  Maybe he'd like to stay in the LA area until his 8 year old is done with elementary school?  When you're a player of Paul's status, even at his age, he's going to get the money he's going to get wherever he goes.  So, he could chase a ring somewhere like Deron Williams did, he could go somewhere he feels comfortable (his wife is from North Carolina.  Both him and his wife attended Wake Forest in North Carolina.  They probably have family there).  He could go the Spurs, as has been rumored, like so many others like Gasol and Aldridge have (Wake Forest is also the school Tim Duncan went to).  My point is that there are other factors that are important and influence decisions and, when you already have all the money and fame one can crave, those often bubble to the surface.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:40 am

steve3344 wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/phil-jackson-won-rule-trading-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-article-1.3262522

Steve,

Thanks for helping us on top of the NY media.  I have trouble putting much weight on anything they say after listening to them spout silliness about Rondo being traded to the Knicks for a box of Krispy Kremes in uniforms.  The two articles you have provided from the Post and the Daily News, however, are a little interesting to me, mostly because of what he alleges was said from the Porzingis camp about how he doesn't appreciate the way the Knicks treat their players (probably referring to Jackson's public diss of Melo) and that he wants to finish out his contract in NY (2 years left) and then choose for himself where he wants to be next.  That does NOT sound hopeful for Knick fans.  In fact, it looks like Phil is F-ing up the one good thing he has done in NY (Ironically, Knick fans at MSG on draft night booed the selection of Porzingis and now are ready to tar-and-feather Phil if he trades him).

I'm open to almost any deal that gets us a 21-year old transcendental prodigy except taking on Noah's contract.  I'll swallow Melo and his contract.  Melo can still play and, with 2 years left the money we'll be paying him can go to Zinger in 2 years, but Noah is a boat anchor for a Carnival Cruise Ship with a 50' chain that's attached to a rowboat in 100' of water.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:00 am

I bet Chris Paul and Blake stay in LA and wait for LeBron to join them in 2018-19. I'd love to get Porzingis, but I want to keep Jaylen and Avery, Avery because he matches up so well against GSW.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:17 pm

bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/phil-jackson-won-rule-trading-knicks-kristaps-porzingis-article-1.3262522

Steve,

Thanks for helping us on top of the NY media.  I have trouble putting much weight on anything they say after listening to them spout silliness about Rondo being traded to the Knicks for a box of Krispy Kremes in uniforms.  The two articles you have provided from the Post and the Daily News, however, are a little interesting to me, mostly because of what he alleges was said from the Porzingis camp about how he doesn't appreciate the way the Knicks treat their players (probably referring to Jackson's public diss of Melo) and that he wants to finish out his contract in NY (2 years left) and then choose for himself where he wants to be next.  That does NOT sound hopeful for Knick fans.  In fact, it looks like Phil is F-ing up the one good thing he has done in NY (Ironically, Knick fans at MSG on draft night booed the selection of Porzingis and now are ready to tar-and-feather Phil if he trades him).

I'm open to almost any deal that gets us a 21-year old transcendental prodigy except taking on Noah's contract.  I'll swallow Melo and his contract.  Melo can still play and, with 2 years left the money we'll be paying him can go to Zinger in 2 years, but Noah is a boat anchor for a Carnival Cruise Ship with a 50' chain that's attached to a rowboat in 100' of water.

bob

Stefan Bondy is a very respected writer.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Ian Begley @IanBegley

Phil Jackson, asked what he'd say to skittish Knicks fans: "I think we know what we're doing."
6:18 PM · Jun 21, 2017

bob
MY NOTE:  Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Phil checks in.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/21/phil-takes-exit-meeting-shot-at-porzingis-in-stunningly-open-interview/

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:58 am

Looks like Phoenix might get Porzingis.

I read they are offering Chriss or Bender along with the #4 pick.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:27 am

The Knicks are asking such a huge price for Porzingis; most insiders don’ believe the Knicks will get what they are asking for setting the stage for another brutally awkward relationship if a deal cannot be found. – via Basketball Insiders

bob
MY NOTE: You would have thought that someone who is called "The Zen Master" would just intuitively know that less is more. Failing that he should look at the destructive chemistry he has created with his feud with Melo AND the collateral damage it did with his relationship with Porzingis.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:30 am

Why don't the Clips try a sign and trade of Redick for George? He's then IN LA already

How about LaMarcus Aldrdige for George? Can you see him staying in San Antonio? I can.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:37 am

red16russ11 wrote:Why don't the Clips try a sign and trade of Redick for George?  He's then IN LA already

How about LaMarcus Aldrdige for George?  Can you see him staying in San Antonio?  I can.

Indiana without George and possibly Teague will probably be a lottery team.
I wouldn't think they want the contracts of players who are in their 30's like Redick and Aldridge.
If I was them I would want under 25 players and draft picks.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 am

Latest rumor is DeAndre for Drummond?

How about DeAndre for George?

I just don't think they want to trade him to the lakers............
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Absurd asking price by the Knicks:

According to a Knicks source, Jackson is asking for the third overall pick in Thursday's draft as well as next year's Brooklyn pick along with the Celtics' 2016 first-round pick Jaylen Brown (3rd overall) and Jae Crowder. This version of the deal would not include Boston taking on Joakim Noah's contract.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-price-porzingis-high-celtics-article-1.3269298

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:52 pm

LOL...yeah Phil, Danny will do that.....NOT!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next