The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by steve3344 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:34 pm

I just got an email letting me know someone just posted on the Avery Bradley thread (which had gotten a little contentious between a couple of members tonight) and when I clicked on the link to read it here is the message I got:

Sorry, but only administrators can read topics in this forum.

steve3344

Posts : 3435
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by dboss on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:53 pm

It is my fault. I missed a three point shot and was sent to the bench.

This is a prime example of censorship and an over reaction to a lively debate.

dboss (frothing at the mouth)
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6191
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by steve3344 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:57 pm

I guess it seems only fitting since Avery Bradley has disappeared as well.

steve3344

Posts : 3435
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by dboss on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:05 pm

steve3344 wrote:I guess it seems only fitting since Avery Bradley has disappeared as well.

Yes he is gone and we are moving on. We have a very exciting season to look forward to.

dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6191
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by steve3344 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:17 pm

dboss wrote:
steve3344 wrote:I guess it seems only fitting since Avery Bradley has disappeared as well.

Yes he is gone and we are moving on.  We have a very exciting season to look forward to.

dboss
Would be more exciting if we could somehow trade for Marc Gasol.

steve3344

Posts : 3435
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 am

steve3344 wrote:
dboss wrote:
steve3344 wrote:I guess it seems only fitting since Avery Bradley has disappeared as well.

Yes he is gone and we are moving on.  We have a very exciting season to look forward to.

dboss
Would be more exciting if we could somehow trade for Marc Gasol.

how you going to afford him?

avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11550
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by steve3344 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:11 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
dboss wrote:
steve3344 wrote:I guess it seems only fitting since Avery Bradley has disappeared as well.

Yes he is gone and we are moving on.  We have a very exciting season to look forward to.

dboss
Would be more exciting if we could somehow trade for Marc Gasol.

how you going to afford him?

I'm not paying him.  But if both sides wanted to make a deal it could be done.

steve3344

Posts : 3435
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 am

dboss wrote:It is my fault.  I missed a three point shot and was sent to the bench.

This is a prime example of censorship and an over reaction to a lively debate.

dboss (frothing at the mouth)


are you serious? I saw that thread and posted a few times on it, some differences of opinion, like on level of Dannys job as GM, but I didn't see anything near too vulgar or meanspirited, just lively debate, which is good.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11550
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by dboss on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:10 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
dboss wrote:It is my fault.  I missed a three point shot and was sent to the bench.

This is a prime example of censorship and an over reaction to a lively debate.

dboss (frothing at the mouth)


are you serious? I saw that thread and posted a few times on it, some differences of opinion, like on level of Dannys job as GM, but I didn't see anything near too vulgar or meanspirited, just lively debate, which is good.

Cow

As a moderator I understand sort of.  Disputes have resolutions.  One is to lock down a thread and the other is to delete a thread.  The premise is to reduce any perceived level of antagonism.  

I thought it was a very informative thread that reflected the vast array of knowledge of our esteemed board members.  I protest the deletion.  

I believe because I was hammering Danny Ainge too hard some folks got their panties in a twist.  The common denominator that connects all of us is our connection and devotion to  Celtics basketball.  Sometimes we read a post and think that guy is a moron.  But we are obligated not to call him a moron because of the Golden Rule.  Convivial chats is the theme.  

Nothing to see here.  Moving along.

dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6191
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 am

I didn't think you were hammering anyone too hard, I agree with some of your points like I also question if IT is a max contract worthy player, we know Horford is not, very good player, but max, really? Hayward I was not even for that signing. Danny has made mistakes, could have done better and it's amazing we overachieved all the way to first in EC and still have these lottery picks, 2 of which are playing/developing.

I think Tatum was the right pick, especially getting another additional pick, Fultz may be very good, I think Tatum will be better.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11550
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by dboss on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:58 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:I didn't think you were hammering anyone too hard, I agree with some of your points like I also question if IT is a max contract worthy player, we know Horford is not, very good player, but max, really? Hayward I was not even for that signing. Danny has made mistakes, could have done better and it's amazing we overachieved all the way to first in EC and still have these lottery picks, 2 of which are playing/developing.

I think Tatum was the right pick, especially getting another additional pick, Fultz may be very good, I think Tatum will be better.

They hit a home run with Tatum. He is one of those rare players that can be very effectively in the midrange game. DeRozen has made a living doing that. He seems ahead of Brown skill wise.

dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6191
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by wideclyde on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Although I have absolutely nothing to do with threads disappearing on our forum, the Bradley thread had branched off in about fifteen different directions so it is not something to save forever.

