The Sixers' New Nickname

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sixers' New Nickname

Post by bobheckler on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 am

Joel Embiid sent out a tweet that described the Sixers as the "FEDS". FEDS stands for

Fultz
Embiid
Dario (Saric)
Simmons

Pretty big talk for a couple of kids, only one of whom has played more than half an NBA season. They better live up to their own self-promoting drama.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sixers' New Nickname

Post by gyso on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 am

The name comes up a little short.  There are five players on the team.

it is a thing to do nowadays with these kids.

Our own Brown and Tatum have: 7/11 Get buckets 24 hours

As Rosalie says, "Someone has too much time on their hands."

gyso

PS: [edit]

https://twitter.com/CelticsDirect/status/879326560968474625

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:45 am

Today's game is much more about ego then in years past. A lot of older people don't like this kind of thing because it becomes about the individual more than the team. Kind of like how people smiled while cursing under their breath at Antoine and his wiggle.

The new young whippersnappers on the block are growing up with social media and this is the way they roll. they're gonna posture, let's just hope they don't bring too much of that on the court. If nothing else it offers a creative outlet and I, for one, enjoy creativity. like when Bob asked if Brown was the X factor to my YandZ.

As far as FEDS is concerned...0% interest. Smile
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:09 am

bobheckler wrote:Joel Embiid sent out a tweet that described the Sixers as the "FEDS".  FEDS stands for

Fultz
Embiid
Dario (Saric)
Simmons

Pretty big talk for a couple of kids, only one of whom has played more than half an NBA season.  They better live up to their own self-promoting drama.

bob

Big talk indeed, but I am concerned about the team Philly is putting together if they live up to the expectations they could be very good for many years.

On another note I'm listening to talk radio just now and a "Mike from North Providence" calls in to discuss the Celtics. Good call and obviously an intelligent Celtics fanatic. Worcester could this be old friend Mike from NP who we met years ago at a BDC event in Allston? I believe you have stayed in touch with him.
bobc33

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks for the repeat quote, do you think they go to bed thinking about this stuff???

As I say to all often times "Someone has too much time on their hands"
Let's see what happens on the court.

kids being kids
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Most of the folks who live down here (near enough to Philly to know that they exist) are still calling them the 'ers (took their digits away from them) after their terrible "tanking" seasons for about the last decade. Bad enough that a team can be bad for so long, but doing by trying to lose is completely unacceptable.

I am still calling them the ''ers" until they show me differently.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:24 pm

This is the lousy part of basketball. Philadelphia was rewarded for tanking year after year, accepting the loses as a normal thing. I cannot imagine being a Philly fan and living through this. You must be a die hard fan, and at this point I am sure that type of fan is few and far betw Simmons never got to show us what he really can do, Saric is a terrific shooter and Emblid is just a full season away from dominating the center position

So, you have alot to look forward to, but it was one hell of a way to get there. I thank God every day that the Celtics did not take this route.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 pm

I can imagine how Okafor feels about being left out of this nickname.
It's looking more and more like he won't start the season as a 76er.

The 76ers fans finally have some excitement.
Over 14,000 season tickets sold is great for them.
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 pm

When Philly starts to mature and be in a position to win and make other teams take notice, Boston will be in their prime, and with the stock of draft picks Danny is building, should remain there. That should put Philly always just a little behind. Sekoku said something like this and it resonated. No worries!
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Rosalie,

I am not an 'ers fan in any way. Born in Boston, grew up in Rhode Island and a Celtics fan since 1959. I just happen to live close enough to Philly to have to see stuff on local TV and in local newspapers about them.

I still hope that they lose every game

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top