Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by bobheckler on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward



JUN 23, 2017 12:21 PM


The Boston Celtics and Indiana Pacers continue to discuss a Paul George trade but it is reportedly contingent on signing Gordon Hayward in free agency.

According to sources, the Celtics are in position to trade for George with a three-year extension in place. George would lose money, however, on an extend-and-trade as opposed to the raises he could receive simply becoming a free agent in 2018.

The Celtics passed on trading for Jimmy Butler at the draft and were instead focused on scenarios for George.

George has long preferred to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2018, but it is possible the Celtics could make a trade for him with a commitment in the long-term.

George and Hayward were both members of the 2010 draft class and there was a report in March that indicated George wanted to play with Hayward, who is from Indiana.


ADAM KAUFMAN/CBS RADIO


bob
MY NOTE:  WTF!?!!?!!


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 32274
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by KyleCleric on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:30 pm

It sounds too good to be true.

KyleCleric

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-05-10
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by gyso on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:39 pm

A team full of swings and wings, smalls to bring up the ball, a hand full of bigs to round out them all.

_________________
avatar
gyso

Posts : 11144
Join date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by tjmakz on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:45 pm

The Pacers were telling team this week in trade talks that PG will not agree to an extension with any team. He will become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
avatar
tjmakz

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by NYCelt on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:11 pm

I don't think this is reliable. Every indicator I've seen is that George wants to go to LA and has no intention of signing an extension. Not with Indiana, and not likely anywhere else.

Beyond that, we now have Tatum and Brown, two wings with outstanding potential, and, so far, Crowder too. Throw in the potential that exists with Ojeleye. Why would we go after Hayward?

I think we'll go after bigs next.
avatar
NYCelt

Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by sinus007 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand this: PG13 and GH and JB and Tatum? I didn't even count Crowder since he's most probably gone.
I hope that by the end of August the picture will clear up...

AK
avatar
sinus007

Posts : 1855
Join date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by tjmakz on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:26 pm

NYCelt wrote:I don't think this is reliable.  Every indicator I've seen is that George wants to go to LA and has no intention of signing an extension.  Not with Indiana, and not likely anywhere else.

Beyond that, we now have Tatum and Brown, two wings with outstanding potential, and, so far, Crowder too.  Throw in the potential that exists with Ojeleye.  Why would we go after Hayward?

I think we'll go after bigs next.

The writer of this story is a big time Celtics homer.
All teams would love to have PG and Hayward.
There seems to be zero substance to this idea of signing Hayward than trading for PG and him agreeing on an extension.
avatar
tjmakz

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by swish on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:35 pm

tjmakz wrote:
NYCelt wrote:I don't think this is reliable.  Every indicator I've seen is that George wants to go to LA and has no intention of signing an extension.  Not with Indiana, and not likely anywhere else.

Beyond that, we now have Tatum and Brown, two wings with outstanding potential, and, so far, Crowder too.  Throw in the potential that exists with Ojeleye.  Why would we go after Hayward?

I think we'll go after bigs next.

The writer of this story is a big time Celtics homer.
All teams would love to have PG and Hayward.
There seems to be zero substance to this idea of signing Hayward than trading for PG and him agreeing on an extension.



"Beyond that, we now have Tatum and Brown, two wings with outstanding potential, and, so far, Crowder too.  Throw in the potential that exists with Ojeleye.  Why would we go after Hayward?"

Potential - yes - The question is - IF and When. George and Haywood are already proven NBAers.

swish

swish

Posts : 2104
Join date : 2009-10-16
Age : 85

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:06 pm

I hope it's true. Doubt it is. It's like Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming. Just wishful thinking......and irresponsible journalism.
avatar
red16russ11

Posts : 466
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by dboss on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:14 pm

I am glad that the Butler thing is gone. Now if the pg13 thing along with the hayward thing can also go away I will be happy.

Paul wants to play for the Lakers and hayward is not an idiot.

At this point I do not see where we need either of them.

dboss







avatar
dboss

Posts : 6191
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by tjmakz on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:15 pm

red16russ11 wrote:I hope it's true.  Doubt it is.  It's like Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.  Just wishful thinking......and irresponsible journalism.

I don't think Ramona has told the Lakers fans that Lebron James is coming to LA.
Bill Simmons did write about Lebron James to the Lakers two days ago.

http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-bill-simmons-believes-lebron-james-will-join-lakers-in-2018/
avatar
tjmakz

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:29 pm

tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:I hope it's true.  Doubt it is.  It's like Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.  Just wishful thinking......and irresponsible journalism.

I don't think Ramona has told the Lakers fans that Lebron James is coming to LA.
Bill Simmons did write about Lebron James to the Lakers two days ago.

http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-bill-simmons-believes-lebron-james-will-join-lakers-in-2018/

I'm sorry.
Do you live out here?
Do you listen to the 710 ESPN every day?
She has said it on the radio for the last FOUR years. Since his MIA days. Then they all get their panties in a bunch, only to be let down. I have heard her say it on the radio not more than one week ago.
avatar
red16russ11

Posts : 466
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by tjmakz on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:36 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:I hope it's true.  Doubt it is.  It's like Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.  Just wishful thinking......and irresponsible journalism.

I don't think Ramona has told the Lakers fans that Lebron James is coming to LA.
Bill Simmons did write about Lebron James to the Lakers two days ago.

http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-bill-simmons-believes-lebron-james-will-join-lakers-in-2018/

I'm sorry.
Do you live out here?
Do you listen to the 710 ESPN every day?
She has said it on the radio for the last FOUR years.  Since his MIA days.  Then they all get their panties in a bunch, only to be let down.  I have heard her say it on the radio not more than one week ago.

No, I don't live out there.
I have not seen Ramona write about Lebron coming to LA or heard her telling LA fans that Lebron is coming.
It's foolish to believe any journalist that makes claims like this, as if they know it's going to happen.
Is it always a possibility? Yes.
Is it likely? No.
Bill Simmons seems to be on board with Lebron going to LA.
Maybe your anger should be redirected at him.
avatar
tjmakz

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by kdp59 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:40 pm

we don't need to center, power forwards or guards in today's NBA.

Danny is going to go full outside the box with a roster of:

P. George
G. Hayward
Jaylen
Crowder
Tatum
Smart
Jerebko
Green
Semi
Nader

Shocked


avatar
kdp59

Posts : 3090
Join date : 2014-01-05
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm

tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:I hope it's true.  Doubt it is.  It's like Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.  Just wishful thinking......and irresponsible journalism.

I don't think Ramona has told the Lakers fans that Lebron James is coming to LA.
Bill Simmons did write about Lebron James to the Lakers two days ago.

http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-bill-simmons-believes-lebron-james-will-join-lakers-in-2018/

I'm sorry.
Do you live out here?
Do you listen to the 710 ESPN every day?
She has said it on the radio for the last FOUR years.  Since his MIA days.  Then they all get their panties in a bunch, only to be let down.  I have heard her say it on the radio not more than one week ago.

No, I don't live out there.
I have not seen Ramona write about Lebron coming to LA or heard her telling LA fans that Lebron is coming.
It's foolish to believe any journalist that makes claims like this, as if they know it's going to happen.
Is it always a possibility? Yes.
Is it likely? No.
Bill Simmons seems to be on board with Lebron going to LA.
Maybe your anger should be redirected at him.

Not angry at all. Just correcting your misinformation. No problems here....
avatar
red16russ11

Posts : 466
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by tjmakz on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:44 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:I hope it's true.  Doubt it is.  It's like Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.  Just wishful thinking......and irresponsible journalism.

