RosalieTCeltics
dboss
gyso
kdp59
bobheckler
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade Empty The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 am

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/cleveland-cavaliers-kyrie-irving-trade-demands/

The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade

The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade Kyrie-irving
GETTY IMAGE

With Kyrie Irving‘s shocking trade request still hanging over the Cleveland Cavaliers, over 20 different teams have reached out to them, hoping that they could put together the right type of package to acquire the All-Star point guard. The Cavs will likely take their time assessing offers as they are in no rush to trade away Irving. However, the Cavs definitely have some potential blockbuster type deals to consider, one of which we now know won’t be from the Los Angeles Clippers.

According to Los Angeles Times‘ Brad Turner, the Clippers did their due diligence and reached out the Cavs about potentially acquiring Irving. With Chris Paul heading to the Houston Rockets, Irving would clearly be an upgrade over any point guard the Clippers currently have on their roster. Yet, the Clippers don’t have the type of assets the Cavs are looking for in exchange for Irving.

This is a very specific set of wants, but for a player of Irving’s caliber, it makes complete sense.

If they do trade away Irving, the Cavs will need some blossoming young talent so they can start thinking about the future of the team whenever LeBron James decides to retire or even leave in free agency. And the veteran starter is key, especially since even without Irving, the Cavs will be a championship contending team in the East with James. Also, James has in the past preferred to play with more established players since he can count on them more based on their experience.

No matter what the Cavs decide to do with Irving, it’s clear that they want to make sure they can get equal value in exchange. And considering how big of a role Irving plays on the Cavs, this is may be a daunting task for new general manager Koby Altman.

bob
MY NOTE:  We have what Cleveland wants, but do they have something that is worth that price?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade Empty Re: The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade

Post by kdp59 Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:52 am

Clippers found out Cavs want veteran starter, young player on rookie contract and draft picks, per source. Clippers don't have that.

I think this part didn't get pasted in the article above.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade Empty Re: The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade

Post by gyso Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:52 am

I strongly suggest that the Boston Celtics do nothing that helps the Cavs extend their window of competing for a championship.

Let that ship sink on its own.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:10 am

The Cavs will be a competitive team as long as Lebron James keeps balling.  

While Irving is a great offensive player is he transcendent?  I think not and therefore his value to the Celtics is diminished when you consider the assets that it would take to get him.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:27 am

unless there is a three way deal, I think that Kyrie will end up staying in Cleveland for at least half this season if not all. Straight up, there isn't a deal that does not strip a team of a vital part of their lineup.  As for the Celtics, I am not willing to give up our budding two young players yet..if at all. If they grow into what we hope they will, why give them up for a petulant player who wants to be THE STAR.  

Let Cleveland worry about this, Celtics IGNORE it all. I know he is talented, but was he this good because of LeBron?

Rosalie

Last edited by RosalieTCeltics on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:14 pm

In my opinion, there is no hurry for any GM to even come close to giving what Cleveland has supposedly asked for Irving. With what has transpired in Cleveland this summer with Irving asking to be traded there is ZERO percent chance that Cleveland does not have to trade this guy.

Not that Cleveland should not ask for what they want (now) because Irving is a top level player in the league even if he is a marginal defender. It is just that if all the GMs wait the Cavaliers out (show some patience) Cleveland will end up trading him for much less than they are currently asking.

The entire situation should only net Cleveland a lesser return in talent than they will be giving up in Irving if other teams can force them into taking less by waiting. No team has to "help" Cleveland out of this mess that Irving has stirred up, and Ainge certainly will not do anything but try to "win" the deal by a large margin if he is interested. This is why, I think, the Cs have not yet made a trade offer for Irving.

I bet that Cleveland only gets maybe a good player back for Irving sometime in September who has a matching salary, and that they will have to forget about a rising star, first round picks, etc, etc.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:54 pm

New CLE GM has said Irving is under contract, and he expects him in camp. I don't really want the guy, for all the reasons I've read above. If the situation is untenable (and I believe with the egos involved it will be), then the ONLY deal that makes sense is Kyrie to the Knicks for Melo, Frank (Ntilinka?) and a pick. With Kyrie and Sessions, the Knicks will be ok at two spots......with Rose and Frank, the Cavs will then have to deal with Love......Rose, Smith, Melo and LeBron will all start, so who comes off the bench, Love or Thompson? I agree - let it implode on its' own
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Phoenix Suns:
Eric Bledsoe
Dragan Bender or Marquese Chriss
TJ Warren
Picks (Suns have their own picks and 2 Heat 1sts)

They also have Tyson Chandler and Tyler Ulis

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:45 pm

If Irving plays in Cleveland he would be a pariah.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:33 am

a little tidbit that may have relevance to an Irving trade:

LeBron James spent the past week in Las Vegas working out with Derrick Rose and Eric Bledsoe. He also gave his best try at coaching. While LeBron’s 12-year-old son, LeBron James Jr., was competing with his AAU team in the Adidas Uprising event, LeBron took over coaching for a game. And, well, he was taking the new gig very seriously. – via USA Today Sports
AAU Basketball, Coaching, LeBron James Jr, LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers

Phoenix does have the parts to put together a deal to get it done for sure. There have been articles about them being the team with the BEST trade scenarios for Irving in fact.

Bledsoe is always the vet player coming back and if they pair him with one of their big men they drafted last year (Bender or Chriss), they match Irvings salary. I believe Phoenix   also has an additional first round pick in the next year or two as well, so draft picks shouldn't kill any deal.

My money is on Irving being in Phoenix before long...unless the workout with the King didn't go well.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:59 am

Here's video of Steph Curry making fun of LeBron's workout video, which he posted in June.  Ok, that's all in good fun BUT, there's Kyrie Irving egging him on...

Kyrie is burning every bridge back to Cleveland.  He is cancerous, at this point.  I think kdp might have a point about Kyrie in Phoenix.  There are only a few teams that can offer Cleveland what they want and Boston and Phoenix head that list.  I don't think Danny's snapping at a price that high but Kyrie between this and not taking calls from Cavalier's management is taking this beyond a request for trade, he is making it impossible for him to stay in Cleveland.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/891665733360513026/video/1

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:28 pm

It's funny, all we have ever heard is that LeBron is chasing MJ. As egotistical as MJ was, he will forever be #1 on the list of most popular, admired players in the NBA. I feel that LeBron is not and never will overtake him in admiration from fellow players. It is one thing for players to having fun, but another to be the constant butt of mockery.

This whole situation is going to turn toxic if the Cavs don't make a move before the start of the preseason. Holdout? he does not have a leg to stand on, he has a contract.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:11 am

The Cavs find themselves in real tough spot.

The key for them is to add a starter and future first rounders.  This will keep them comptitive if James stays and they can start to add some young talent through the draft.  

However the big shoe drops when James will not commit to staying.  

In which case he may be the big prize come February.  It would take a boatload to get him.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:29 am

why would anyone trade for him, give up a "boatload" when he is a free agent come June? Cav's are really caught in a catch 22 here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:35 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:why would anyone trade for him, give up a "boatload" when he is a free agent come June?  Cav's are really caught in a catch 22 here

Rosalie

If a team is looking to get the best player in the NBA but is over the Cap the only way they could do that is by trading.

Celtics fans will not be pleased if he signs with LA next summer. They are one of a few teams that could get him in free agency. The only way for the Cavs to get out of the catch 22 situation is to demand a firm commitment from James that he will opt in for another year.

If he will no commit they really need to let the reign come to an end and start the rebuild process.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:47 pm

While it would be nice to be rated as the best in the east - don't lose sight of the the number one goal to be world champ. Their's a lot of improvement needed before they are ready to seriously challenge the Warriors and their "in the prime" cast of fabulous shooters.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Dboss,

Cleveland does not want to ask James for a commitment because they are anticpating that they will probably not like the answer that they would get. James is not going to say "yes" and saying something like "not sure" is just like saying "no".

And, no one can blame James for not wanting to make a commitment to the Cavs beyond this year before seeing what management is going to do to surround him with talent enough to get the team a chance to beat the Warriors again.

Cleveland's first move has to be what they do to get something valuable back when they trade Irving. I have stated on other threads that I would expect the Cavs to have to settle for a lesser talent than Irving because of the situation Irving caused two weeks ago. I highly doubt that they get a young stud, a developing younger guy and some draft picks for Irving.

If they are going to blow things up and trade James (another tough trade for most of the same reasons) they have to get as many draft picks and as many "just drafted" guys as possible, trade most of James' veteran buddies, and hope that their next rebuild is going to be as successful as Boston's has been.

Cleveland is not in a good position with their two best players and the team in turmoil, and no other team should help them in any way.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:26 pm

The King has a no trade clause.

he aint' agreeing to any trade. If/when he leaves the Cav's where ever he wants to land will make the numbers work to get him.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:47 pm

The Cavs Have A Specific Set Of Criteria For A Kyrie Irving Trade DGKJxr9XYAESHoL

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Melo will be in NY at the start of the season. How would Houston be able to fit him in without getting rid of a few contracts. Does not seem like anyone is interested in Ryan Anderson, so who goes?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:09 pm

Melo will be in NY at the start of the season. How would Houston be able to fit him in without getting rid of a few contracts. Does not seem like anyone is interested in Ryan Anderson, so who goes?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:01 pm

kdp59 wrote:The King has a no trade clause.

he aint' agreeing to any trade. If/when he leaves the Cav's where ever he wants to land will make the numbers work to get him.

If that is the case Cleveland is screwed.

Cleveland pretty much did everything Lebron asked them to do with respect to giving guys like Thompson a big contract and keeping guys like JR Smith. Their cap situation and lack of tradeable assets really limits the moves they need to make.

Melo does not want to go to Cleveland because he probably suspects James will be leaving after this year.

The bottom line for Celtics fans is that all of the turmoil in Cleveland really opens up a pathway to make it to the finals this season.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:13 pm

I wonder if the pressure of carrying this team will finally get to LeBron, Is he so talented that he will carry this team all year with a little help from Love and/or Irving, if he does not traded. But the story will not go away all year and will definitely affect the play on the court.

I personally will not worry what is going on there.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:46 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I wonder if the pressure of carrying this team will finally get to LeBron, Is he so talented that he will carry this team all year with a little help from Love and/or Irving,  if he does not traded. But the story will not go away all year and will definitely affect the play on the court.

I personally will not worry what is going on there.

Rosalie,

I think LeBron left Cleveland to go to Miami because he finally realized he couldn't do it himself. He went back to Cleveland to mend fences and to bring a championship to Cleveland, which he did. I suspect he is now where Doc was in 2012 when Doc decided he doesn't want to do another rebuild. I think LeBron is there, mentally. He's too old to start from scratch.

And Dan Gilbert foolishly firing David Griffin probably didn't help neither.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:34 pm

In the end the Cavs may have to accept less than they want for Kyrie

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2017/08/cleveland_cavaliers_scribbles_64.html
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next