Celtics Sign German Forward Daniel Theis

Go down

Celtics Sign German Forward Daniel Theis Empty Celtics Sign German Forward Daniel Theis

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:40 am

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/celtics-add-german-forward-daniel-theis-two-year-deal

CELTICS ADD GERMAN FORWARD DANIEL THEIS WITH TWO-YEAR DEAL

By CSN REPORT

As was reported last month, the Celtics have agreed to a two-year deal with German forward Daniel Theis.

Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN also reported the signing Saturday, the day NBA free agency officially began.

Follow
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @wojespn
German forward Daniel Theis has agreed to a two-year deal with the Boston Celtics, league sources tell ESPN. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0672858214450077500-4 …
1:38 PM - 1 Jul 2017
 1,022 1,022 Retweets   1,775 1,775 likes

Theis, 25, 6-8, 243 pounds, a power forward/center, averaged 9.6 points and 4.6 rebounds for Brose Bamberg of Germany, while shooting 41 percent from 3-point range and 64.5 percent on two-point attempts.

He has been an important contributor on a team that won three consecutive national titles in Germany in addition to the 2017 German National Cup.

With Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko and Tyler Zeller all not likely returning, the Celtics need to bolster their frontcourt. They lost out on All-Star Paul George, who was traded to the Thunder, and have targeted free agent Gordon Hayward.

Two Celtics big men, 2016 first-round picks Gershon Yabusele and Ante Zizic, spent last season playing overseas but are likely to be with the Celtics for this upcoming season. Zizic will play with the Celtics summer league team that opens Monday in Salt Lake City.

Daniel Theis‏Verified account
@dtheis10
Follow
More
Today is the day! I'm so excited to join the @celtics family and to live in this great city! I will work my heart out for #Boston
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down