kdp59
NYCelt
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
bobheckler
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Here’s what we know about the Marcus Morris assault case - Page 5 Empty Re: Here’s what we know about the Marcus Morris assault case

Post by worcester Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:49 am

This team could be awesome defensively.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Here’s what we know about the Marcus Morris assault case - Page 5 Empty Re: Here’s what we know about the Marcus Morris assault case

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:44 pm

NYCelt wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:He was found not guilty. That should be sufficient. All these admonitions about choosing your associates etc. seem presumptuous to me. Do any of you guys know something that wasn`t brought out at the trial. Have you never had an " associate" who acted badly?

I think given the facts of the case as reported, it's naive to think the Morris twins shouldn't find a better place to hang.  It's a bit more than a matter of guilt or innocence in this one case.  It's an ongoing problem with professional athletes not severing the ties with those elements they don't need.  The supposed deal-makers who aren't needed at all thanks to the in-demand skills the athletes possess.  The problem seems biggest in the NBA; these athletes need to get smarter and realize they're going to be targets.  So many are leaving themselves wide open.

By the way, Morris does have a prior battery on his record.  He's going to face scrutiny like this, so he needs to recognize people and situations to avoid.

The criminal case is done, but the civil case is still pending.  It would be nice not to have that distraction down the road, but the second case hasn't been dropped.

Not picking on you or anyone else in particular jr, but we're all adults here and know how the world works.  At the very best, dumb move by the Morris twins to even have ever been around this type.  This is why the NBA is investing so heavily in social and financial education for rookies; to cut down on this kind of frequently repeated scenario. The NFL has a similar program.

You are who you hang with. It's more than just a sports camp motto.
I don`t feel picked on NYCelt. We all have our opinions. This is all water under the bridge now, but the retired criminal defense attorney in me feels compelled to point out that the place they were hanging was a high school basketball game. Kind of a natural place for basketball players to congregate. You make some valid points, but the alleged victim doesn`t have a snowball`s chance in hell of prevailing in the civil case. I realize the standard of proof is different, but the same impeachment witnesses will be available and he has now contradicted himself under oath. Anyway, I hope this guy is a contributor and stays out of trouble.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:08 am

I am sure that Morris feels a sense of relief. With just 3 preseason games left I am interested in seeing him integrated into the team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:43 am

dboss wrote:I am sure that Morris feels a sense of relief. With just 3 preseason games left I am interested in seeing him integrated into the team.
                                                                                           +1
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:51 am

Morris, Horford, and Baynes are presumably the Celtics' main post players. Not a bad combination.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:32 am

k_j_88 wrote:Morris, Horford, and Baynes are presumably the Celtics' main post players. Not a bad combination.

KJ
Theis looks like a player too
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5