Zach Randolph signs for $24 million and is arrested for intent to distribute marijuana???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zach Randolph signs for $24 million and is arrested for intent to distribute marijuana???

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 pm

For the first time in all the years he has been mouthing off, I finally agree with Stephen A Smith.
What the hell was he thinking carrying that amount of weed on his person. It is still illegal in California..they charged him with possession with intent to sell. Because of the amount of weed he had on him, that is how they got that charge.

Stupid, period. They all do it, there is no doubt about that. But carrying large amounts is really stupid. Someday, this charge will be gone, marijuana will be legal and this wont happen, but really, do these guys really believe they are above the law?? This was stupid on Randolph's part, period. Now he will get suspended for this as the NBA follows certain rules even though three quarters of their players smoke it.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Re: Zach Randolph signs for $24 million and is arrested for intent to distribute marijuana???

Post by dboss on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:21 pm

I still have not seen a report on the amount of weed that he had.

Under 28 grams (an once) is permissible

The report came from TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/10/zach-randolph-arrested-for-weed/

dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:40 pm

it was enough for them to charge him with intent to sell they did not say they amount exactly, this was ESPN.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Stephen A.Smith has been a long critic of professional athletes being involved with marijuana so this rant is at least consistent.

If Randolph was carrying marijuana to sell, you would hope that he had a trailer truck full and not just a piddling little amount.

Could end up being a trade of a $24M contract for $25 worth weed of weed profit. Talk about making poor choices.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:10 pm

The CBA is pretty liberal about marijuana.  Unless they can prove intent to distribute Zach will be playing on day one.

Penalties. Any player who  (iii) has been convicted of (including a plea of
guilty, no contest or nolo contendere to) the use or possession of
marijuana in violation of the law, shall suffer the following penalties:

(A) For the first such violation, the player shall be
required to enter the Marijuana Program;

(B) For the second such violation, the player shall be
fined $25,000 and, if the player is not then subject
to in-patient or aftercare treatment in the Marijuana
Program, be required to enter the Marijuana
Program;

(C) For the third such violation, the player shall be
suspended for five (5) games and, if the player is
not then subject to in-patient or aftercare treatment
in the Marijuana Program, be required to enter the
Marijuana Program; and

(D) For any subsequent violation, the player shall be
suspended for five (5) games longer than his
immediately-preceding suspension for violating the
Marijuana Program and, if the player is not then
subject to in-patient or aftercare treatment in the
Marijuana Program, be required to enter the
Marijuana Program
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:19 pm

I happen to have been involved in the criminal (in)justice system for a long time. Cops often charge intent to sell when it is not warranted. Let`s see how this plays out.
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:03 pm

That basically what the other guy on ESPN said (not that I take anything those reporters say as imporant or truthful). I think they said he just had what they call "over the legal amount"
My guess is that he mouthed off and that is what got him in trouble.
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Under Prop 64 (legalization of Marijuana) in CA possession of > 1 oz is a misdemeanor punishable by $500 fine and/or up to 6 months in jail. Most of the time, when people are stopped by police with more than an ounce and they aren't being looked at for anything else more serious, the cops will just say "Dude! You gotta be more careful with this! Divide this into smaller baggies and stash them at home!".

My prediction is this will all go away with just a little bit of money, which Zebo has in abundance. I live in CA and am one of the few people I know who does not have a medical marijuana card (there's maybe 3 of us that I can think of that I know). Nobody cares about this or sees this as a threat to society. Quite the opposite, even fairly conservative people will take the libertarian stance ("government stay out!") rather than a hard-line "lock'em up!" one.

http://www.canorml.org/news/what_will_be_legal_and_what_wont_after_Prop_64

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:45 pm

bobheckler wrote: Even fairly conservative people will take the libertarian stance ("government stay out!") rather than a hard-line "lock 'em up!" one.

bob

Then there's guy like me.. who scream at the top of their lungs for the firing squad..   lol!

Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 am

Supposedly it was two pounds. That's more than enough to be charged with intent to distribute.

[size=40]ZACH RANDOLPH[size=72]ARRESTED FOR WEED IN L.A.[/size][size=58]... 2 Pounds of Pot[/size][/size]

[size]

8/10/2017 6:15 AM PDT
[/size]

EXCLUSIVE

LEAVING JAILTMZSports.com

10:30 AM PT -- Randolph allegedly had roughly 2 POUNDS of weed on him at the time of the arrest. We're told the weed was in a "large backpack."
That's a lot of weed. 
8:02 AM PT -- TMZ Sports shot Randolph leaving jail moments ago ... with a big smile on his face!
Randolph didn't seem concerned one bit and casually walked to a waiting ride. 
NBA star Zach Randolph was arrested in L.A. on Wednesday night -- igniting a crazy disturbance that required cops to call in the cavalry for backup, TMZ Sports has learned. 
LAPD officers were called to the Nickerson Gardens area in L.A. around 10 PM -- and when they arrived, cops found a large crowd of people smoking, playing loud music and blocking the roadway.
Law enforcement sources tell us 3 people were seen grabbing their waistbands and running -- so cops went after them.
Three people were detained -- including Randolph, who was eventually arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to sell, A FELONY. We're told the "intent to sell" part was due to the large amount of weed found.
Another man who was arrested was an ex-con in possession of a gun, law enforcement sources say.