I don't think Ramona has told the Lakers fans that Lebron James is coming to LA.
Bill Simmons did write about Lebron James to the Lakers two days ago.

http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-bill-simmons-believes-lebron-james-will-join-lakers-in-2018/

I'm sorry.
Do you live out here?
Do you listen to the 710 ESPN every day?
She has said it on the radio for the last FOUR years.  Since his MIA days.  Then they all get their panties in a bunch, only to be let down.  I have heard her say it on the radio not more than one week ago.

No, I don't live out there.
I have not seen Ramona write about Lebron coming to LA or heard her telling LA fans that Lebron is coming.
It's foolish to believe any journalist that makes claims like this, as if they know it's going to happen.
Is it always a possibility? Yes.
Is it likely? No.
Bill Simmons seems to be on board with Lebron going to LA.
Maybe your anger should be redirected at him.

Not angry at all.  Just correcting your misinformation.  No problems here....

Heresay isn't facts.
Evidence is facts.
:-)
avatar
tjmakz

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:50 pm

tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:I hope it's true.  Doubt it is.  It's like Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.  Just wishful thinking......and irresponsible journalism.

I don't think Ramona has told the Lakers fans that Lebron James is coming to LA.
Bill Simmons did write about Lebron James to the Lakers two days ago.

http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-bill-simmons-believes-lebron-james-will-join-lakers-in-2018/

I'm sorry.
Do you live out here?
Do you listen to the 710 ESPN every day?
She has said it on the radio for the last FOUR years.  Since his MIA days.  Then they all get their panties in a bunch, only to be let down.  I have heard her say it on the radio not more than one week ago.

No, I don't live out there.
I have not seen Ramona write about Lebron coming to LA or heard her telling LA fans that Lebron is coming.
It's foolish to believe any journalist that makes claims like this, as if they know it's going to happen.
Is it always a possibility? Yes.
Is it likely? No.
Bill Simmons seems to be on board with Lebron going to LA.
Maybe your anger should be redirected at him.

Not angry at all.  Just correcting your misinformation.  No problems here....

Heresay isn't facts.
Evidence is facts.
:-)

I go by what I heard with my own ears for the last four years, if that's okay with you.
Don't really care if you don't believe me....
avatar
red16russ11

Posts : 466
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Back to the point of the thread:

Would you give up Tatum to get George without an extension?

Not sure I'd do that, but I'd trade AB and Crowder for him.

WITH an extension? YES, reluctantly I would
avatar
red16russ11

Posts : 466
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by tjmakz on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:55 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:I hope it's true.  Doubt it is.  It's like Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.  Just wishful thinking......and irresponsible journalism.

I don't think Ramona has told the Lakers fans that Lebron James is coming to LA.
Bill Simmons did write about Lebron James to the Lakers two days ago.

http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-bill-simmons-believes-lebron-james-will-join-lakers-in-2018/

I'm sorry.
Do you live out here?
Do you listen to the 710 ESPN every day?
She has said it on the radio for the last FOUR years.  Since his MIA days.  Then they all get their panties in a bunch, only to be let down.  I have heard her say it on the radio not more than one week ago.

No, I don't live out there.
I have not seen Ramona write about Lebron coming to LA or heard her telling LA fans that Lebron is coming.
It's foolish to believe any journalist that makes claims like this, as if they know it's going to happen.
Is it always a possibility? Yes.
Is it likely? No.
Bill Simmons seems to be on board with Lebron going to LA.
Maybe your anger should be redirected at him.

Not angry at all.  Just correcting your misinformation.  No problems here....

Heresay isn't facts.
Evidence is facts.
:-)

I go by what I heard with my own ears for the last four years, if that's okay with you.
Don't really care if you don't believe me....

Two thumbs up!
avatar
tjmakz

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:02 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1706938-lakers-rumors-la-reportedly-eyeing-lebron-james-and-carmelo-anthony


2015
avatar
red16russ11

Posts : 466
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by tjmakz on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:08 pm

red16russ11 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1706938-lakers-rumors-la-reportedly-eyeing-lebron-james-and-carmelo-anthony


2015

This is what you wrote:

Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.



