Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together'

5 posters

Go down

Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together' Empty Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together'

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:29 am

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1369681-pierce-allen-appear-to-bury-hatchet-time-to-get-the-band-back-together

Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together'

by Chris Walder 10h ago

Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together' W768xh576_Capture
Paul Pierce/Instagram

Time heals all wounds, including those as deep as the ones caused by Ray Allen's departure from the Boston Celtics to the enemy Miami Heat in 2012.

Paul Pierce seems ready to let bygones be bygones, posting a photo of himself alongside Allen on Saturday night at the Shanghai Oriental Sports Center with the hashtag #burythehatchet.

"The Truth" also tagged his former Celtics teammates in Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo, suggesting they should "get the band back together."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY2IsBZnbRn/

During an airing of TNT's "Area 21" back in May, Pierce said the lingering rift with Allen needed to be settled once and for all.

Members of the championship-winning '08 roster will embark on a 10-year anniversary trip in 2018 planned by Rondo that Allen isn't invited to, stemming from heat between the two.

Following the mini reunion on TNT that he wasn't a part of, Allen published a cryptic Facebook post of him as a member of the Heat appearing to elbow Rondo out of the way with the caption "The power to push limits." It was deleted soon after.

Allen went on to add another title to his resume in South Beach. Leaving for Miami wasn't what aggravated his ex-teammates, however, as they noted on "Area 21" that it was him leaving and not talking to them about it first that shattered their relationship.

Once a Celtic, always a Celtic, though.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together' Empty Re: Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together'

Post by NYCelt Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Good thing and way overdue.

Time to end the misguided ill will toward Ray Allen.

If Pierce leads by example on this, maybe we can finally put all the nonsense to rest.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together' Empty Re: Pierce, Allen appear to bury hatchet: 'Time to get the band back together'

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 pm

It will be interesting to see if KG will swallow hard and do this or continue on his own. He is aa pretty stubborn guy.  Much as I had my issues with Ray AFTER he left, I hope for the sake of history that they are able to put some of this behind them finally. It is rather childish at this point
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:42 am

Ray never talked to anyone in green during the whole process.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:44 pm

As much as I loved Ray when he came and while he was here, he has a massive ego. But then again it is obvious they ALL have big egos. My problem with Ray is that he wants to consider himself "ALWAYS A CELTIC" and then he slams them time after time in interviews. His issue is with Danny, but what can you do, it is business!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:55 pm

After seeing  IT, Crowder and Bradley traded I feel a little more empathy for Allen.  If I recall Danny was apt to trade him.  

Yes he still looks like a traitor but that notion perhaps belongs to a time gone past.  

The truth of the matter is that players owe zero loyalty to any team.  

Us Celtics fans are so steeped in tradition that we have overlooked the reality of how a modern NBA franchise functions.  Being a great player and being 100% loyal to your team may actually make a player more vulnerable.  

Ray Allen drifted away from the center the day that he lost his starting job to Avery Bradley.  When he made his decision to sign with Miami for less money and not even tell his closest teammates it was a head scratcher.   The latter failure was the main issue with his former teammates.  It really felt like a thumb in your eye moment.  

If his teammates can get past that then it would be a good thing for all of them although I am sure that some unforgiving fans will remain.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down