Charles Oakley calls Kevin Garnett "a phony tough guy"

+2
mrkleen09
Brandon$$
6 posters

Go down

Charles Oakley calls Kevin Garnett "a phony tough guy" Empty Charles Oakley calls Kevin Garnett "a phony tough guy"

Post by Brandon$$ Mon May 03, 2010 8:34 pm

And speaking of old former Knicks, I ran into Charles Oakley at Game 2 of the Orl-Cha series, and we were talking about Garnett's elbow to Quentin Richardson, and Oakley said Garnett is a phony tough guy. ESPN.com

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/32197/nba-with-chris-sheridan
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Charles Oakley calls Kevin Garnett "a phony tough guy" Empty Re: Charles Oakley calls Kevin Garnett "a phony tough guy"

Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Charles Oakley was a big fat HACK that never won anything in his life.

If he is lucky, KG will let him carry his bag from the car to the Hall of Fame when he is inducted as a first ballot member.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Charles Oakley calls Kevin Garnett "a phony tough guy" Empty Re: Charles Oakley calls Kevin Garnett "a phony tough guy"

Post by willjr Tue May 04, 2010 9:15 am

"Paging Mr. Oakley, Mr. Charles Oakley, Mr. Jordan needs his shoes shined!" Charles Oakley's only claim to fame is being third runner-up (behind Ahmad Rashad and Stuart Scott) in the Michael Jordan ass kissing contest. Who gives a flip what that over rated under talented clown has to say.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue May 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Charles Oakley WAS a tough guy. KG is NOT as tough as Charles Oakley. In fact, I'm having trouble naming any player who was or is. So, by comparison, KG and everybody else is "a phony tough guy" compared to Charles Oakley. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, threw an elbow like Oakley and would park you on your ass if you went after one of his teammates. When Oakley caught you with an elbow or a shoulder, it hurt.

Fortunately, Oakley isn't playing anymore and this is just him playing his old role in civilian clothes.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue May 04, 2010 1:36 pm

BobH: Karl Malone & Maurice Lucas were tougher than Oakley!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue May 04, 2010 1:41 pm

The following is a list of players deemed similar to Oakley (based on stats I assume)

Similar Players (Career)
A.c. Green (854)
Otis Thorpe (832)
Kevin Willis (824)
Grant Long (816)
Jerome Kersey (813)
Juwan Howard (803)
Horace Grant (794)
Paul Silas (790)
Kendall Gill (786)
Wes Unseld* (786)

*In Hall of Fame

Some more tough guys there too!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 1:50 pm

This is an interesting picture of Oakley.
He is now in great shape and probably 50 lbs or more less then when he played. He almost looks thin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Charles_Oakley.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 pm

beat wrote:The following is a list of players deemed similar to Oakley (based on stats I assume)

Similar Players (Career)
A.c. Green (854)
Otis Thorpe (832)
Kevin Willis (824)
Grant Long (816)
Jerome Kersey (813)
Juwan Howard (803)
Horace Grant (794)
Paul Silas (790)
Kendall Gill (786)
Wes Unseld* (786)

*In Hall of Fame

Some more tough guys there too!

beat

beat, The only tough guys I see on that list are Silas and Unseld. Maybe Willis.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:BobH: Karl Malone & Maurice Lucas were tougher than Oakley!-MD.

MD,

I could see Maurice Lucas being tougher. Karl Malone was big, and intimidated guys with his size, but I never thought of him much as a tough guy enforcer. Lucas was.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue May 04, 2010 2:41 pm

bobheckler wrote:Charles Oakley WAS a tough guy. KG is NOT as tough as Charles Oakley. In fact, I'm having trouble naming any player who was or is.

-Rick Robey
-Greg Kite
-Rick Mahorn
-Anthony Mason
-Reggie Evans
-Antonio Davis
-Wes Unseld
-Maurice Lucas
-Moses Malone
-Robert Parrish

Are but a few people that would have put Oakley on his ass.

I actually liked Charles Oakley's game. I was kind of a rough player with limited athletic skills - and used to like to play the role of the banger under the boards (even at my limited size) - but he should just shut his mouth these days and stick to driving balls into the woods.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down