After the arrests, we're told things got crazy -- the crowd became unruly and LAPD had to call for backup.
We're told 6 cop cars were vandalized -- tires slashed and windows busted -- and cops formed a battle line to restore order.
In the end, cops recovered 2 guns, drugs, a significant amount of cash and 2 vehicles were impounded -- though it's unclear if any of those things belonged to Randolph.
Randolph is listed at 6'9", 260 on his booking sheet, which also says bail was set at $20,000. 
FYI, Randolph spent years with the Memphis Grizzlies before signing a brand new 2-year, $24 million contract with the Sacramento Kings. 
We've reached out to Zach's rep for comment -- so far, no word back. 

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 am

steve3344 wrote:Supposedly it was two pounds. That's more than enough to be charged with intent to distribute.

[size=40]ZACH RANDOLPH[size=72]ARRESTED FOR WEED IN L.A.[/size][size=58]... 2 Pounds of Pot[/size][/size]

8/10/2017 6:15 AM PDT

EXCLUSIVE

LEAVING JAILTMZSports.com

10:30 AM PT -- Randolph allegedly had roughly 2 POUNDS of weed on him at the time of the arrest. We're told the weed was in a "large backpack."
That's a lot of weed. 
8:02 AM PT -- TMZ Sports shot Randolph leaving jail moments ago ... with a big smile on his face!
Randolph didn't seem concerned one bit and casually walked to a waiting ride. 
NBA star Zach Randolph was arrested in L.A. on Wednesday night -- igniting a crazy disturbance that required cops to call in the cavalry for backup, TMZ Sports has learned. 
LAPD officers were called to the Nickerson Gardens area in L.A. around 10 PM -- and when they arrived, cops found a large crowd of people smoking, playing loud music and blocking the roadway.
Law enforcement sources tell us 3 people were seen grabbing their waistbands and running -- so cops went after them.
Three people were detained -- including Randolph, who was eventually arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to sell, A FELONY. We're told the "intent to sell" part was due to the large amount of weed found.
Another man who was arrested was an ex-con in possession of a gun, law enforcement sources say.

After the arrests, we're told things got crazy -- the crowd became unruly and LAPD had to call for backup.
We're told 6 cop cars were vandalized -- tires slashed and windows busted -- and cops formed a battle line to restore order.
In the end, cops recovered 2 guns, drugs, a significant amount of cash and 2 vehicles were impounded -- though it's unclear if any of those things belonged to Randolph.
Randolph is listed at 6'9", 260 on his booking sheet, which also says bail was set at $20,000. 
FYI, Randolph spent years with the Memphis Grizzlies before signing a brand new 2-year, $24 million contract with the Sacramento Kings. 
We've reached out to Zach's rep for comment -- so far, no word back. 

Sacto's 2019 first round pick just started looking better and, somewhere in Wellesley, MA, Danny Ainge is laughing like a hyena.

bob

bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:26 am

That's why since that Von Wafer-Delonte West fight back in 2010, Danny Ainge has stayed away from problematic players.

Last season some Celtic fans wanted Ainge to sign Larry Sanders.
There was no way that was going to happen.
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:48 am

That's a lot of weed Randolph had. I'm sure his local pizza shop loves him.
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:12 am

DA: We are going to throw the book at you Randolph. Drug dealers like you will get no leniency.

Randolph: I'm not a drug dealer. How can you say that?

DA: If you are not a drug dealer then why did you have so much weed on you?

Randolph: I roll big joints

(yep I stole this from Cheech and Chong LOL)
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:43 am

From what I have been able to find to read relating to Randolph getting arrested for having weed for sale, the entire mess seems prime for the NBA to make another "example". The last guy (cannot remember his name) they penalized for issues with weed got suspended for life.

It is difficult for me to understand how guys making millions can place themselves into situations like this for a relatively small amount of money or attention. For the kid on the street with maybe no place to live selling drugs can almost be seen as a needed "job" even if illegal, but for a multi millionaire athlete it is just entirely too stupid.

A long time used adage in our family may apply to Mr. Randolph------"Stupid actions deserve punishment"

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top