This is what the article said:

According to Ramona Shelburne and Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, the Lakers are hoping to make a run at Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James in free agency next offseason.


Of course, LA has wanted to sign Lebron for years.
With the Lakers on the downslide after Nash/Dwight, we all knew that was a hopeful fantasy.
avatar
tjmakz

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by red16russ11 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:15 pm

tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1706938-lakers-rumors-la-reportedly-eyeing-lebron-james-and-carmelo-anthony


2015

This is what you wrote:

Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.



This is what the article said:

According to Ramona Shelburne and Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, the Lakers are hoping to make a run at Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James in free agency next offseason.

Of course, LA has wanted to sign Lebron for years.
With the Lakers on the downslide after Nash/Dwight, we all knew that was a hopeful fantasy.

Obviously I cannot recreate what she said on the Mason and Ireland show last week. It's largely the fault of the hosts. But she does get their hopes up, and then all the idiots call in.............this is the last on this from me. You choose to believe what you want, and I'll always have the truth
avatar
red16russ11

Posts : 466
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by tjmakz on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:19 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1706938-lakers-rumors-la-reportedly-eyeing-lebron-james-and-carmelo-anthony


2015

This is what you wrote:

Ramona Shelburne telling lakers fans every year that LeBron is coming.



This is what the article said:

According to Ramona Shelburne and Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, the Lakers are hoping to make a run at Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James in free agency next offseason.

Of course, LA has wanted to sign Lebron for years.
With the Lakers on the downslide after Nash/Dwight, we all knew that was a hopeful fantasy.

Obviously I cannot recreate what she said on the Mason and Ireland show last week.  It's largely the fault of the hosts. But she does get their hopes up, and then all the idiots call in.............this is the last on this from me.  You choose to believe what you want, and I'll always have the truth

Ramona is a professional.
She's not going to claim that she knows that Lebron will be a Laker.
Lebron himself might not know what team he will play for in 2018.
avatar
tjmakz

Posts : 3518
Join date : 2010-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by NYCelt on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:12 pm

OK kids, let's chill.

If you can't play nice, no ice cream for dessert.
avatar
NYCelt

Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by NYCelt on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:31 pm

swish wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
NYCelt wrote:I don't think this is reliable.  Every indicator I've seen is that George wants to go to LA and has no intention of signing an extension.  Not with Indiana, and not likely anywhere else.

Beyond that, we now have Tatum and Brown, two wings with outstanding potential, and, so far, Crowder too.  Throw in the potential that exists with Ojeleye.  Why would we go after Hayward?

I think we'll go after bigs next.

The writer of this story is a big time Celtics homer.
All teams would love to have PG and Hayward.
There seems to be zero substance to this idea of signing Hayward than trading for PG and him agreeing on an extension.



"Beyond that, we now have Tatum and Brown, two wings with outstanding potential, and, so far, Crowder too.  Throw in the potential that exists with Ojeleye.  Why would we go after Hayward?"

  Potential - yes - The question is -  IF and When.  George and Haywood are already proven NBAers.

  swish

Swish,

At this point, I think the potential is so high with Tatum and, to a lesser extent, Brown, that I'd rather have them than Hayward. We know we can't win it all now, so why go after Hayward? George, I don't think is even an option.

I think we could contend for an extended period of time by building with a young core featuring the likes of Tatum, Brown and Smart. Also, they are inexpensive enough at this point that we can go after a couple of bigs. Get Hayward, or if there were a way, Hayward and George, and we have the small ball Hall of Fame without the ability to sign bigs. At least not very good ones. Instead of wearing advertising patches for GE next season, we'd need to be sponsored by Dunkin' Munchkins.

That's two posts where I've mentioned Dunkin' now. I'm feeling that need to go get an iced coffee...

Regards
avatar
NYCelt

Posts : 6483
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Celtics Could Trade For Paul George If Agreement Reached With Gordon Hayward

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum