Update Irma

5 posters

Go down

Update Irma Empty Update Irma

Post by dboss Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:47 pm

This morning I spoke with one of my daughters who lives in Saint Petersburg.  She is in zone B and I told her she should evacuate. Zone A had a mandatory evacution at 2 PM.  She lives close to the water.

She called me in the afternoon and said she was on I75 heading North.  A prayer answered.

Irma is going to split Florida like a goal post and head north into GA.  I expect wind gusts and rain and a few tornados.  It should weaken to a tropical storm by the time it reaches us.  

I wish everyone the best.  Stay safe.  

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Update Irma Empty Re: Update Irma

Post by Matty Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:07 pm

we got us some board members in harms way of this b!tch of a storm, as dboss says, hope the best for everyone. Last night I talked to a friend originally from here in the Atlanta area and he'd returned here from florida where he now lives, he says they got out while they getting was good, and the 8.5 hr drive took almost 14 hours. he was using his local contacts here to find places for people from his church down there to stay up here.

My house is officially open for evacuees.

I think Monday is when Atlanta will be getting hit with whatever is left of the storm. Twisters and lots of rain I think are on the agenda. If praying is your sorta thing there are a whole mess of folks who will be needing it now and over the next few days/weeks. I'm stocked up pretty good on supplies but not much one can do about tornadoes.

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 pm

I live on the water in Tampa.
We are in line for a direct hit as of right now, but that can change a lot in a day or two.
The storm's projected path has been pushing west over the last 36 hours.
We were supposed to evacuate at 2PM on Friday.
We will probably be going inland to a friend's house tomorrow.

I hope all members here will be safe.
This is a scary one.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:12 am

tjmakz wrote:I live on the water in Tampa.
We are in line for a direct hit as of right now, but that can change a lot in a day or two.
The storm's projected path has been pushing west over the last 36 hours.
We were supposed to evacuate at 2PM on Friday.
We will probably be going inland to a friend's house tomorrow.

I hope all members here will be safe.
This is a scary one.

TJ  definitely move inland.  Did not know you lived in Tampa.  Tracking keeps pushing west so that looks bad.  Please stay safe.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:56 am

I live just off the shore, 300 yards away, about nine feet above the waterline in Sarasota. I was planning to move anyways next week, but now, having just returned from Europe, I am in a rush to move my valuables - not to my new place which is still at risk of having its roof blown off as are nost homes in Florida - but to my 3 story concrete office building where I expect to be safe and living on pb&j sandwhiches. With God's grace I will be ok. Meanwhile I am 100% excited about our upcoming Celtics season. Life is good, even in stormy weather.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:11 am

Worcester

Be safe. Please keep us posted.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:59 am

To All, Please be careful and be safe. This is a monster storm. What a season for huricane's!

Wish you were all closer so I could be of some assistance. Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Dboss, glad your daughter listened! Sometimes our kids think they know much more than us!!

TJ, I hope you get thru this with not too much damage. Be safe.

Rosalie

Hey Pete, what about you????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Any info on how pete is doing? 

I have folks from Sarasota coming to stay with me on their way here now. They left town around 10 am today and hope to be here in atlanta by 1 a.m.  

Getting gas I'm told heading north is getting difficult, I fear a lot of folks will end up stranded.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Matty wrote:Any info on how pete is doing? 

I have folks from Sarasota coming to stay with me on their way here now. They left town around 10 am today and hope to be here in atlanta by 1 a.m.  

Getting gas I'm told heading north is getting difficult, I fear a lot of folks will end up stranded.

Matty

The gas situation is bad.  My daughter left at 2 Pm yesterady and reached Valdosta but could not find any gas.  She had to get off 75 and drive for a while before she found a station.  She did not get into Atlanta until 5:30 AM.

The volume of traffic heading north has been unprecedented..   

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:47 am

Well I am finally ensconced in my 2nd story office in a 3 story concrete block building with good and few windows- and I've moved most of my valuable stuff (Paul Pierce jerseys, etc.) in here for safe keeping. I was going to move next week into a new place, but it is not hurricane safe, so it's much better to be safe than sorry. I woke at 7 a.m. and spent the next 8 hours non-stop nailing and screwing boards across the windows of my home (not my favorite kind of screwing but necessary) to prevent the roof from blowing off. So many people are in serious danger here. The storm will hit Sarasota in full force 24 hours from now. We shall see how this all turns out. I'm praying for all of us to be healthy and alive at the end of this
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 am

Take care Worcester. Hope you brought food with you!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:04 am

Bread, PB&J, tuna fish (forgot the can opener), walnuts, blueberries, olive oil, popcorn, oj, and plenty of water.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down