RosalieTCeltics
ginoc
bobheckler
red16russ11
kdp59
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

teams looking at Kelly O. - Page 2 Empty Re: teams looking at Kelly O.

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Rmbone wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:It will be interesting to watch and see if he does "get it" finally. Maybe a change in the way he is played will help him.  I will never forget that game against Washington, that was the best game I ever saw him play.  And then he basically went back to the old KO

If by "get it" you mean get a real chance and a long leash, then I hope so too. Brad always held Olynyk to a much higher standard than anybody else on the roster. Never let him play through mistakes, never ran plays for him in the post to get his offense going, always yanked him out of the game after a missed rebound, even if the team was playing extremely well with Olynyk on the floor.

Olynyk's going to shine with a real opportunity.

I agree. Celtics traded up to get KO, but never gave him the chance to play through mistakes and develop any sort of mojo.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:57 pm

I think much more confusing about Olynyk was his incredible inconsistency much more than whether he played forward or center.

I liked him from the start and he did work hard to improve in many aspects of his game, but even at the end of his fourth year he could have that super game against Washington in the playoffs followed by "missing in action" type performances in some following games. It is very difficult to coach guys like Olynyk when he could get you 20 points one game and then only get you 3 for the next two games.

Not sure that Stevens needed to baby him any more than he did. At some time an NBA player needs to be able to overcome his bigger/biggest weaknesses, and Kelly just never could seem to get on the wagon with solid games night after night.

Morris is going to out play Olynyk in many ways this next year even if he was not drafted by Ainge and is not a 7 foot tall player for appreciably less money.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Anthony Chiang‏Verified account
@Anthony_Chiang
Follow
More
Pat Riley on Olynyk: "What we like the most is that he is a playmaker, tough defender and rugged rebounder."
1:22 PM - 7 Jul 2017

bob
MY NOTE: Someday Riley will be up on the Mt. Rushmore of bullshit artists...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:50 pm

bobheckler wrote:Anthony Chiang‏Verified account
@Anthony_Chiang
Follow
More
Pat Riley on Olynyk: "What we like the most is that he is a playmaker, tough defender and rugged rebounder."
1:22 PM - 7 Jul 2017

bob
MY NOTE:  Someday Riley will be up on the Mt. Rushmore of bullshit artists...

Wow, ain't that the truth!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2