Also, could be a good idea to move forward any way.

wideclyde

Posts : 1137
Join date : 2015-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by dboss on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:41 pm

wideclyde wrote:Although I have absolutely nothing to do with threads disappearing on our forum, the Bradley thread had branched off in about fifteen different directions so it is not something to save forever.

Also, could be a good idea to move forward any way.

Wyde

I do not completely agree with you about this.  It was a single tree and every branch was connected.

A lot of thoughts about Bradley and the Celtics was discussed which quite naturally leads to an evaluation of many related things including the decision making by Danny Ainge.

There are posters that take offense if you criticize a player a coach or a theme about the Celtics.  However bad feelings can and will pass when everyone understands that all Celtics fans want the same thing.  Our destination will never change but the debate on how we get there should spark meaningfulll debate.  Politics and religion should be avoided but sometimes that is not possible.

Sometimes you have to let things work theselves out.  

Dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6191
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by mulcogiseng on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:42 pm

While it is always a good idea to move on when the time is right it is also important for board administrators to be transparent in their dealings with other forum members.

I'm calling on the administrator who censored the thread to respond. Was it necessary to delete the thread? On what grounds? Are there any alternatives available for handling this in another manner? I will be happy with any response.

This is a personal issue for me as I had every post I made deleted for over 6 months before I just stopped participating. Sam and I had a number of conversations about this but he was never able to truly respond before he passed. He just asked me to swallow my pride and return to posting as he felt I added something to the conversations. I was happy to comply with my friends request. I miss him.

So let's not sweep this under the rug. If nothing else, perhaps the moderators can talk together about how to resolve conflicts that some may feel are getting out of hand. Sure wish I had seen what was going on, I could use a chuckle . lol
avatar
mulcogiseng

Posts : 759
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by dboss on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:02 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:While it is always a good idea to move on when the time is right it is also important for board administrators to be transparent in their dealings with other forum members.

I'm calling on the administrator who censored the thread to respond. Was it necessary to delete the thread? On what grounds? Are there any alternatives available for handling this in another manner? I will be happy with any response.

This is a personal issue for me as I had every post I made deleted for over 6 months before I just stopped participating. Sam and I had a number of conversations about this but he was never able to truly respond before he passed. He just asked me to swallow my pride and return to posting as he felt I added something to the conversations. I was happy to comply with my friends request. I miss him.

So let's not sweep this under the rug. If nothing else, perhaps the moderators can talk together about how to resolve conflicts that some may feel are getting out of hand. Sure wish I had seen what was going on, I could use a chuckle . lol

As a moderator I'll respond.  Trust me it was much ado about nothing.  I am sorry that the thread was deleted.  I did not delete it.  As a matter of fact I have never deleted a thread.

However I assure you that the real debate ideas will not go away.  We will be evaluating everything including the trade of Avery Bradley.

Dboss
avatar
dboss

Posts : 6191
Join date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:58 pm

I'm actually curious now because it was deleted, I think we're all big boys, we can disagree and proving our points is fun. I think Tatum is going to be a better pick than Fultz and we got another player by doing the trade, very clever move. I think Zizic is raw, but he can still help us and I'd take him over Zeller any day. And I like how a thread can start on one topic then shift to a completely different topic.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11550
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by mulcogiseng on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:17 am

Sorry Cow, but we are not all big boys here. Some of us are men. Some of us are wimmin. And yes, some are boys filled with locker room angst, tending towards the profane, wanting to lay waste to those with different views.

I was contacted recently by a board admin. wanting to discuss ways to improve the tone of board posts. Things were starting to get a little out of hand on some threads. So there is a problem here, one that can cause people to feel intimidated and reluctant to express their view. It would improve things here if we would all be a little more circumspect when we hit send. Since we are all big boys here, we should be able to express ourselves in a better way. Can't we find another way then fock/fork for fuck? Sure its a constraint on our freedom of expression but it was built into the forum rules by Sam under the heading "conviviality" Don't mean to single you out Cow, others including myself step over the line from time to time. Just an illustration.

One of the problems with the deletion of the thread is we can't go back to see exactly what the moderator was objecting to when discussing things after the fact. Maybe in the future a thread can be locked but still available? It's a rare occurrence on this forum that things spiral out of control. That was a daily, if not hourly happening on BDC.

Perhaps we should have a full out discussion on this topic to get a better sense of how most people feel.
avatar
mulcogiseng

Posts : 759
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 69

Back to top Go down

Re: The Avery Bradley thread has disappeared

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum